slo’s TUESDAY poll - Trick or Treaters

Trick or Treaters - How many do you have?

• None

Votes: 43 37.1%
  • 1-25

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • 26-50

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • 51-75

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • 76-100

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 101-125

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 126-150

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • 151-175

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 176-200

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 201 or more

Votes: 11 9.5%

• Total voters
It's hard to say. My neighborhood has definiteld been a "skip" for the kids for a while, but last year I think I noticed more participants and more kids. I guess these things ebba nd flow. I may have to get some candy on hand just in case.

We live in a condo complex in a stately, mid-town neighbourhood. There aren’t many young families around; none at all in our building. We don’t decorate for Halloween but if we’re home that night we do leave the lights on and I have a bag of candy just in case. The bell hasn’t rung once in the six years we’ve lived here.

We live in a condo complex in a stately, mid-town neighbourhood. There aren’t many young families around; none at all in our building. We don’t decorate for Halloween but if we’re home that night we do leave the lights on and I have a bag of candy just in case. The bell hasn’t rung once in the six years we’ve lived here.

It’s always a smart idea to have a bag of candy on hand “just in case,” and not just for Halloween.

You never know when you’ll “need” it.

It’s always a smart idea to have a bag of candy on hand “just in case,” and not just for Halloween.

You never know when you’ll “need” it.
Yep - and hope Halloween falls between just-in-case and somebody-already-scarfed-it. :rotfl2:

One of my grandmothers, who hardly spoke any English, called ToT candy “gold pieces.” I don’t know if she got the term from those gold foil wrapped chocolate coins (gelt) given out frequently at Hanakkuh.

None last year because we didn't turn the light on. I didn't see any activity on the street either. We live in a subdivision with about 25 houses and there is another subdivision across the road with about the same amount. Both are a mixture of older people and some kids. In past years, they have come in truckloads from around the county since we are rural. The last year we kept the light on we only got up to 25 or so and it really wasn't any younger ones, just teenagers.

We used to live in a neighborhood that was a destination TOT location. We were off a main road and everyone in the area knew that all of the houses in the 3 little street area would go all out with Haunted Houses, block parties, and scare zones. It was amazing..I’d take 3 months building props for our set-up. 😆 Probably 300-400 kids..maybe more…

We now live in a gated community that also backs up to an open canyon and we’re on a cul de sac…maybe get 25 kids, no one last year with the Covid restrictions. Hoping for some this year!!!

Depends. On a good night it could be close to 30. There have been years where we had under 5.

We live in an apartment, so zero. We also don’t live on a residential street, so no houses beside us. Residential streets are the opposite side of the road.

I will get 0-4 kids, so I do make sure I do have something in case they come by. I do live in a nice little neighborhood in a township with a decent amount of children, but, I think most people go trick-or-treating in the adjacent small city. I think it's a logistical thing. In the city there are sidewalks, houses are right next to each other and there is no long driveways.

Not sure average is a good gauge since we have been in our house 38 years and 38 Halloweens and the demographics of our neighborhood have shifted so much. Lots of kids on the street when we moved it, then 20 years later lots of Grandkids, I guess the next wave will Great Grandkids as we still have original homeowners on the street who are in their 80's and bought their houses 45 years ago.
1983 we had 120
Gradually dropped off the next 15 years.
Last 15 years, we have less than 20.
Last year zero because the health department banned trick or treating.

We usually get around 300-400. Even last year when it was freezing and snowing off and on, we had over 300 which surprised us. Our normally quiet one way street is packed with cars and people on Halloween. Not really sure why it’s so popular but we love it. Maybe it’s because it’s the historic neighborhood with a lot of houses close together so kids can hit more houses in less time.

None. Bought a bunch of candy the first year here for the kids in our complex and not a single one came to our door. The complex I grew up In used to get 100 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!