slo’s THURSDAY poll - People In Your Car

How many people can fit in your cat (correctly) at one time?

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • 9-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t have a car

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Also 7 in my Acadia which we have had 7 in it at least once, and 6 a couple of times. But we've had a third row for much of the girls' lives- since we lived out in the country I felt obligated to do most of the transportation for friends coming over. I suggested to DH with them being in their early 20s now that we downsize but with moving them in/out of apartments, and maybe upcoming grandchildren someday, we'll continue to want the extra space.

I have seatbelts for 5 but there’s never been more than 3 people in it since I bought it six months ago

I have a 3rd row SUV and have seatbelts for 8, but I almost always have that 3rd row up for the cargo space and at most have 4 people in my car. I'm definitely sizing down with my next vehicle.

There are seatbelts for 5 and 5 will fit reasonably comfortably for short trips. We've never tried 5 on a long trip, but I wouldn't want to ride in the middle-back for hours on end.

I have a Honda Odyssey that seats 8, but I don't think we've ever actually had 8 passengers in it. The middle seat of the middle row folds down to be a console and I'm pretty sure we have never sat it up for a passenger.

4 but if my husband is in the car more like 3 unless who sits behind him is a kid.

Same answer for my husband's car.

This is actually a consideration when we were looking for cars back in the spring. Deciding between a 3rd row or not. However in the suv class we were looking at the 3rd row was largely useless with only a small child being able to realistically use it. We thought it would largely be there for the additional cargo space (with the 3rd row folded down) and just used in the off chance/"good to have" thing but we're still very conflicted on that.

Labeled seating for X and realistic seating for X are totally different lol.

Mid size SUV. Seatbelts for 7. 3rd row is very narrow and these days it is rare for anyone to be back there. When the kids were little though it was frequent.

I voted 3-4, but it's a Fiat cabrio. Two is the maximum number of comfortable passengers. I've sat in the backseat before for more than five minutes and I'd do it again only in an emergency. A dire emergency.

I have a Nissan Rogue, there are 5 seat belts but if you wanted to push it, you could put a person in the very back cargo area if they were small. They do (or did) make them with three seats so they are built to hold more than 5.

Well I can’t fit any people in my cat…lol but can fit 4 comfortably but it can fit 5 with the middle back seat.
I was goin to say the same. :-) I no longer have a cat, but my car fits 4. not a chance of any more.

4 are very comfortable, 5 is still pretty comfortable.

To be accurate though, for most of the time that I’ve owned this SUV the answer would be me and 2 Labrador Retrievers.:dog:

5 sets of seatbelts, but three people and our Black and Tan is the most it ever has had.

Seat belts for five, but I have never had more than three, so I don’t know how comfortable it would be with two more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter