slo’s Thursday 8/11 poll - Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie - Do you like it and from where? (M.C.)

• I like it

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • I’ll eat it, but would never choose it

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • I like my own (homemade)

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I like someone else’s (homemade) (please post who)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • I like it at a restaurant

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I like it from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store (please post what brand)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • I don’t eat this - I’m a vegetarian

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never had chicken pot pie

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Have always loved pot pies. I wish they made just veggie ones - when I pop one in for my family, I always stare at it longingly.
I suppose I could make one from scratch, but pot pie has always been a quick meal for us, so I never think of it when I have the time..
1660237710570.png Amy's makes one, but I haven't bought it yet, so I can't say for sure that it's good. (I've had other Amy's stuff I liked, though, so I'd say to take the chance if you can find them.)

I like it and buy Mrs. Budd’s refrigerated ones occasionally. One restaurant near where I grew up (Ponzio’s, for anyone familiar with South Jersey) featured them one night per week for many years. I don’t know if they still do.

I love the good ole banquet pot pies with a scoop of cottage cheese on top. I also make the Biquick one for a quick meal. I tried the Costco one around thanksgiving and thought it was horrible and pricey. I make Creamed chicken and put veggies in it, so I think that is kinda pot pie-ish too.

I like it. I buy the Marie Callendar pies when they are on sale, sometimes chicken and sometimes turkey. I confess I like to add a little frozen corn to the MC pies. I also get it in restaurants, especially during cool weather.

I have never tried making it at home.

I used to get the 10-for-a-dollar ones when I was single. Our local grocery store makes one that serves two and they sell for $6.99. Pretty hard to beat! We had one Tuesday.

Frozen (Marie Callender’s)

I used to get it at her restaurant too. When I am in Florida - I get it at Cheddars Scratch Kitchen - in Vegas at Claim Jumper. Mine never taste good.

I like them. Usually get it from a takeout food shop nearby during colder weather. It is large enough for DH & I to share. Also gotten them occasionally at a local diner.Tried the frozen ones but didn't care for them.

I love chicken pot pie, especially the Marie Callendar ones with the very flaky crusts. Unfortunately all pot pies are way too salty, so I can't eat them anymore. :sad1: They are too much work to make homemade. If there is a low sodium, store bought one, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. :love:

If not for the insane amount of calories and fat, I would eat a pot pie once a week. This is my ultimate comfort food. I probably make one once or twice a year. I have ordered it in restaurants on occasion but I never buy the frozen ones as they have twice the fat that mine already have. I have to say making a pot pie with a puff pastry top crust is the best thing on earth!

I love chicken pot pie. I'll eat it frozen, from Sam's Club, homemade, whatever. My sister makes the BEST, with homemade cream gravy and puff pastry for the top crust. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

We are fans here! I agree, frozen Marie Calendar ones make great easy dinner night meals. We don't have it often but maybe 3-4 times per year.

I've also made them and that goes over well too. And its not hard, but not as easy as MC - Ha Ha. After reading this thread I got my recipe out and may add it to my shopping list this week.

And lastly, we still have Lee's Chicken where I live (I have no idea how big of a chain it is, we have KFC also) and I love their pot pies!

I used to get the 10-for-a-dollar ones when I was single. Our local grocery store makes one that serves two and they sell for $6.99. Pretty hard to beat! We had one Tuesday.
:eek: 10 for a $1?!? How long ago was this? What were they like? I can't imagine getting anything, of any quality for a dime.

I love it! Usually Marie Callendar's frozen, but I've had a few restaurant ones I enjoy as well. Too much trouble for me to cook from scratch when I really like the frozen ones.

I like it. It's more of a winter/fall dish. But I like my own. My husband, who doesn't really care for chicken, likes it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter