slo’s THURSDAY 8/17 poll - Hot Sauce 🌶️

Hot Sauce - What’s your opinion of hot sauce?

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I sorta like it 👍🏻

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • I hate it 😣🙁👎🏻

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • I don’t know - I’ve never tried hot sauce

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I can’t have hot sauce

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I do like them as long as they have flavor and aren't just hot for the sake of being hot. I do like the Tabasco smoke chipolte and their green one. I use the green on chili. Right now these below are my favorites

1692278829763.png1692278965295.png

I like a few drops on a few foods.

My DH, just about everything but ice cream and cereal gets drowned in hot sauce. AND …. Not just any hot sauce. For potatoes, one type, eggs, another type, pizza , etc. We have a carrier with 8 bottles on the table at all times. And he has more that doesn’t fit.

It’s okay, about the only thing I might use it on is ramen and I don’t eat that very often. DH loves the stuff though and uses a lot of it. He likes having his mouth on fire and his bald head sweating😁

I like a little bit of it on certain things but not a ton...I want to taste the food...not just have everything taste like "hot"...I like spice more than heat if that makes sense

I voted I hate it.

I am a supertaster so for me, if a dish has black pepper, it’s almost too spicy for me.

When we order food, sometimes I’ll ask for a taste of my husbands spicy whatever he’s order and it always burns my mouth so bad. Why do I do it? I have no idea LOL

I like a little bit of it on certain things but not a ton...I want to taste the food...not just have everything taste like "hot"...I like spice more than heat if that makes sense
Yes, I love flavor from spices, but hate having my mouth burned off. Cayenne is about as hot as I like to go, any hotter and it's all burn no taste.

I voted I hate it.

I am a supertaster so for me, if a dish has black pepper, it’s almost too spicy for me.

When we order food, sometimes I’ll ask for a taste of my husbands spicy whatever he’s order and it always burns my mouth so bad. Why do I do it? I have no idea LOL
Actually, supertasters can enjoy foods that are bitter or spicy ...it's a very individual thing. Bitterness(PTC) is a key identifier, many people don't or can't pick up high bitterness in foods while a supertaster can. So, it's more that you have a sensitivity with taste, than whether you enjoy it or not. But if it's too much for you, then you definitely lean towards supertaster.

I generally like it, but only certain kinds. I love a good Buffalo sauce! Also, Valentina is my go-to for Mexican style stuff. I have a high heat tolerance, but it doesn't have to be too hot. I might like a really spicy one for a pot of chili, but use it sparingly. I do l ike a nice kick in my food though!

I love it, and normally the hotter the better up to a point (some of the hotter Dave's Insanity Sauces and the like get a little carried away if not used sparingly). I once burned my eyes because I had the pepper oil on my fingers and didn't realize it, later rubbed my eyes...ouch!

• Wow
Reactions: GAN
Love it! I have probably 50 different hot sauces in my pantry. My baseline is habanero and scotch bonnet. I have to get up to Trinidad scorpions and Carolina reapers for a sauce to be considered "hot" for me. They have to have good flavor though. I stay away from the capsaicin extract sauces like Da Bomb. Those are just meant to hurt, not add anything to the food. But I'll tolerate a lot of heat for good flavor!

• Wow
Reactions: GAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter