Slinky Dog EMH?

Joeboo25

Mouseketeer
How is the rope drop experience this week getting to SDD during EMH? Is it any better or different than a regular park day?

We're headed down in a few days and I was only able to get a FP for the last day before we leave. It's better than nothing, but I'm hoping I can shake the group out of bed early this coming Sunday and ride it on standby with minimal wait.

I would love to know this as well!
We plan on visiting HS on an EMH day as well and don’t have a FP for SDD.

How is the rope drop experience this week getting to SDD during EMH? Is it any better or different than a regular park day?

We're headed down in a few days and I was only able to get a FP for the last day before we leave. It's better than nothing, but I'm hoping I can shake the group out of bed early this coming Sunday and ride it on standby with minimal wait.

I can’t speak for this week exactly but I rope dropped for Slinky on the Friday after Thanksgiving. They had a 9 am opening (I know it’s not EMH, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what it might be like). I got to park around 8:20. Through the taps at 8:35, then herded and waited til about 8:45. I walked up the right side of the street and was held just to the side of the coffee and breakfast spot there before you’d turn right on to Sunset. Then, we were herded back to Toy Story Land. At one point, I was in front of the entire line but had a few people pass me as TSL opened (roughly 8:55) and then we were told to walk to the right underneath the umbrellas into the queue. I had zero wait to get on, it just took the time to walk through the queue. I was rolling solo but saw families pull it off easily as well. I did Saucers right after with almost no wait then did TSM twice, once with about a 15 minute wait and again with a fastpass. Long story short, the park opened at 9 and I did all three rides, including one twice in about 50 minutes.

So definitely worth it if you can rouse your group to get up and go for it.

Good info! I have this in January as well and am doing no FP+ in this park as we are doing TSL and Star Tours and we are done for the morning. Saved those for FoP in the afternoon!

Great idea!!!
I am now rethinking saving my FP too!
With EMH, if we show up at 7:15am to the gate (8am EMH opening), maybe we would be done by 10am? We have no interests in the shows or the saucers. Thinking SDD, TSM, then head to RNR, Tower and lastly Starwars. Sounds like if we only want to do those 5 things we may be out of there no later than 10am?

We showed up at 6:50 this past Sunday for EMH. We were at the front. I was surprised at the amount of people behind us. The crowd was insane. We stayed upfront while the CM’s led us to Toy Story Land. We walked on SDD and walked on Alien Saucers. By time we got off Alien Saucers the SDD line was 100 minutes. Completely nuts. TSMM was a 20 minute wait. We did everything in 30 mins, got some food from Woodys Lunchbox and left. There were too many people there at that point.

We went in the summer for the 7am opening so I am sure things won’t be the same. We went twice for rope drop.

First time we arrived at 6:20 ish, we were towards the front of the group and when they walked us to TSL we were off th ride before the 7am opening and the line said 30 min at that point so we didn’t go again. We should of but my 12 yo didn’t like it.

Then myself and my older 2 kids went a few days later. Thought we could catch the boat over but it wasn’t running at 6:15 so we walked...fast...like I just took a shower 30 min prior and I needed another since I was drenched in sweat. Anyways we were thru the turnstiles at about 6:35 and were towards the middle. Line was longer but a minimal wait at that. We were off by 7:05.

So while it is a different time that the park opens, go early, the earlier the better. Stay to the right when you get into TSL since the entrance is on that side.

We showed up at 6:50 this past Sunday for EMH. We were at the front. I was surprised at the amount of people behind us. The crowd was insane. We stayed upfront while the CM’s led us to Toy Story Land. We walked on SDD and walked on Alien Saucers. By time we got off Alien Saucers the SDD line was 100 minutes. Completely nuts. TSMM was a 20 minute wait. We did everything in 30 mins, got some food from Woodys Lunchbox and left. There were too many people there at that point.
Very helpful!

For some reason it seems the rope drop crowd for EMH days might be busier than non EMH days. Anyone have thoughts on this?

For some reason it seems the rope drop crowd for EMH days might be busier than non EMH days. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I agree with this. The crowd was massive. If we arrived at 7 am for 8 am emh we would of been in the back. We arrived at 6:50 and was in the front, but within 5 minutes there was a sea of people.
We decided to pay for the event on our next visit.

I agree with this. The crowd was massive. If we arrived at 7 am for 8 am emh we would of been in the back. We arrived at 6:50 and was in the front, but within 5 minutes there was a sea of people.
We decided to pay for the event on our next visit.
Holy cow!!!

I know, right?!

I'm wondering if I even want to do morning EMH now. I always heard the morning EMH were usually worth doing, so I convinced my family to try it once this trip. We usually don't even make it to rope drop on time. lol

With less and less (so it seems) EMH hours...I think the rope drop crowds at the morning EMH's have really grown, especially when they open at 8. If you get lucky and there is one that opens at 7 (during busier seasons) then you are golden if you get there before 7.

We did 8am EMH at Epcot on our last trip and I usually like this one because crowds are pretty much splitting to 3 different places. The other parks everyone seems to go to the same place for the big ride (7dmt, SDD, FOP). 8am EMH at Epcot gives you 3 hours in future world and then you can head over to WS and relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter