slo’s THURSDAY poll - Filling Up Your Gas Tank

Filling Your Gas Tank In 2022 - How often do you do it?

• When it’s 3/4 full

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • When it’s 1/2 full

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • When it’s 1/4 full

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • When the car is warning me it’s on empty

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • All different times - no schedule

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • When my S/O does it

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • When I have the money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t own a car, so no need to buy gas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other- please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Currently, in 2022, how often do you fill up your gas tank in your car?

For Me…..Every Thursday, regardless how much I need.
With gas being almost $4.00 a gallon, it hurts the wallet a little less when you pay for a little at a time. Before gas was so expensive, I filled up when my car was close to empty - I hate buying a gas. That was about once every 2 weeks or so.

Usually when it gets below half we fill up our vehicles. I don't drive much so maybe once a month. DH fills his truck up a couple of times a month.

It varies, but in general I try to avoid going below 1/4, though there were times it did, including some occasions when I was on overtime and riding on fumes!

If I know a long trip is coming up I sometimes fill it beforehand, regardless of how full the tank was, to avoid a stop or having to go a station at the destination.

Always at 1/2 tank - regardless of price ( hurts right now ) lucky for me I only have to go into office once a week - huge savings on gas
DH when he’s down to fumes - he’s ran out of gas a few times and had to walk to gas station to purchase gas and walk back to vehicle - you would think he would learn 🤷‍♂️

I drive a Plugin Hybrid (PHEV) so I don't need to put gas in it often. When I need some I wait until I can get over to Sam's Club or Costco to fill it up. Well worth it to save 20-25 cents per gallon most of the time.

around 1/4 tank.......not usually lower. Might be a little higher since I fill up at the grocery store lot. so do it when I go grocery shopping

Usually around a 1/4 of a tank but I've driven till the light flashes too many times to admit.

Since I live in a big city and am never far from a gas station, I don't get it until the light comes on. Also, I try and churn Kroger Fuel Points, so I like to make sure I'm getting the most gas I can for my deal price.

I’ll fill it up around a quarter tank if it gets down to that, but my husband tracks prices so he often tops up the cars if he knows gas prices are on the rise.

When the light turns on, which is at 32 miles left on the dash. It depends on weather as well. If it's 12° today but going to be 40 tomorrow when I go home, I'll wait.

At 0 miles left (digital gauge is practically useless) I still can barely get over 9 gallons in my 14 gallon tank.

Usually once a month as my car does well on fuel. If im off work and going out & about more then I might put a bit more in.

I had to choose Other. I usually get rides to appointments and such, and will give gas money to whoever is taking me somewhere. I'm also always offering gas money to my sister when we're out but she never takes it.

I wish gas was just below 4 bucks a gallon here. Pretty much 5 bucks a gallon in So Cal.

I voted other. As I usually wait until it's 1/4 full, but Hubby will fill up my vehicle when he drives it.

When the light comes on and I get a message saying how many miles I have left. My previous car was a liar, when it was down to 0 miles, I still had at least half a tank. I found out the hard way that when this car says 0 it means it! I still live dangerously though.

eta: also weather dependent like a pp mentioned. I hate pumping gas when it's cold and windy.

I fill it up as needed, once or twice a week depending on how much running around I do for work and/or myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter