Slesingers change lawyers again.

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
Apparently the last new law firm's fees were way in excess of what either Slesinger or Jones Day anticipated..............and Slesinger claims those fees have "exceded what they can afford to pay".

I don't take that as a good sign for Disney's opposition as it doesn't help to keep juggling lawfirms..................and are they ever going to find a firm they are able or willing to "afford"?

***"..............and Slesinger claims those fees have "exceded what they can afford to pay".***

Maybe they aren't as confident about winning the billion dollar lottery as they once were.

I agree. If the billions were a certainty in their eyes I think they'd be moving forward 'fast and furious.' Can a settlement be far off?

Or perhaps Disneys lawyers are just better at bottling up a case they can't win. It has be somewhat frustrating when the other side willfully destroys documents in violation of repeated court orders, bribes and tampers with court appointed auditors and generally is able to spend millions and millions to cover-up their actions - and you're client is a aged widow.

It won't be the first case where the victory goes to the unethical party.

It won't be the first case where the victory goes to the unethical party.
Unethical is a pretty nebulous term in this arena, but I'm pretty much agreed. Like it or not that is the way the world goes round. Are you saying you wouldn't do the same if it were your business on the line?

It isn't always about the law. It is most often about how one navigates the legal system and the process. Wouldn't you agree Herr Legal Professor Scoop? I know, I know - you can't teach that in law school, it is most likely something your student have to learn on the field of battle ;).

AV, are you just making social commentary, or do you agree that things aren't looking good for the widow?

I think everyone is pretty amazed the lawsuit has even gotten this far. Disney tends to crush its opponents without mercy (ask Viacom or Peggy Lee or a Mousekeeter or...). Remember the suit is no longer about whether Disney owes the royalties - its now a quesiton of how much Disney owes. Disney's strategy all along has been to drag everything out and force the other side to give up (or wait for them to die). More recently their tactic has been to do everything possible to keep the court from taking the rights away from Disney.

Ms. Slesinger may be an aged widow, but according to news reports the family has been paid $66 million by Disney over the years since 1961, and certainly there have been many non-Disney Pooh items sold in the U.S. since 1930 which have generated a decent war chest for the family.

And, given that they claim $1 billion is due, I'd certainly expect Disney to fight like hell on this suit.

Given the statement that fees were more than either the family or the law firm anticipated, makes one wonder if the law firm was working on at least a partial contingency fee basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter