slo’s FRIDAY 6/3 poll - Movie Theater Popcorn

Popcorn At the Movie Theater - Do you buy it and how do you like it? (multiple choice)

• I always buy popcorn

Votes: 49 46.7%
  • I sometimes buy popcorn

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I rarely buy popcorn

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I share popcorn with who I’m with

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I do not buy popcorn - why?

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I add butter

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • I add butter extra butter

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I add salt

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • I eat it plain

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When you see a movie in the movie theater do you buy popcorn?
If yes…what do you put on it?

For Me….I do not buy popcorn :sad2:
I actually am not allowed to eat popcorn due to my UC, but even before that I never bought it - I’m not the biggest popcorn lover unless it‘s Carmel corn.

*Inspiration for today’s poll…DH and I are doing dinner & a movie tonight for our 27th wedding anniversary today (our first time doing this since before COVID) and DH will be getting a large popcorn with extra butter on it - he loves it! I think he’s more excited about getting the popcorn tonight than he is about it being our anniversary - LOL!
C686DFD1-11AE-4880-B9B2-3CF50E3D43F9.png

Happy Anniversary Slo and Mr Slo ! 🥂

I am not a huge popcorn person at the movies so I share a hand full if that. I prefer chocolate at the movies.

Everyone else love it and think I’m crazy…lol

We went to the movies Wednesday night (for the first time in a long time) and I got…. caramel popcorn! But I didn’t eat any of it because I was full from dinner. I did take it home.

Normally we do get popcorn to share. I love butter on it (who doesn’t?) but usually get it plain. DS always has to get butter, though.

Happy Anniversary! What are you seeing? We saw Top Gun and really enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary !!!! I'm not a huge popcorn fan however I live in a house full of them and they always get popcorn at the movies and it's also always in the house. Every Disney trip has multiple refillable popcorn buckets as well.

I do ssometimes, but not usually. The theaters around don't pop it fresh - there used to be one that did though and I would make it more of a point to get it there. It's not bad or anything, I just usually don't want any.

Love popcorn at the movies. We buy the AMC refillable bucket every year. If we don't have that with us, or at a different type of theater, probably skip it. I prefer little to no butter, just salt

A very Happy Anniversary to you both ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I like popcorn but it does not like me so I don’t eat it very often - I have not been to the movies in decades - I hope you have a great time !!!

I do not buy popcorn because it makes me too thirsty, but I love to smell it in the lobby.

They have been running reports on our local news that there are popcorn supply chain issues here and people may not be able to get it at our local theaters.

Happy Anniversary

I usually buy popcorn. I think I’ve only gone to the movies once since covid and I didn’t buy it then. My son used to work in a movie theater and when I would go with him I’d get in for free and I think it was half price on popcorn. I always get butter on it.

It has been years since I was even at the drive in let alone an actual movie theater. But, when we’ve gone, we usually get some type of a snack, sometimes popcorn sometimes candy.

I always get the massive bucket of popcorn to share with the kids. No extra toppings. Because butter sauce equals Hershel squirts.

Always popcorn! I like to layer the butter but DW likes very little, so we usually meet in the middle and get whatever amount the counter worker puts on there, which satisfies neither of us. :D

Have not seen a movie in theaters for years, even before the lock-down. The movie theaters have gotten ridiculous. It costs as much to go to a movie and have a few snacks as it does to eat at WDW.

We buy the popcorn perks at our theater and then get one almost every visit.
But we haven't renewed it or been to a movie theater in over 2 years.
I add butter.
DH adds butter and then the shaker stuff, couple of kinds

Yes, we'd always get the giant one and share but the salt is too hard on me these days.

When I was s kid popcorn was normal and butter was butter, now they pour salty plastic-like goop on it and call it butter for $20. They should consider that most people who willingly eat the goop do not have the funds to blow $100 for seats at the movies. Maybe they should add bags of known brand chips so they can offer no salt/ low salt/organic made by better hands than a bunch of careless 17 year olds who ain't concerned about keeping a Michelin star. If it's cheaper and reliable people will buy more, relative profits per bag sold don't matter if people don't buy.

No popcorn for me. I can take or leave popcorn in general. In theaters I don't really eat or drink anything.

Just saw Top Gun on Tuesday and as usual my husband ordered a HUGE bowl of popcorn. Extra butter. I rarely eat it. But I think hubby finished off a couple bowls with our youngest son. Both Navy, so fun seeing the movie with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter