small group- ques on room keys, table assignments and credit card links

ScubaMama

Mouseketeer
I'm about to book our first Disney cruise on Disney Magic for January 2014! Yes, a month away and there's availability. :-) We have a small group of 6: myself and husband, my 3 year old and 4 month old plus two other adult family members. I would really appreciate any help relating to my plan for getting three balcony staterooms, two adjoining, when it comes to room keys, table assignments and credit card links.
Room Keys-
I read that the Magic now uses RFID technology since it was reimagined. I don't know if this means that Keys to the World is an additional way to open the door or not an option. Ideally the four adults would be able to open two doors (their assigned room and one other). Any idea how easy it would be to achieve this? Also, ever heard of three adjoining rooms? There's are still several left that are in a row.

Table Assignments-
The 4 month old can't even sit so I always wear him in a baby carrier. How or when can I clarify that so that the five of us (adults +toddler) are more likely to sit together? It would be a major disappointment if my husband and toddler were at a different table. :-/

Credit card links-
One room has two adults that want to use separate credit cards. I read from a September cruiser that Keys to the World makes it possible but all four rooms that had that arrangement all had problems charging or errors on their bills. Any October-December cruisers been successful?

I'm about to book our first Disney cruise on Disney Magic for January 2014! Yes, a month away and there's availability. :-) We have a small group of 6: myself and husband, my 3 year old and 4 month old plus two other adult family members. I would really appreciate any help relating to my plan for getting three balcony staterooms, two adjoining, when it comes to room keys, table assignments and credit card links.
Room Keys-
I read that the Magic now uses RFID technology since it was reimagined. I don't know if this means that Keys to the World is an additional way to open the door or not an option. Ideally the four adults would be able to open two doors (their assigned room and one other). Any idea how easy it would be to achieve this? Also, ever heard of three adjoining rooms? There's are still several left that are in a row.

Table Assignments-
The 4 month old can't even sit so I always wear him in a baby carrier. How or when can I clarify that so that the five of us (adults +toddler) are more likely to sit together? It would be a major disappointment if my husband and toddler were at a different table. :-/

Credit card links-
One room has two adults that want to use separate credit cards. I read from a September cruiser that Keys to the World makes it possible but all four rooms that had that arrangement all had problems charging or errors on their bills. Any October-December cruisers been successful?

Firstly, I'm not sure whether you mean "adjoining" (rooms next door to each other), or "connecting" (rooms with an interior connecting door).

It's quite possible to get adjoining rooms, but whether any of the room will be connecting, it's harder to be sure that's what you're going to get. If you are booking with either of the guarantee reservations, you're agreeing that DCL can place you wherever they wish. In most cases, DCL does try to keep linked reservations close, but it doesn't always happen. If you have two rooms, you can get a blank KTTW card that will open the "other" door, but has no charging privileges.

Another point, each room will have it's own reservation number, be sure they are linked. That way you will be seated together at dinner.

Each KTTW card can have it's own credit backup. When you do your online checkin, you can enter that information, or do so upon checkin at the port. Each room will receive a bill at the end of the cruise with separate bills for each KTTW card in that room indicating what's been charged to that specific card.

Thank you so much for your reply! It gave me the confidence to go ahead and book our reservations. (The DCL agent I spoke to earlier couldn't even know basic questions without extensive wait times so I didn't want to ask these questions.)
I did mean connecting, not adjoining. I didn't know the correct wording. I booked through Costco since it gave me $135 in Costco gift cards vs $100 OBC. Luckily, we got everything we wanted. The three verandah staterooms (no whitewall!) are adjoining and two of them connect. We're also on the main dining rotation, not waitlisted. :-)

Firstly, I'm not sure whether you mean "adjoining" (rooms next door to each other), or "connecting" (rooms with an interior connecting door).

It's quite possible to get adjoining rooms, but whether any of the room will be connecting, it's harder to be sure that's what you're going to get. If you are booking with either of the guarantee reservations, you're agreeing that DCL can place you wherever they wish. In most cases, DCL does try to keep linked reservations close, but it doesn't always happen. If you have two rooms, you can get a blank KTTW card that will open the "other" door, but has no charging privileges.

Another point, each room will have it's own reservation number, be sure they are linked. That way you will be seated together at dinner.

Each KTTW card can have it's own credit backup. When you do your online checkin, you can enter that information, or do so upon checkin at the port. Each room will receive a bill at the end of the cruise with separate bills for each KTTW card in that room indicating what's been charged to that specific card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter