slo’s TUESDAY 8/9 poll - Grease (The Movie)

Grease (the movie) - Have you seen it, Your Opinion, What are you? (M.C.)

• Yes - I’ve seen it

Votes: 114 82.6%
  • No - I’ve not seen it

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I love it

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • I like it

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • It’s just ok

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I don’t like any musicals

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I’m a woman

Votes: 96 69.6%
  • I’m a man

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
Huge fan! I used to dance around the living room pretending to be Sandy when I was maybe 3 or 4. I've seen several productions of the play, which I also enjoy. As for Sandy changing herself for a guy, let's don't forget that Danny changed himself for her too. Remember when he swapped the leather jacket for a letterman's sweater (with a letter he earned himself) to be more the kind of guy she liked? I thought it was a sweet story about two people who are very different exploring each other's interests and meeting in the middle.

I loved it as a kid. We would play the soundtrack at indoor recess and sing along. I still like the major hits from it-find the movie itself cringe worthy now. Loved ONJ. I had her albums as a young girl. She had a beautiful voice.

Love the music and the timeframe but the message is a no for me. My parents did not allow me to see it when it came out in 1978 and I would not have allowed any daughter of mine either. Back then, you had to guess at the words of the songs. You can look up the words at many sites now and I cannot believe the words of Greased Lightning made it into a movie then.

Love it! It's probably my most-watched movie ever. DD19 actually just played Cha Cha in our local theater's rendition, so I have to mention the movie is so much better than the musical.
I was a very naive young person, and I can still remember the first time I listened to and actually understood "Greased Lightnin'" 😳😆

Loved the music, hated the storyline in the musical and the film. Why should someone change who they are just to keep a guy?
DD has said the same thing half a dozen times since they started their rehearsals. I didn't think it was so bad when I was younger but totally agree now!

When I watch it, it's like a * :welcome: Back...* :teeth: experience. There's the singing and cool cars, then there's the dancing and cool cars, plus the clothing and hair and cool cars with no bloody violence but instead cool cars and also it's a simple movie without a hidden agenda and the cars have no computer chips.:car:

Have seen Grease too many times to count. Olivia Newton John in that black leather outfit…

This poll is in memoriam of Olivia Newton-John, who many of us loved.

Have you seen the movie Grease?
If yes….What is your opinion?
What are you - man or woman? (this will be interesting - a lot of guys claim to not like Grease)
(Multiple Choice)

For Me…..I love Grease! ❤️
When I was a kid, I thought I was the coolest because Sandy and I shared the name, which is a name you don’t hear very often (my name is a normal name, but not a very popular name). I have the best memories of getting the soundtrack for my birthday, and then my best friend and I playing it over and over again - it probably drove my parents crazy. Grease was a major part of my childhood and will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Rest in peace Olivia Newton - John

View attachment 692082
I had this poster (in cardboard form) in my bedroom. It was huge!

I was 11 when Grease came out. I saw it 12 times in a span of just 2 months or so at Movie City 5, paying 50 cents to get it. I had the posters, books, etc. I was crazy about the movie and thought it was the best! I remember trying to style my hair like Sandy's and I bought a pair of high heel shoes just like Sandy did at the end of the movie. My name is also Sandy and I just thought that was great too.

I adored it- my parents took us to see it when it came out in the theater. I was ten, Any message good or bad went over my head then. I just really enjoyed the movie. I still do, but I do cringe a bit when Sandy transforms herself. That's the feminist I grew into. The kid me loved the movie with all her heart.

I too was 13 and saw it on a first date with a friend. When Rizz talked about feeling like a broken typewriter I was so embarassed I never went out with him again. Now he is a hot shot with his own law firm. If only we would have picked Superman at the theater instead my life may have turned out totally different lol!!

When I was a kid, I thought I was the coolest because Sandy and I shared the name, which is a name you don’t hear very often (my name is a normal name, but not a very popular name).
:offtopic: Totally off-topic but when I was 4, my mom was pregnant and they told me I could name the new baby- SO EXCITING! I decided on the best name ever: SANDY! Clearly not my parents choice, because right after my new sister was born, my dad told me the most amazing story about the beautiful princess, Julie Beth. By the time the story was over, I was totally sold and said, "Oh Daddy, that'd be the perfect name for our new baby!" Boy did they suck me in!

HOWEVER... I still call her Sandy sometimes, especially at birthdays and such!

You may have seen Grease, but did you also see Grease 2? Because, that one is all kinds of crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter