Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 1940s or earlier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I left high school before I was a Senior in high school

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Left secondary school in 2010, if I was American I probably would have left high school in 2012. We finish secondary school at age 16 here.

When were you a Senior in high school?
Please post what year after you vote

For Me…..1989 to be exact.
There are many things in my life that seem like yesterday, but not this, it does feel like it’s been 33 years ago.

*Inspiration for today’s poll is that it’s my DD18’s Senior Night before her softball game tonight. I’m starting to feel very emotional - these high school years have gone by way to fast. One minute she was a freshman stressing about making the team (her high school is for 3 towns, a zillion kids and you have to be the best of the best to make these teams) to now being a 4 year varsity athlete to be honored tonight as 1 of 7 seniors (the majority of our starting lineup is graduating). I keep telling myself not to cry tonight, but since I had tears on other Senior Nights for past seniors, now that it’s my kid, I think the tears are inevitable.
We are awesome we are fine, we're the class of 89!!!!:love::cool1:

Class of 1990 here -- also with a 2022 senior. (She's *done.* Nothing left except senior breakfast/grad practice tomorrow. Graduation is Sunday.)

Class of 1976. Our Senior Class trip was to Disney World/Orlando. A 40+year traditon that was interrupted by Covid in 2020& 2021. Will have to find out if they went back this year.
Our School colors were Blue and Silver. At Graduation back then all Honor Society students wore silver gowns, for the rest boys wore blue & girls wore white. But since we were the "Bicentennial "Class the Honor students got stuck in Red gowns.My B average saved me from the Red gown.

1990, 100th graduating class of the high school. That meant we had a whole bunch of old folk up there from nearly 100 years ago giving speeches.

900+ kids. Usually in the football field, it was suppose to thunderstorm all day so they scheduled and set up the gym. Ended up in the 90's and sunny, absolutely beautiful out and we were 900 kids with 1800 parents packed sweltering in the gym listening to 90 year old folks drone on for hours.

Graduated in '72.......celebrating my 50th reunion this summer. :thumbsup2
How fun - something to look forward to this summer.
DH and I were both 1987. Our girls are graduating/graduated from his high school in the classes of 2019, 2022 and 2025.
Congratulations to your DD!

My daughter is graduating after 4 years of University next Thursday. She will be a registered nurse after she takes the government test. Than no more school for anyone in the house after that.
Class of 1992!

Daughter will be the class of 2026. I was laughing with her the other day as her 8th grade graduation and festivities are such a big deal compared to mine in the 80’s. (Granted, this is a catholic K-8 school, so it’s a little more hyped up because it’s a bigger change than your average public school.) I told her what my mom told me when she asked if she was getting a big graduation present for finishing middle school. No, this is expected. I’ll take you for ice cream. 😂 (although I am getting her the new Harry Styles CD, I’m not totally heartless)
Congratulations to your DD on her 8th grade graduation!
Class of 1985! Good luck with the festivities tonight @slo ! All the best to your daughter on this exciting day for her.
Thank you - it was an awesome night!
Class of 1990 here -- also with a 2022 senior. (She's *done.* Nothing left except senior breakfast/grad practice tomorrow. Graduation is Sunday.)

1983!!! It seems like a hundred years ago - only needed 1/2 credit my senior year so I only went half days and worked - wished I could have taken Summer course and been done previous year.

You cry all you want ! What a great job you did and what an awesome person your DD is !! It always amazes me how fast time flies by - it seems like we just get them in school and next thing you know they are off to college in a blink of an eye !

Enjoy the next few days - they will be previous ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you my friend - I always appreciate your kind words and friendship

I graduated in 1990. I find it hard to believe it was over 30 years ago. I wouldn't say I had a great senior year. The school part was easy enough, I didn't put any effort into it and still made good grades. I was spending too much time stressing about stupid boyfriend to just relax and have fun. If I had it to do over, I would definitely do things differently.

I guess it still felt like the 80's because graduation was only a few months into the new decade. I had a great time in the 1990's, but I find it to lack the "coolness" factor the 1980's had.

1974. I lived in a "Boston-bedroom" community. There were 1000 kids in my class! I didn't know many of them, except by name, and hung out with kids in a nearby city. Never went to class reunions, until the 40th. I went on a whim, and now I know some of my classmates far better than I did when we were in school together. I don't live in the area where I grew up anymore, but I find there is some kind of comfort being in contact with those who share the same roots that I have. Weird, huh?

When were you a Senior in high school?
Please post what year after you vote

I keep telling myself not to cry tonight, but since I had tears on other Senior Nights for past seniors, now that it’s my kid, I think the tears are inevitable.

I was teary eyed at the senior nights in swimming when my DD was a freshman through junior. I was sure I was going to be a mess on my DD’s senior night. She was a 4-year varsity swimmer and the best on the team but her coaches were big jerks and made her life miserable. Swimmers are allowed to swim 4 events and she was always placed in 2 individuals and 2 relays. On her senior night the #%*^%# coach put her in 3 relays and 1 individual which was intentionally disrespectful. And then, they didn’t even put her in her best stroke for the individual swim. She went to high school state in her 100 back ( only 24 girls in the whole state make it) and they put her in the 200 free. Their petty little games with my daughter made me so freaking mad there were no tears for me … only for her who knew she had been messed with by them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter