small add-on question

joelly2103

Mouseketeer
We own 150 VWL and my husband likes to go to the food and wine festival, so I suggested to him we purchase a small 50 point contract at BCV so we can stay there and walk to the festival and not worry about the 11 mo. / 7 mo. window.

Well, I also have extended family that likes to go with, but 50 points even with banking and borrowing won't be enough points for everyone to stay at BCV, likely 3 to 4 rooms.

So my question is, how hard would it be to book a studio at BCV during the Food and wine festival at the 7 month window, using some points from the VWL contract?

We don't want to stay everytime at VWL, that would get boring. I am considering even OKW, for the 7 month window - is that difficult to get during the festival?

thank you for any input anyone can give, I really appreciate it - I just don't know what to do :confused3

My experience is that it's harder to get BCV at 7 months during Food & Wine (just for the reasons you want it)

It can be done, but I would book day by day at the 7 month window and be prepared to waitlist.

OKW is not near as hard as 7 months just due to the size of the resort same thing for SSR. The two smallest are of course the hardest (BCV and VWL) and then WHO knows how VAKL will affect things.

You could get the 50 pt. contract for just your family, then have your extended family chip in to rent extra BCV points. Have them transferred into your account and then book all the rooms needed at 11 months.

How flexible will you be with your dates? If you are flexible, you will be able to get something at the BCV's during the F&W Festival. Don't forget the BWV are right there at the EPCOT entrance too. OKW will generally be available at 7 months.

HBC

Thanks everyone for your opinion, I thought about renting points for that week for the additional rooms - then it get somewhat complicated.

I also agree, it would be nice to have the points at the BCV for the convenience of staying there every other year with my husband....I would think however, it would be easier to get just one room at the 7 mo. window.

My real problem is, since we have the DVC contract, it is easy for us to stay at these resorts, but most of my family would only pay to stay at a moderate. I would feel bad, if we stayed at the BC or WL and they were over at POR - so that is what caused my dilema.

Well we could always pay cash for that week with them and stay at POR and save our points for just us but....that is not why we joined DVC.

Well I know we can work it out somehow, just realizing it probably won't be easy or perfectly ideal (unless we put a lot of work into it).

Thank you everyone for you input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter