slo’s FRIDAY 6/3 poll - Movie Theater Popcorn

Popcorn At the Movie Theater - Do you buy it and how do you like it? (multiple choice)

• I always buy popcorn

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • I sometimes buy popcorn

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I rarely buy popcorn

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I share popcorn with who I’m with

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I do not buy popcorn - why?

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I add butter

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • I add butter extra butter

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I add salt

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • I eat it plain

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters
I only like warm home made popcorn with lots of real butter and salt. No microwave pipcorn. I use a pot and a little oil. Orville’s is the best.

Yes! Popcorn always! We saw Fantastic Beasts a couple of weeks ago, our first movie in like a year and a half. Popcorn wasn't the best but we still knocked off a large bucket between the two of us.

I haven’t been to a movie theater since 2003. I just don’t care for them. As far as popcorn goes, I don’t think I have bought popcorn at a theater since I was in high school over 40 years ago.

Rarely see a movie in the theater. The last one was Clint Eastwood in Cry Macho (I think that was the title). We always buy a large popcorn, split the butter flavored sauce, and add salt.

Our local movie theater sells the refillable buckets for $24.99 and then refills are $4.00. You can fill it anytime, you don’t have to see a movie to do so. I was so excited about it, but kind of wish I would not have bought it. They remodeled the lobby and it’s self serve now. You put the bucket under the spout, push the button and out comes the popcorn. It’s not always fresh☹️ And the worst part is they don’t even have the butter flavored sauce to put on it😠. I can’t imagine going to the movie and not having that. I don’t fill my bucket as often as I thought I would. The popcorn doesn’t taste the same either. Maybe they had to get a different brand because of Covid, and maybe different oil to pop it in.

I always get it. I'm not sure who thought up the idea of popcorn for movies, but it works for me.

I do not get the extra butter or the flavored powder. There's already too much salt on the popcorn, and the extra butter just makes the popcorn soggy.

I buy a medium and I never even finish the whole thing.

I rarely go to the movies, but if I do, it’s for the stale popcorn with the butter flavored topping (my friend worked at a movie theater in high school in the 80’s, it was butter flavored back then too). I love popcorn, I don’t share (I’ll buy the big refillable one, I used to bring solo cups for the kids and fill them up). I’ll take popcorn over chips any day (but rarely eat either). When I was pregnant with #1 I sent DH to the movie theater just to buy me popcorn.

I love popcorn and almost always get it at the movies. Yes to the butter and salt. We get a large bucket to split among my family and then get a free refill to take home. I haven’t been to the movies since before COVID, though. Happy Anniversary @slo !

Happy Anniversary, @slo! 🥂 What movie?

I do enjoy popcorn 🍿 at the movies, the only problem is the last few times the popcorn didn't like me back. Dh will always get a bag, no butter, and I will have a few handfuls. Can't go overboard. (but I always "sneak in" Milk Duds from Kroger. I am not paying $6 when I can pay $1 at Kroger.)::yes::

• Love
Reactions: slo
Well, I haven't been to the movies in over two years, but in the before times, sometimes I bought popcorn and sometimes when I did I added butter. It would depend on the theater. If I was at the one that serves meals, I got something lunch like, if not at that one - popcorn.

I rarely go to the movies nowadays. There aren't a lot of movies that I'm interested in seeing and if there is anything interesting, I would rather watch it in the comfort of my own home. When I do go to the movies, I don't buy popcorn. I usually buy the nachos or I bring my own snacks in (mostly candy/chips and a drink, probably an iced tea). The snack prices are insane at the movies and I know that's how the theater makes their money, but why buy it there when I can get the same box of candy for $1 at my local grocery store?

I voted other. I can't eat popcorn due to crohn's but our local cinema has 21 and up seating/dining/drinking and popcorn is included. I always get mine with no butter so I can bring it home, the dogs love a few pieces. I put the rest in a Ziploc bag and DH eats it. DH orders his with butter. Ours is a good deal, meals around $10 and sodas are free refills in that seating. We can eat and grab a cocktail for under $40.

We often, but not always, buy popcorn (with extra butter). It definitely tastes special at the movies.

View attachment 673767

Happy Anniversary Slo and Mr Slo ! 🥂

I am not a huge popcorn person at the movies so I share a hand full if that. I prefer chocolate at the movies.

Everyone else love it and think I’m crazy…lol

We went to the movies Wednesday night (for the first time in a long time) and I got…. caramel popcorn! But I didn’t eat any of it because I was full from dinner. I did take it home.

Normally we do get popcorn to share. I love butter on it (who doesn’t?) but usually get it plain. DS always has to get butter, though.

Happy Anniversary! What are you seeing? We saw Top Gun and really enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary !!!! I'm not a huge popcorn fan however I live in a house full of them and they always get popcorn at the movies and it's also always in the house. Every Disney trip has multiple refillable popcorn buckets as well.

A very Happy Anniversary to you both ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I like popcorn but it does not like me so I don’t eat it very often - I have not been to the movies in decades - I hope you have a great time !!!

Happy Anniversary

I usually buy popcorn. I think I’ve only gone to the movies once since covid and I didn’t buy it then. My son used to work in a movie theater and when I would go with him I’d get in for free and I think it was half price on popcorn. I always get butter on it.

I typically will buy the child size "popcorn meal". It has enough popcorn to satisfy my taste for it, a small candy and a small drink.

View attachment 673801

I love popcorn and almost always get it at the movies. Yes to the butter and salt. We get a large bucket to split among my family and then get a free refill to take home. I haven’t been to the movies since before COVID, though. Happy Anniversary @slo !

Happy Anniversary, @slo! 🥂 What movie?

I do enjoy popcorn 🍿 at the movies, the only problem is the last few times the popcorn didn't like me back. Dh will always get a bag, no butter, and I will have a few handfuls. Can't go overboard. (but I always "sneak in" Milk Duds from Kroger. I am not paying $6 when I can pay $1 at Kroger.)::yes::

Thank you to everyone for for the Happy Anniversary wishes (if I missed one I’m very sorry). We are seeing Top Gun Maverick tonight - I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll like it 🤞🏼

Before the pandemic, yes, with extra butter.
However, my wife worked at a major theater chain in the 1970's and was in charge of making popcorn and in those days she wouldn't eat popcorn except on Fridays. No fresh made popcorn in those days. They brought in a crew on Thursday nights to make popcorn for the entire next week, filling 30 gallon plastic trash cans until it was needed. Now, everything is made that day if not that hour in a normal theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter