slo’s TUESDAY 6/21 poll - Adult Beverages

Adult Beverages - How many times a week do you drink them? (On average)

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 10 8.3%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every day

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Zero (on average), but I do drink them occasionally

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Zero - I never drink alcohol

Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many times a week, on average, do you drink an adult beverage?

For Me….Zero
I will drink an adult beverage if my DH and I go out to a nice restaurant (happens only a few times a year - I do love a good martini ), when we go out for wings and beer (happens only a few times a year) and holidays.
I have nothing against adult beverages - many are quite good. I stay away from them because I’m to cheap to buy them and because they aren’t good for weight maintenance. So I stick with my boring water and occasional Sunday soda.

*Inspiration for today’s poll is a friend of mine telling me, at a grad party we went to, that in her Yeti was vodka and water. She said she drinks that all the time, and she considers it part of her daily water intake. I didn’t ask her what the ratio of water to vodka was in that cup, even though I was curious - I didn’t want to look judgy - she’s one of my favorite people.

Diabetes and alcohol do not do well together. I will have a drink or two when I am at WDW or somewhere else where I am getting a lot of exercise, but seldom at other times.

Too often! Not because I have a drinking problem, but like you mentioned, most are full of calories and even those that aren't can make me feel and look bloated. Red wine during colder months, and cold, fruity drinks in the summer.

I had adult beverages Sunday - first time since my cruise May 21st - I’m too lazy or tired to make a drink most of the time or have something to do and by the time I’m done I’m too tired to mess with it - so not very often - but I do enjoy an adult beverage when I can

I hit 2 years sober last week after...a long time...of being a functioning alcoholic.

So, 2+ years ago, my answer would have been every day. Now...0.
Congratulations! You are an inspiration. We brought my elderly sister into our household last November so that she could access the recovery resources available in our city. She was in an in-patient facility until February and since graduating, her sobriety has been solid and we’ve seen first-hand what a miracle looks like. Best wishes to you for a healthy and happy future. :flower3:

As to the question, we have an alcohol-free home, for obvious reasons. I even purged the cooking wine and the brandy and rum I use to flambé. :teeth: We don’t begrudge it at all and would do without for the rest of our lives if it means giving my sister a better chance. On the rare occasion we are out alone, I may have wine with dinner. Last night was DH’s birthday and I had a lovely hard cider that was on special at the restaurant. That’s the first liquor I’ve had In over a month and it may be a long while until my next.:drinking1

I said "other." It's hard to estimate an average because it's so variable. I go through phases (like, if I'm experimenting with a new drink) where I might indulge several days a week. But other times, like the phase I'm in now, I haven't had any adult beverages for a month or more. It all depends!

I used to drink when I was 19-22 on weekends with friends. As soon as I met my husband and dated we never did the bar scene.

Now I only drink at Christmas parties and Weddings and that isn’t all the time either because one of us does not and drives. Now that we are older weddings are far between ….lol Husband is retired so no more Christmas parties either.

I will drink, but pretty rarely these days. Most likely to happen when DH takes me out for a nice dinner or if we're on vacation. We're heading to the beach for a week next month. I'm sure I'll have 1-2 drinks per day. But normally, not at all. Pre-pandemic, we'd go out with friends and I'd have one beer or wine every Friday night.

It's sad, but drinking alcohol makes me feel congested, I hate begin congested at bed time. I feel so gross the next day if I've been snoring all night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!