• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 6/3 poll - Movie Theater Popcorn

Popcorn At the Movie Theater - Do you buy it and how do you like it? (multiple choice)

• I always buy popcorn

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • I sometimes buy popcorn

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I rarely buy popcorn

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I share popcorn with who I’m with

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I do not buy popcorn - why?

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I add butter

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • I add butter extra butter

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I add salt

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • I eat it plain

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters
We get on occasion but rarely. We usually go out to ear before or after the movie so we don’t bother with popcorn. If we do it has butter and often shared if with family.

I don't eat popcorn at all, and I actually prefer not to eat/drink while watching a movie in a theater. Also, a movie in a theater is rare for me.

Depends on the time of day if we order it. Pre-Covid we would go to the 1st show on a weekend which was usually around 10:30 -11:00AM. We would get the small ( which is more like medium /large 15+ years ago!) with some butter. If the show was later usually not . We just saw our first Post Pandemic movie ( Downton Abbey)a week ago but it was after lunch so no popcorn.

We have the Regal Unlimited pass & go to the movies almost every week. It’s one of our favorite pastimes. Now that we’re retired/ semi retired, we try to go on Monday afternoons. It’s very rare that we don’t get popcorn. We each get our own popcorn, usually a small. I voted Other because: DH is lots of salt, no butter. I get lots of butter, layered so it lasts thru the whole bag & a little salt. We usually share a large soda.

We’re still careful about covid, but going on a weekday afternoon is great. We pick our favorite seats & there’s usually less than 20 other people in the theater with no one near us. We go early afternoon & popcorn is our lunch. Our unlimited pass is $21 a month each. We would pay $22 each to see 2 matinees at the senior rate, so movies #3 & 4 are free. Regal also gives rewards points for purchases, so most weeks we use them & get 1 popcorn free. And they often give bonus points the first few days a movie is out too. Its really not a bad deal.

I don't get popcorn at the movies. I will just grab like one handful of DH's. He always gets popcorn. It is kind of weird because if I eat more than like one handful of that stuff I get the worst pain a little below my sternum. It is seriously only the movie theater popcorn that will do it to me. For the longest time that is why I thought I hated popcorn. I can eat that bagged stuff off the shelf from the store and I am fine. I really like the cheddar flavored and whatever else they make in various brands.

Last edited:
I usually don’t get popcorn at a theater. Mostly I only did when I brought DS and/or other children. We sometimes eat popcorn at home when watching a movie, or just as a snack. I prefer the natural flavor without artificial butter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter