Small toiletries, etc. for sale at resorts?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
So let's say when we arrive we have a problem with our luggage. Does the gift shop or some shop somewhere at the resorts have things like disposable razors, etc.?

We are staying at POR, for reference. I just like to know my options and I will probably bring what I can in my carry on in case of this scenario, but some things you can't bring (or at least I wouldn't) in your carry on.

TIA!

So let's say when we arrive we have a problem with our luggage. Does the gift shop or some shop somewhere at the resorts have things like disposable razors, etc.?

We are staying at POR, for reference. I just like to know my options and I will probably bring what I can in my carry on in case of this scenario, but some things you can't bring (or at least I wouldn't) in your carry on.

TIA!
The resort shops carry a limited supply of toiletries. I would bring what you can, though. They are pricey in the shops.

Do yourself a favor and go to Target before your trip and buy travel sizes of what you need. One or two items bought at Disney will cost what you'll pay for a quart sized Ziplock full of Target travel size items.

Carry the Ziplock with a change of clothes in your carry on bag and you'll be fine if your luggage is delayed.

You should always have whatever you will need for each person for 24 hours in a carry on bag. Bags get lost. You should be prepared. Our bags were misdirected on a trip to California and weren't reunited with us until late the next evening. But we were fine because I had pjs, toiletries, meds and a change of clothes in my carry on.

Ok, let me be a little more forward. Do they carry disposable razors in the gift shop? I'm worried about being prickly!

Why can't you bring a disposable razor in your carry on? TSA allows them.

Yep. Just bring yours! Modern shavers are totally allowed in carryon.

What aren't allowed are "safety razors", which were named that because screwing a razor blade into a handle was safer than the big flat blade they were using before. (And the big flat blades aren't allowed either)

Modern shavers are fine.

Yes you can buy razors at the resort store. But as others pointed out, you can pack them in your carry on. If you don’t use a carry on I highly recommend it. I pack enough to get me thru 24 hrs. A change of clothes, underware, PJs, bathing suit, flip flops, deodorant, travel size toiletries.
My trip last month luggage was delayed 48 hrs. This would have put a serious kink on the start of our vacation if we arrived with nothing. Who wants to spend first day of vacation running around buying clothes and toiletries?

Thanks, folks!

I am bringing a carry on, but I'm not one of those folks that brings a bag so big that it needs to be checked at the gate or that it won't fit under the seat in front of me, if need be. I do plan on packing enough to get me through a day or two, but I've never packed a razor before and honestly didn't know if that was allowed! I guess I'll just pack my disposable razor in my carry on, but my husband *does* actually use safety razors, so we'll have to bring him an emergency disposable, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter