slo’s TUESDAY 4/2 poll - Breakfast Meats 🥓

Breakfast Meats - Which ones do you enjoy most and where do you eat it?

• Bacon

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Sausage Patties

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sausage Links

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • Ham

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Canadian Bacon

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Steak

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I make my favorites at home

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • I eat my favorites in a restaurant

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • I don’t eat breakfast meats

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
I’m not really supposed to have these too much as they aren’t really heart healthy. I did have turkey sausage which was ok.

Other: SCRAPPLE!!!
(I'm partial to the scrapple Sudlersville, MD Meat Locker makes, but Hughes will do in a pinch)
Won't say no to some crispy bacon either.
Not a huge sausage fan, although once in a great while I'll enjoy sausage gravy.

:teeth: Good looking plate there, SLO! I like all of those and both cook them at home and order them when we’re out. Unfortunately, bacon is absolutely killer on my acid reflux, so I’ve reluctantly had to cut back.

We have sausage links for breakfast at home almost everyday. We get really good links from the local butcher shop. But I get bacon when we are on vacation. I love bacon but don't want to eat it all the time. So, bacon becomes an indulgence on vacation. :)

Just made some sausage links at home! Not great to eat all the time but very tasty when I do.

Crispy Bacon..

I use a baking pan , line with foil, I have racks that fit inside, I spray them with pam, then lay the bacon on them, oven temp 375.. 15 minutes then flip the bacon over.. then between 15 to 20 more.. now with that said it depends on your bacon, meaning thickness and even brand.. super easy clean up!

My grandfather raised hogs and I grew up eating more pork than beef or chicken. We had fresh homemade sausage and scrapple, so those are my favorites. I haven't had good scrapple in over 50 years because I cannot find any company that can get it to me without spoiling. The closest sausage I can find to what I had as a child is Jimmy Dean. I miss country food.

I love bacon. We usually have it on the weekends. I hate most sausages. Will maybe have garlic sausage or farmer sausage for supper. No breakfast sausage for me. Yuck. Ham is okay but I don't want it for breakfast.

My favorite breakfast meat is corned beef hash. While not just a breakfast meat, I also really like huevos con chorizo.

I rarely eat breakfast meat at home. In fact, I'm not really into breakfast. It's usually in a restaurant or free breakfast at a hotel. Based on the standard options, I will always pick sausage links or patties ahead of bacon. I love bacon, but more as a complimentary food for burgers and other dinner dishes.

Bacon, then sausage links. Sausage patties only if I’m making breakfast sandwiches.

Bacon is a hard one for me when ordering out since so few places make it crispy enough for me. One exception is Waffle House, which can be gross overall, but they do make great crispy bacon.

Bacon is DH’s favorite and he’ll make that outside on the grill or Blackstone once it’s warm out - it stinks up the house, and it lingers in the house for days, so that’s why we cook it outside most of the time.
Stinks? Stinks up the house??? :faint: @slo, that is scent, bacon scent :rose:, wafting throughout your home. Not stink.

For me, bacon first, then either sausage links or patties (not much of a preference) (maybe patties first), then ham. We do have a local diner, Mr. A's, where ham off the bone is king. Giant slices, not fatty, thick slices, super taste. If we go there, oftentimes ham preferred. All mostly when eating out. Sometimes bacon at home, for the scent, haha.

Stink? That's scent....scent. :)

I voted bacon because when it’s cooked the way I like it, it’s probably my favorite food. I don’t eat it very often although I occasionally have times where I eat turkey bacon pretty regularly. I like that too and my weird kids prefer it.

I also like sausage links and patties. Ham is okay. I don’t like steak at all or Canadian bacon. Smoked salmon is fabulous.

Scrapple on rare occasions. Fortunately, our local Publix now carries Habbersett brand in the freezer section. I also haven't had Taylor Pork Roll in over 20 years. And yes, our Publix carries it next to the refrigerated bacon.

So I would say 95+% of the time is no meats for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter