Small electric space heater that I can set to heat bathroom before morning showers

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I am looking for an electric space heater with a built in clock that I can set to come on in the mornings and heat my small bathroom up for about 15-20 minutes before I get up to shower. Any suggestions, ideas, ect.?

I don't know much about space heaters but we use a programmable thermostat and it's set to bring the house to the temp we want when our alarm clock rings. That isn't really what you were looking for but maybe if another member of your household wakes up earlier, you could ask if he/she can do it?
Another option would be to find a space heater that has a two position switch, set it to the on position, and plug it into a timer. My parents did this with coffeemakers waaay before coffeemakers had built in clocks & brew times. This was with an old percolator. Anyway, just make sure that the timer is rated for the amount of watts/amps you'd be running through it, not a simple lamp timer. Not worth starting a fire over it!

I mention the 2 position switch because things like modern TVs that use the same button to turn off and on, don't work well with timers. The device that you're trying to regulate needs be able to be left in the on position for the timer to function as the switch.

I got a Lasko on Amazon. I think I paid about $36 and it has a timer and remote control. It's lasted a few years now with no problems. Also look at Target.

Another option is to get wall outlet timer and plug your heater into that. Make sure the heater has mechanical switches instead of electronic so when the power turns on, so will your heater.

I got a Lasko on Amazon. I think I paid about $36 and it has a timer and remote control. It's lasted a few years now with no problems. Also look at Target.
I have a Lasko and it wont set to come on at a certain time. At least the one I have won't.

Another option is to get wall outlet timer and plug your heater into that. Make sure the heater has mechanical switches instead of electronic so when the power turns on, so will your heater.
I have one of those too and I hate the look of it. Plus I can't keep a fragrance plug in the only outlet in the bathroom, but I can do a fragrance plug and plug in a regular heater. Just looking for one with a timer on it.

I agree, get a timer. The one I have you can set it for a certain amount of time but you can't auto start it that way.

I agree, get a timer. The one I have you can set it for a certain amount of time but you can't auto start it that way.
I will just get up 15 minutes early, turn it on and get back in bed for that 15 minutes. I like having my fragrance plugs in my outlet at night.

We've used an oil-filled electric heater in our very large master bath for several years. It has a dual timer and a thermostat. It makes our bathroom with the ridiculous vaulted ceiling very comfortable. I'm able to enter a warm bathroom of a morning and delay heating the rest of the house for almost an hour. This heater does get very warm. I am careful to keep it away from towels and skin even though it does not have any "glowing" elements. Our daughter used a small, ceramic heater in her upstairs under-the-eaves bathroom. Hers had a remote. Both came from one of the big box home improvement stores. Pricing was somewhere between $50-100 on each. They've both lasted for several years, so far.

I would look into a programmable smart plug for your heater and use a home automation app to manage it. We have heaters in our kids rooms set to warm them up while we do books and bath in the evenings then turn off at a set time.

I used a ceramic heater in my greenhouse during the winter. It worked great. It doesn't get red hot and not as likely to start a fire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter