slo’s TUESDAY 4/2 poll - Breakfast Meats 🥓

Breakfast Meats - Which ones do you enjoy most and where do you eat it?

• Bacon

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Sausage Patties

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sausage Links

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • Ham

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Canadian Bacon

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Steak

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I make my favorites at home

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • I eat my favorites in a restaurant

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • I don’t eat breakfast meats

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Breakfast meats are something many of us enjoy with our eggs. When I went to Easter Brunch there was a man that was taking a plate full of bacon like it was his last meal - LOL! This guy is actually the inspiration for today’s poll. So tell us……

What breakfast meats do you enjoy most?
Do you make them at home or do you only eat them at a restaurant?
(multiple choice)

For Me……Sausage links are my favorite with bacon being a close second. When at a restaurant for breakfast I will always order sausage links. My DH loves making a Sunday breakfast and many times he will serve sausage links for me. Other times he serves sausage patties because he likes that (I like sausage patties ok - I will eat them with maple syrup on them). Bacon is DH’s favorite and he’ll make that outside on the grill or Blackstone once it’s warm out - it stinks up the house, and it lingers in the house for days, so that’s why we cook it outside most of the time.

IMG_1632.jpeg

We cook bacon all the time at home.
Peameal bacon is something we cook maybe twice a year. Not my favourite.
The only time we eat breakfast out, is if we are at a hotel that offers continental breakfast.

I rarely eat an American style breakfast but when I do it’s great to sit in a diner perusing pages of the all day breakfast menu. That was the man’s version of a “date night”, LOL.

After a lot of contemplating it always came back to the same choice: waffles and sausage patty for me, sunny side up eggs for him with links and crispy bacon.

Bacon tops our list, so bacon, sausage, ham in that order. But probably only eat any of them a few times a month. And 99.9% of our meals are at home, so we are doing the cooking.

When our grandkids all sleep over (including the ones that live 20 mins away), I make big breakfast. Usually bacon , sausage, scrambled cheesie eggs , fried eggs, hash browns , cinnamon toast, and banana muffins. My 11 year old DGS calls it "the feast". And not a drop of cholesterol in the whole batch. 🤣

I don’t eat breakfast very often but I will eat it for dinner - meat - OMG YES please - I got a pic please bring it all I’ll eat it I’m not picky on meat I am your meat and potato person !!! Sausage patty or link I don’t care bacon I eat it regular I eat it candied I eat it sticking out of bloody Mary I prefer it sticking out a Bloody Mary🤣🤣
Ham steak sure why not beef steak bring it on make sure it’s rare
I have zero preference but I will eat the meat huge meat fan so I’ll eat whatever you got I’m perfectly good with it someplace that offers all and I have to pick one to go with my meal - I’ll probably pick ham If it’s a sugar ham think Cracker Barrel because they offer regular ham or sugar ham Because I like my bacon really crisp most restaurants don’t cook it that way so my second choice would be sausage

Thanks a lot SLO now I feel like cooking a big breakfast for dinner tonight 🤔🤔

I like the little fat sausages you get in diners, and I chose Other as well because I *love* creamed chipped beef on white toast, also at a diner. I make creamed chip beef at home sometimes.

I like bacon, sausage links and patties. Very rarely do we eat them at home. Occasionally bacon and links when we have breakfast for dinner.
I mostly eat bacon on cruises.

I picked Other. I don't eat meat other than seafood, but I love some of the plant based sausages. I will heat a couple of those up to have with pancakes, or to put on a biscuit. Fake chicken biscuit is also good. Fake bacon is harder. I like the morningstar version for taste, but it all crumbles apart when I'm trying to pull a couple of slices off the frozen block. I've tried other brands that just aren't good at all. Nothing can really come close.

As far as actual meat, if there is smoked salmon or trout, I love that for breakfast, with capers, tomatoes, cream cheese. I usually get some of that from Cabanas when we're on a Disney cruise.

If I am enjoying bacon, it will be in a restaurant. I prepare Canadian Bacon at home. While I like breakfast sausage, I rarely have it at home or in a restaurant.

I like bacon, sausage links, patties or crumbles. But don't eat them often due to the salt content. Started for health reasons, but now days many of them are just too salty for my taste. We always buy the Lower Sodium version of bacon.

At home my first choice is sausage links and second is bacon. When we go out for breakfast it’s neither because my go to at our local diner is two eggs dropped on corn beef hash so I don’t get additional meats.

Bacon and then sausage patties - I’ll put bacon on burgers and grill cheese…I cook a pound in the oven and wrap in paper towels and store in the fridge…then when I want some, I just nuke it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and voila- extra crispy bacon. Sausage patties I keep in the freezer and just throw a couple in a pan and cook til crispy.

I like sausage links but don't eat often. Restaurants and hotel buffets and sometimes I cook at home. Prefer turkey sausage cause healthier. I am the rare non bacon lover. If I eat bacon I like it super duper crispy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter