slo’s THURSDAY 5/23 poll - Museums 🏛️

Museums - Do you like going to them and When was the last time you visited one? (m.c.)

• I love museums

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I like museums

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • I somewhat like museums

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I don’t like museums

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t know - I’ve never been to a museum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I visited a museum this year

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • I visited a museum last year (2023)

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I visited a museum a few years ago (2020 - 2022)

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • I visited a museum 5 years ago or longer

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Today my DD20 and I are visiting The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. We love this place! I’ve been going my whole life, and we’ve taken our girls on a regular basis for their whole lives. So I’m wondering today……

Do you enjoy going to museums?
When was the last time you visited a museum?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I love going to museums, and I’m one of those people that likes to take their time and read as much as I can - I always get my money’s worth - LOL! We’re lucky to live so close to Chicago, where we can go to The Museum of Science and Industry, The Field Museum, The Art Museum, The Shedd Aquarium, The Planetarium and other smaller museums whenever we want. My kids don’t know a life without museums. The last time we visited a museum was in 2019, before COVID, and it was The MSI.

IMG_1712.jpeg

I like them, the last time I went to one was the Titanic thing in Branson (if that qualifies). Also, we went to the crime museum in Pigeon Forge. That was creepy, but very interesting. I really enjoyed those.

MSI is the best, incredible. I really love museums but way too taxing for me these days. It's been a long time since I've been there or any of our great museums. :(

Enjoy your trip with Katie.

I'm usually at a museum a few times a year. Or in the case of last year a few times in a week. I went to DC for the first time and went to a few different Smithsonian museums while I was there.
I love MSI, it's the first of the Chicago museums I ever went to and the one I enjoy the most. I haven't taken my kids there in a few years, but we have been to the Field since COVID. That may be a long day trip for us this summer.

We like to visit museums. The last museum I went to was the Lizzardo Museum of Lapidary Art in Oak Brook, IL. We are lucky to live in the Chicago suburbs with easy access to some of the best museums in the country. We had memberships to several of them in the past. We will often go to smaller museums while on vacation.

I like museums and usually go a few times a year. The last museum my family went to was the Louvre on a trip to Paris.

I will say that the coolest experience was at the Museum of Science in Boston, I had tickets for a behind the scenes experience where we got to participate in the electricity show by being inside the Faraday cage.

I like some museums....it depends on what is there.
I have been to many. We go to them often on vacations out of the country.
I used to go more when the kids were little.

I love museums! A couple of favorites are the National WWII Museum in New Orleans and the National WWI Museum and Memorial in Kansas City. However, there are so many awesome museums around the country. Oh! And in Atlanta, I absolutely loved visiting the Swan House at the Atlanta History Center.

I like them. I went a lot when my kids were younger, but my youngest is not a museum person. Hopefully when DH and I are traveling with just the two of us.

I spent a few decades with a man who felt it a badge of honor that he’d never been to the Guggenheim or Frick Museums but enjoyed any museum I’d pick to visit in any other city. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Haven’t been to a museum since DGD left but I’m working on it.

Walking around museums is harder now, so I don’t go as much. I last went to the Benjamin Franklin Museum in Philadelphia to see the Disney exhibit last year.

I work at DOE and my office is right across the street from the Smithsonian Castle. That said, I seldom visit the museums on the mall. You never visit stuff that is local.
That’s a bit sad but I get it; haven’t climbed up the steps of the Statue of Liberty since elementary school.👍🏾

I love museums!! DS and I went all the time in Boston when he was little - MOS, MFA, Children's Museum... and to smaller ones outside of the city as well. I went to a couple of museums in London back in college, and we all loved the Smithsonian Museums when we went to DC several years ago.

The last time I went to a museum was 2023 - either to the MFA in Boston for the Hokusai special exhibit, or to a smaller venue for a Lego exhibit called Art of the Brick. (I don't remember which was earlier.)

I really liked The Museum of Science and Industry last time I was in Chicago. The biggest two in my area are the Henry Ford, which has a combination of history and industry, and the Detroit Institute of Arts.

I really enjoy museums. As I've gotten older, I find I can't do a whole day in one museum. The strolling, start-and-stop pace is hard on my knee and back. We usually do a few hours in one museum, take a break for a few hours, and then hit another museum when we are in DC, or do monument mornings and museum afternoons. I also discovered that I love art museums, which is really surprising to me as I am a "math and science" type person!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter