slo’s WEDNESDAY 11/29 poll - Fast Food Chains 🍔🍕🍟🌭

Fast Food Places - What places do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• Hamburger Place (McDonald’s, Jack in the Box and etc)

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Pizza Place (Pizza Hit, Domino’s and etc)

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Coffee Place (Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and etc)

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Chicken Place (KFC, Chick-FIL-A and etc)

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Sandwich Place (Subway, Panera and etc)

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Mexican Place (Taco Bell, Chipotle and etc)

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • International Place (Panda Express, Fazoli’s and etc)

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Miscellaneous Place (Culver’s, Dairy Queen and etc)

Votes: 52 43.3%
  • None of the above - I eat no fast food

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
We don't often do fast food except when on the road. If we can find a Chick-FIL-A, that is our go-to choice. It's a bit more expensive that others, but we enjoy being waited on by young folks who smile at you when taking your order.

Burgers: Whataburger or P. Terry’s
Donuts: Round Rock donuts or Shipley’s
Pizza: Local joints. Rarely ever national chains.
Sandwich: Schlotzky’s or Thundercloud
Chicken: Lots of local joints around here but I also can’t resist Chick Fil A or Canes.
Mexican: Never in a million years. Fast food Mexican food is a travesty. I live in the land of great Tex-Mex.

Enjoying fast food is now completely oxymoronic in my life. At one time I’d eat White Castles occasionally but given them up too.

I only eat fast food when I'm camping and it's moving day. When I have to travel to another campground it's pretty easy to just grab something quick and easy on the way. I'd guess it's mostly McDonalds but I do enjoy some regional places depending on where I am.

I swore off fast food 40+ years ago and haven’t eaten it since. Used to like Big Macs but last time I had one I felt like garbage after and haven’t had fast food since.

Every now and then Chick-fil-a, but it is very rare so maybe 3 times in a year, it seems to be maintaining quality.

I checked nearly all as well although I never considered pizza as FF before. I tend to think FF as those places with drive-thrus. There are several names I've never heard of so they must not be on the east coast. I cannot remember the last time I went to a McDonalds but it seems we hit a Wendy's when we travel because it's usually a Sunday and we cannot go to Chick Fil A. We always get chicken sandwiches at Wendy's but I think it's considered a burger joint typically. Even though I checked most, we may visit one a month at most. We're eating at home a lot more since I retired and have time to shop, plan and cook.

We get fast food maybe 2-3 times a month. We probably get Chick-Fil-A more than anything. If I am out running errands during lunch. I will sometimes go to McDonalds drive thru and get a McCkicken and large Diet Coke.

Fast food has just gotten so dang expensive.

Chicken : Chick-fil-A , KFC . A Cane's is coming in the next few months, so will check them out.
Hamburger : Wendy's
Other: McDonald's for breakfast
I used to occasionally go to Subway a block away when I worked . Also Jimmy John's but they were a couple of blocks away. I preferred Jimmy John's. Now that I'm retired there are plenty of local places to get a hoagie or sandwich.

I eat more Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches than I care to admit. My step-up for special days is Panda Express. A burger from In-N-Out is a rare treat.

I'm a Wendy's fan myself and I just had some Wendy's for dinner and I like their burgers and my father likes their Dave's Double burgers plus their french fries are great. Burger King I used to like but i'm not so crazy about anymore because the only thing i'll get is their chicken tenders but their Whoppers have changed their taste in my eyes. In chicken I like KFC and I LOVE their french fries and their chicken nuggets taste awesome but I could eat a whole lot of KFC french fries if I could. But I do long for a Raising Canes or Arby's in my town

I clicked them all, even though we don't eat fast food that often. I like 'em all, but I think they've all mostly gotten too expensive. I will say one thing for fast food: most brands have a signature taste that can take some effort and luck to replicate. You can't say that about a lot of cheaper sit down places. It doesn't take much to cook better than Applebee's for example. But for something like a McDonalds meal, while the home-made fries (esp from frozen) will likely be better since they won't sit under a heating lamp, they'll probably be noticeably different. My favorites are In-and-Out and Popeyes. I've never had Raising Canes, Zaxby's or Jollibee, but would like to try them someday since I almost always love fried chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest