Sleeveless Dresses All Year

NEVERENOUGHWDW

<font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde
DO you wear sleeveless dresses all year?
I will for a black tie or another special occasion but beyond that just for warm weather.

I ask because all the female news anchors wear sleeveless in our area all year and it looks weird to me.

I am always cold, so no. I don't know what designers have against sleeves anyway. Not everybody loves their arms and wants to show them off. I guess that's why there are so many bolero jackets and sweaters in the dress departments.

Slightly off topic...my friend's daughter is getting married in 2 weeks, and she was telling me that it was next to impossible to find a bridal gown that wasn't strapless, even for winter weddings. The only one she was shown was a poorly made copy of Kate Middleton's dress. I guess you are out of luck if you hate your arms. They did have a couple of halters and some sleeveless, but pretty much nothing that covered the arms.

I can see it if you lived in Arizona or Florida, but here, I have summer dresses and winter dresses.

No, I usually wear three to five layers at a time. I'm always cold.

I am always hot so I always start with sleeveless and add and subtract the jacket.

I assume the news reporters are under hot lights is why they go sleeveless.

I wear them all year long but I live in Florida. I usually keep cardigans around in case the office gets cool.

I am always cold, so no. I don't know what designers have against sleeves anyway. Not everybody loves their arms and wants to show them off. I guess that's why there are so many bolero jackets and sweaters in the dress departments.

Slightly off topic...my friend's daughter is getting married in 2 weeks, and she was telling me that it was next to impossible to find a bridal gown that wasn't strapless, even for winter weddings. The only one she was shown was a poorly made copy of Kate Middleton's dress. I guess you are out of luck if you hate your arms. They did have a couple of halters and some sleeveless, but pretty much nothing that covered the arms.

I've seen brides who bought a strapless but added a bolero jacket. This is required in some churches/synogogues.

When i was looking for MOG dresses-I looked at a high end Bridal website that featured modest wedding dresses-labeled like that. I think the jewish religion has to have covered arms -most features a lace top that came off so you could be strapless at reception

I am warm all the time. So I love sleeveless. I live in the northeast and even wear short sleeves in the winter when it's wicked cold.

I've seen brides who bought a strapless but added a bolero jacket. This is required in some churches/synogogues.

This is what I did. My dress was a champagne color and it was VERY hard to find something that matched. I found it the day before we left for the wedding/honeymoon and liked it at the time, probably because I was desperate, but I am not thrilled with a lot of the photos. I didn't wear it for the ceremony, only some photos after. I wish I had been able to find something in lace.

Yes. I do live in Arizona, but it still gets chilly during the winter for a bit... I just wear something with it if I feel I need to.

I wear them as long as I can still get away with it. I am always hot so it's hardly ever a temperature decision -- usually a "do I feel stupid wearing a sleeveless dress when there is snow on the ground" decision. But I also don't break out my winter coat until it's below zero, so I know I am not the norm.

the First Lady does. but I think everyone should wear what they like, its personality

After 5 it's fine, but not in the daytime; it looks rather bizarre.

A shift dress with a jacket over it or a blouse under it is fine, but no daytime bare shoulders in the depth of winter -- doesn't really matter what the weather is.

Ours don't really do that, but I'm guessing the ones that do, do it because they're sitting in the studio and can. It's crazy hot under studio or theatre lighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter