slo’s TUESDAY 12/26 poll - Putting Away Christmas Decorations

Putting away Xmas decorations - When will you do it this year?

• Today 12/26

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • This week 12/26 - 12/29

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • This weekend 12/30 - 12/31

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Next week 1/1 - 1/5

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • Next weekend 1/6 - 1/7

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • 1/8 - 1/12

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 1/13 - 1/14 or later

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • I haven’t decided yet

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • I have no decorations to put away

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
We don't put them up as early as many, so we're not tired of them yet! I like to keep them up for NYE and, then, enjoy clearing the decks the day or two after, to freshen things up and make space for the New Year.

I would have put it all away yesterday (the 26th) but my husband wants it up for a while.

A friend is taking an extended vacation in Hawaii and said Christmas still is in high gear there. Decorations up, Christmas carols being played everywhere, and special Christmas Shows not closing until the 21st. But it is a tourist area, so that may very well be the reason. He lived in Mexico for a few years and said it was the same there.
I do know one of one school districts here threw in the towel and made Christmas break three weeks because sooo many students missed the first week back because they were still celebrating the holidays with family in Mexico. They won't go back until Tuesday the 16th. The other districts go back next week, the one I live in resumes Tuesday the 9th.
Today is the epiphany so everyone has my permission to take down decorations tomorrow, LOL. Although my wife has declared ours aren't coming down until Tuesday.

All of the outdoor decorations came down today (expecting 6-12 inches of snow tonight.) All of the decorations in the house are down except for one tree and the fireplace mantle and I’ll do both of those tomorrow while it’s snowing. Next weekend the house will get a deep cleaning before I put the non holiday items back out.

Am I the only one who takes the decorations and tree down the next day? I did that yesterday. I have a couple of wall hangings to change out. For me, when it's over, it's over, but different traditions for everyone:) No one way is right or wrong.
I feel NYE is part of the holiday. I usually take it all down on 1st.

Just put them away today. Wasn't planning to do it all but got on a roll. My Christmas village is still up but should be able to get that down tomorrow. I was going to leave it up for awhile but I'm over it.

We decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving.

Our decorations are still up. Dh said we will take them down tomorrow, but we will see.

Holidays here are fun, but exhausting! And it's not until after the festivities that we savor the lights and tree.

We took down outside Jan 2 only because it was going to be sort of nice day and only getting colder. Inside are still up. Normally takes them down a few days after New Years, but no certain date. Waiting for grandsons to come over after church. Youngest likes using the 4 ft step ladder to help. We'll have it all away on Monday.

I wait until after New Year’s Day and usually do it on a weekend. I will want it all done by the afternoon of January 7th and have a lot so I may do a bit in the evenings starting the 2nd. It makes me sad to put it all away but is also a really big job so time consuming.
I actually took down most of the inside decorations including the trees (2) on New Year’s Day. I usually like to wait until at least the 2nd, but I like it all done by the following weekend and I wasn’t sure I would make it otherwise. We have other commitments in the middle of the day tomorrow and are away next weekend. I did the Christmas dishes last night and the Christmas village today. Our outside lights and wreaths are still up although I brought in and packed up the porch decor. My DH will do the lights/wreaths on a warmer day (we got snow today) although we will turn them off probably tomorrow.

... Today is the epiphany so everyone has my permission to take down decorations tomorrow, LOL. Although my wife has declared ours aren't coming down until Tuesday.
Today's the day! I was raised with the decorations staying up until after January 6 and even though we don't have any roots in that religious/cultural stream, I still follow that timeline. A good number of the neighbours here in our new complex seem to be from Eastern European backgrounds. I expected to see more decorations in general, and more left up until at least today as yesterday was Orthodox/Eastern rite Christmas, by tradition.

:goodvibes As for your wife's plan, well, I understand. If I don't manage to get everything of ours down and stowed away today, at least I'll turn all the lights off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter