slo’s MONDAY poll - Windex With Vinegar

Windex With Vinegar - What’s your opinion on this?

• I love it

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I like it

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I sorta like

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don’t like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no need for it

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • It’s to expensive for me

• I make my own glass cleaner with vinegar - please post your recipe

• I had no idea this existed - I want to try

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I had no idea this existed - I don’t want to try

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Have you ever bought and used Windex with vinegar?
If yes…..what’s your thoughts on this product?

For Me…..I just bought this for the first time on Thursday, per my mom’s recommendation, and this stuff is THE BEST! When it comes to cleaning glass, I consider myself a pro after 25 years of custom picture framing, but for some reason I could not clean the glass on my storm doors without streaks - very frustrating. So I bought this Windex with vinegar and waa-laa…no streaks. Now, this product is more expensive, but it‘s worth it for problem glass locations. For my mirrors and picture frame glass I will continue to use Sparkle.

I haven't used it but after what you said I just might have to try it. My DH does most our windows but once in awhile leaves streaks.

Vinegar and water in a squirt bottle for me.

Cleans counters, microwave, bathroom fixtures and mirrors. Been doing it for years.

No recipe.

Just a few ounces in a bottle and fill with water. I'll add Dawn detergent for the shower and tubs

I use a mixture at our church of 1 cup vinegar, 2 cups water, 5 drops of dawn detergent. This was recommended to clean church pews during the pandemic.

Never heard of it. But I don't particularly like the smell of vinegar, and I don't have a problem with the stuff I buy now, so I doubt I'd spend more for it.

I make my own. I think the "recipe" is one that was posted here on the DIS years ago.

1 cup of water with 1/4 cup vinegar and 2-3 drops of Dawn dish soap

I had no idea it existed. I think I usually do okay with regular windex, so it would depend on how much more expensive it is, but I'm interested. (Might also try @Meriweather's DIY recipe.)

I voted “Sort of like it”. I’ve bought it occasionally but I’m not convinced it does any better a job than the regular blue kind. I’m a fanatic for keeping the ceramic top of my stove clean and always finish off with Windex after scrubbing it. Both kinds do an adequate job there, as they do on mirrors. Neither are great on stainless steel - I find scrubbing with dish soap and water and then polishing with a specific stainless steel cleaner is the only way to do that right.

I don’t buy window cleaner anymore. We found NorWex window clothes. They come in a pair and all you have to do is wet the cleaning cloth and then dry with the other. No streaks and they clean better than anything else out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter