slo’s TUESDAY 3/21 poll - Taco (the meats/seafood/veggies)

What type of tacos do you like? (M.C.)

• Chicken

Votes: 63 57.3%
  • Beef

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Pork

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Seafood (another type)

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • None of the above - I don’t eat tacos

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Never met a taco I didn't like.

Right now, we are all about the fish taco at home. DD asks for this all the time.
I do like fish tacos when I go out. Tried making them at home but not the same.

They aren't the same as when you go out, but we really like this recipe. I have used tilapia and mahi, both winners. FWIW, I use the same measurements for the fish, but use only 5 pieces of tilapia. I cut everything else in half except I keep the 2 Romas.

https://natashaskitchen.com/fish-tacos-recipe/

1 tsp Sriracha sauce,

That is probably what we were missing when we made them at home. They were too bland.

Beef, I copy Ree Drummond's simple chili recipe and leave out the beans.
Impossible Meat is excellent with the same ingredients, or so I hear I make a second skillet for one person but do not eat it myself.

Shrimp & Fish, love both but if they are not well seasoned for the lighter flavor they can be the most awful thing ever, especially the fish if it falls to bits in an bland icky pasty blob. I've had fish taco with frozen breaded fish at restaurants and it's been OK, I bet frozen breaded shrimp would be fine too. Both fish & shrimp are fab with a sriracha sour cream.

I’m another who only wants soft shell tacos. Either ground beef or chicken.

Hard shells often break and spill the ingredients on your plate, or worse, in your lap.

Love all tacos...
Ground beef, shredded beef, carne asada, carnitas, (pork), chicken, fish, shrimp, turkey, potato...yum, yum.

Fried tacos, traditional street tacos, "fake" tacos with store bought shells and/or flour tortillas. :laughing: Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in and where I'm at.

Had lunch today at Jim Boys Tacos, home of the American Taco.
Didn't get a taco, got a taco burger. Hamburger patty with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard and pickle, all in a taco shell dusted with Parmesan cheese.

At home- basic ground beef like so many others have mentioned.

Eating out - shrimp or al pastor Street tacos

Now I'm craving tacos...

I’m another who only wants soft shell tacos. Either ground beef or chicken.

Hard shells often break and spill the ingredients on your plate, or worse, in your lap.
I just realized I got it backwards in my post. Old El Paso shells in the microwave for 15-20 seconds is the key. Ortega shells are horrible and just break in half at the fold.

And I said in my post Ortega shells and Old El Paso sauce. I meant OEP shells and Ortega taco sauce.

I love tacos but stopped making them at home because I got sick of DH and DS complaining when the shells broke. (I just grab a fork and call it taco salad. :rotfl: )

I like all the fillings I've tried, but usually go for beef or chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter