slo’s Sunday 8/14 poll - Ice Cream Cake

Ice Cream Cake - Do you like it and do you like it with or without actual cake inside? (M.C.)

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 42 39.3%
  • I like it 👍🏻

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t like it 👎🏻

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I like with actual cake

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • I like it with just ice cream

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I like it both ways

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • I can’t eat ice cream cake

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I’ve never had ice cream cake

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
I like it. Don’t think we’ve had one since my youngest turned 10 or 11. She’s 29 now.

We never serve ice cream with cake though. My ex “in-laws” did and it seemed strange to me, even though I knew it was fairly not l thing to have cake AND ice cream for birthdays. Just seems like it should be an OR type thing. They also got ice cream in blocks (square package) and cut slices instead of scoops.

It’s ok. I would rather have a really decadent cake with a scoop of ice cream on the side.

As a kid, I loved Baskin and Robbins all ice cream no cake, birthday cakes! Way back in 2016, a friend from church surprised me with a homemade ice cream cake made out of ice cream sandwiches and mint cookies and cream ice cream with a little drizzle of Hershey syrup. Wow was that ever tasty! 🍨:cake:

Great thread, Slo. I hope all of you are enjoying some summertime treats :)

We like it. DS always wanted a Carvel birthday cake when he was young. A few times we had Friendly’s, which is the same, all ice cream with just a layer of “crunchies” in the middle. Never had one with cake, never had the other brands mentioned (no DQ here, BR and Cold Stone are few and far between). Also really like the Friendly’s Wattamelon Roll. :)

Carvel Ice Cream cake commercials were so awful. Cookie Puss, Hug Me the Bear, and of course Fudgy the Whale.
How could I forget? They also had Wicky the Witch for Halloween (same shape as Fudgy). LOL, I can still hear Tom Carvel’s voice: “We don’t use air pumps!”

I like an ice cream cake if it's actual cake and not those crunchies that Carvel uses. That is not cake.

I like ice cream pie better than ice cream cake, but I do like ice cream cake. I prefer it to be just ice cream. I don't care for the frozen cake.

I love it either way but have not had in a while since working from home. My family has food allergies so can’t have it the only time I got to enjoy it was birthdays in the office.

We have them occasionally. My granddaughter worked at Bruster’s for a couple years & now a grandson is an Assistant mgr there so they have gotten a few there with their discount over the years for special occasion.

Don't even remember the last time I had an ice cream cake. Just too expensive for what it is. Looks like the 6" cake is $29 now. A store bought 7" cake is $11 and Dreyers Ice Cream is on sale for $3 a carton this week, a better deal.

:bday: :cake: to your DD, slo.....piglet1805. Hope you had a good time at the fair yesterday.

I am indifferent to ice cream cake.
I don't eat it......not on my food list.
But it is DS's favorite and he has one every year for his birthday. This year it was an Oreo Blizzard one from Dairy Queen.
DD has a gelato cake every year or two from Frost. She had one this year. This year she had stracciatella and chocolate. The layer of cake is very thin. This year we asked them to leave it out because she can't have wheat......so she couldn't have any of her brother's cake this year either

A very Happy Birthday Katie !!!🎂😎🎈

I love ice cream cake !! Baskin Robins yum
But Don’t put ice on my regular cake - near my regular cake - I hate that - how does that make any sense ? It doesn’t but that’s how I am - I love ice cream cake but can’t stand ice cream with regular cake

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Katie (@piglet1805 ). Hoping you have a great day a year ahead, your first in college. Keep swinging that bat!!!

As for ice cream cake, I like it. I know we have had it for birthdays, I think from Baskin-Robbins. It's good.

Enjoy Katie's day, Sandy, and you also, for sure, Katie (Baby Slo)! And dad also. 🎂 :bday:

:cake:Happy Birthday to your daughter, Slo - 18 is a big deal. I don't like ice cream cake but I hope you all enjoy yours! The only time I'd ever consider it (Cold Stone or Dairy Queen) is if the birthday person was gluten-free, which does happen once in a while.

Happy birthday to your daughter!!! I hope you both have an amazing day!!! 🎉🎂💖

As a kid, I loved Baskin and Robbins all ice cream no cake, birthday cakes! Way back in 2016, a friend from church surprised me with a homemade ice cream cake made out of ice cream sandwiches and mint cookies and cream ice cream with a little drizzle of Hershey syrup. Wow was that ever tasty! 🍨:cake:

Great thread, Slo. I hope all of you are enjoying some summertime treats :)

Happy Birthday @piglet1805 🎈. DQ ice cream cake is also my daughter’s birthday cake every year. We all like it.

I love ice cream cake anyway it’s made 😋
Happy birthday to your daughter 🎂

Love ice cream cake!

View attachment 693826
Happy Birthday @piglet1805!

Thank you to everyone that wished my sweet girl a happy birthday ❤️
@piglet1805 had a great day yesterday and her Cold Stone ice cream cake was pretty darn good :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!