slo’s TUESDAY 4/18 poll - McDonald’s Hamburgers

McDonald’s Hamburger - When was the last time you ate one?

• Today (if seeing this poll later)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yesterday

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Last weekend

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Last week

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Last month

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Not sure, but it was in 2023

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Not sure - more than a year ago

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Not sure - more than two years ago

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • I’ve never had a McDonald’s hamburger

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
1983 was the last time I had a McDonald's burger.

I was little, the grey filmy slime on the burger patty icked me out and I never had one again.

I only eat filet o fish or chicken sandwiches now.

Never had a McDonalds burger or Hardee’s or just about any other fast food place except Wendy’s, and that was probably 2-3 years ago.

It's been at least 6 years since I've eaten beef, but even back then if I was going to get a fast food burger it was Wendy's or Burger King. So, probably at least 10-15 years. I wouldn't turn down a filet o fish hold the cheese right about now though.

January of this year, I think? It was a Big Mac. I like McDonald's, but it's verboten to me now because I'm eating better. I don't eat beef anymore.

I worked there as a teenager for a short period of time. I ate it every time I worked there. I didn't eat it for many years until we had kids. They ate it all the time but it has been a few years since they have wanted it unless we are traveling.

When my kids were young, we did that McD, Wendy’s and BK once a week, usually after a weekend soccer game one or both had. Once they discovered a local burger place as young teens, that is a 5 minute walk from our home, never been back eating any fast food burger chain burger. We even get lazy, and drive there to pick up. Much better tasting burger, and better tasting cheese, and fresh fries, like the boardwalk type fries, from our local place. That we still do as adults almost once a week.

More than a year ago.
Coworker and I were working off-site in a nowhere city, and the main place to eat was a McD's built inside a gas station.
They did a great job with the food, probably because everything was cooked fresh, and they were one of the few places for lunch in that area.
I had the Four-for-Four, if you must know.

I do remember when a regular burger was 50 cents.
Somewhat older here than you, @kanerf, and living here in suburban Chicago where Ray Kroc first set up shop with his first McD's. For that same 50 cents back then, I could get a 15 cent burger (19 for cheeseburger), 10 for fries (1 size) and 20 for a shake (also one size), 2 cents for tax, and 3 cent change. How times have changed.

5e3af4f35bc79c53c13315d8
5eb9acd8cdfd48264a2a7e1c

Walkup outside order windows only, outside seating on built-in benches that were part of the side of the building.

As to the poll, within the past month I would say. A free cheeseburger for app reward points. My usual when I do go to McD's, is 2 of the fairly new crispy chickens, patties only, no bun, no pickle. $2 each, $4 for 2. And a large decaf coffee, 99 cents with the app. Their coffee has improved so much over the past years. Used to be awful.

More than a year ago.
Coworker and I were working off-site in a nowhere city, and the main place to eat was a McD's built inside a gas station.
They did a great job with the food, probably because everything was cooked fresh, and they were one of the few places for lunch in that area.
I had the Four-for-Four, if you must know.
I thought 4 for $4 was a Wendy's thing?

I believe the last McDonald's hamburger I has was in 1974.

Only 1 exception. I guess about 12 years ago or so they came out with some Super Duper Angus Burger. I bought one, took one bite, and trashed the rest.

More than a year ago. If I am going to McD's it is for a shake (if the machine is working) or an Egg McMuffin.

My family is a Wendy's family. ::yes::

It’s been maybe 6 years cause my mom would like to go there for lunch sometimes and she’s been gone that long. Personally I prefer a Burger King burger. My husband and I don’t really eat fast food at all, especially lunch or dinner. We do occasionally get McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches to go though.

Last edited:
Had a quarter pounder a couple of weeks ago. No mustard.

Never can understand why mustard on burgers. I love mustard, but it belongs on hot dogs or brats.

I’m sure I had a Big Mac sometime last year. I actually really like them, but don’t allow myself one very often. I usually prefer chicken if we’re doing fast food, but a Big Mac is an occasional treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter