Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you video chat with people?
If yes…..how often?

*When I say video chat, I’m referring to FaceTime, Zoom and etc.

For Me…..Never, but I have done it.
I did Zoom one time during COVID with DD18’s college softball coach (it was during the recruiting process), but outside of that, I just don’t do it. I’m sure that will change when DD18 goes to college in August - then I’ll be FaceTiming all the time ::yes::
4FB14BA7-DFE5-49CD-8A67-80F459CE0A06.png

Only for work and it’s getting to be frequently since we are all still working from home or are scattered about
Will do it personal but it’s rare - it’s usually with the younger crowd - they like using that - I don’t

Rare - work during covid, family/friends during covid.

My husband and kids when I go away without them.

I FaceTime with DS frequently, at least once a week. And once in a while with extended family (who I don’t see often in person). DH has hours of Zoom meetings every day, when he works from home.

We now have a place in central Florida. DW is down there most of the time and I go back and forth between there and my job. We video chat every night we're apart for 60-90 minutes.

We will do family calls with the grandparents every so often. The kids love being 'on camera' and are total goofballs. The dog gets confused hearing the voices but not seeing the people so he barks a lot...but he's fine with the TV.

During the early pandemic we did a few extended family Zooms and some with my college friends (including a couple virtual baby showers). Haven't had any in the past few months, not as necessary when you can see people in person again.
I occasionally do virtual trainings for work over Webex, but usually have my camera turned off, as do the trainees.

Video calls I hate and would like to never do. Phone calls are bad enough, please just text me.

I tend to have several Zoom meetings a day during the work week. Even though I only telework once a week, a lot of the people I work with telework 2 - 4 days a week. It's super weird, I miss the in person meetings.

I had a meeting with a colleague yesterday that was promoted into a leadership role, it was so nice to be together in person to talk strategery/world domination. LOL.

Use it many times at work to communicate with large groups such as employees or suppliers but only use the audio portion and show powerpoint presentations. It saves the cost/time otherwise spent traveling to a meeting location. We never use the video feature for those meetings. Our HOA has tried to use it a few times (audio only) during covid for various homeowner's meeting to avoid large gatherings in a small meeting room which made sense. However, none of them had ever used it before so it was terribly frustrating for those of us on the phone to not be able to hear questions from the room and even the person presenting didn't always sit close enough to the mic to be clearly heard. None of us could hear the side discussions taking place among people in the audience. It is a LOT different from all being in the same room together and some people don't seem to grasp that and do a poor job of advance planning. Can be a good tool for meetings if you set it up correctly and always remember there are people on the phone listening.

Used the video feature a few times with relatives when we weren't planning to get together in person when covid first got started. Generally works OK for that. There are several software products available that basically all work the same way and there is no cost to use them. Some of our relatives have a video chat app on their phone. I prefer the PC versions. The phone screen is too small and it is harder to position the camera in a fixed location so everyone can be clearly seen. I don't really see that video gains you very much compared to just calling someone on the phone. If there are many people on the same video chat, it can be clumsy to communicate when everyone starts talking over other people. There tends to be a bit of a delay in video so even when you think no one else is speaking you may both decide to talk at the same time.

Last edited:
When I was working we did it once a month, but you had the option of using a regular phone and not be on video, which most of us did. I have never done it personally, since my circle prefers texts to phone calls of any kind.

I said once a month but it varies. my sister and I FaceTime when a text will be to hard to explain something or something needs to be said right away.

We have 2 sick family members right now and is easier to communicate almost in person…lol She lives 2 hours away . I have 5 siblings all together but she is the only one I FaceTime with.

My daughter is 2 hours away and son 6 so nice to hear the voice and see that they are ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter