slo’s TUESDAY 8/9 poll - Grease (The Movie)

Grease (the movie) - Have you seen it, Your Opinion, What are you? (M.C.)

• Yes - I’ve seen it

Votes: 114 82.6%
  • No - I’ve not seen it

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I love it

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • I like it

Votes: 41 29.7%
  • It’s just ok

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I don’t like any musicals

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I’m a woman

Votes: 96 69.6%
  • I’m a man

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
This poll is in memoriam of Olivia Newton-John, who many of us loved.

Have you seen the movie Grease?
If yes….What is your opinion?
What are you - man or woman? (this will be interesting - a lot of guys claim to not like Grease)
(Multiple Choice)

For Me…..I love Grease! ❤️
When I was a kid, I thought I was the coolest because Sandy and I shared the name, which is a name you don’t hear very often (my name is a normal name, but not a very popular name). I have the best memories of getting the soundtrack for my birthday, and then my best friend and I playing it over and over again - it probably drove my parents crazy. Grease was a major part of my childhood and will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Rest in peace Olivia Newton - John

2B458F08-D02C-4562-B186-BB4A6396FA78.jpeg

I loved it as a kid.

I saw it again recently and it was just okay. I love the dance contest, but certain parts are kind of boring to me. I fast forward through Stranded at the Drive-In, Grease Lightening and Beauty School Drop Out.

I think we might be about the same age. I remember seeing it in the theater. Looking back, I'm kind of shocked. My parents were VERY strict about what kind of movies, TV shows, etc. I could watch. I didn't "get" some of the themes at the time, but I'm still surprised my parents let me see that movie. (I am wondering if they thought "it's a musical about the 50s! It must be wholesome!")

Awesome memories of going to the movies with my best friend to see Grease - it was packed - ❤️❤️❤️ We saw it several times ! I’ll date myself - I was 13 when the movie came out - we loved it !
I always like Olivia - she was a great singer but she was a very brave woman - she battled cancer for far to many years ! It made me so sad every time I read about her struggles - but she was always so brave ! Such an advocate !! I’m a huge fan and I’ll miss her !! ❤️❤️❤️

I thought Kenickie was sooooooo goodlooking when I was a girl. :love::love::love:

I love it! I remember seeing it several times as a kid in the theater. The last time I saw it in the theater I was with a few friends and we were the only ones there. I remember getting up and dancing during the songs. It would have been the summer before my 11th birthday. Great memories!

Guy here, was only 6. I'm pretty sure I've watched the whole movie but can't be entirely sure. I think it was mostly catching it on HBO back in the 80's when we first got cable but probably got the knock on the door to go play some football or whiffleball. I've seen a lot of movies in the 80's that either only saw parts of or saw the whole movie but in multiple times watching.

I’ve seen it a few times and it’s always just ok. I’m probably in the minority when I say I think Grease 2 is way better.

I'm not sure I've even seen it the whole way through, but I'm certainly familiar with it. It's ok, I was never a huge fan.

I saw it in a theater in 1978. I like it, not love it, and have probably seen it a dozen times on TV since then.

From what I understand, the original Broadway musical on which the film is based was MUCH more raunchy than the film.

I’ve seen the stage version a handful of times, from HS and college productions to professional touring casts. It’s a bit suggestive, but toned down for the family audiences they seek to attract.

I've seen it many many times. Love it. It was on some tv station this past Saturday and dh and I watched some of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter