Skyliner to HS or AK from monorail resort

BelleChick

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Poly with a 4 year old in a stroller and a 76 year old on an ECV. Has anyone avoided bus transportation to HS or AK by taking the monorail to Epcot, and then the skyliner to those parks? Since strollers wouldn’t need to be folded, and ECVs can be driven right on, I thought that might be less of a hassle?🤷🏻‍♀️ Has anyone done this? Does it take up too much time? Should we just bite the bullet and take the bus? Thank you in advance❤️

There is no skyliner access to AK. Only way to get there is bus or car. Going to HS would be a hassle and you’d need a ticket/reservation to Epcot to do it that way. Monorail drops you by the tapstyles in the front and you’d have to walk through Epcot to the International Gateway entrance in world showcase to get to the Skyliner. I’d just take the bus if it were me.

With the restrictions on park hopping, you can't really do the monorail to Epcot then Skyliner to HS, at least not as a means of getting to HS in the morning. The monorail is at the front of Epcot and the Skyliner is at the back. The only way you could make this work is if you:
- have a park hopper (or AP obviously)
- have a park reservation for Epcot
- tap into Epcot, walk through the park and out the International Gateway to the Skyliner
- and make the transfer to HS and try to enter there no earlier than 2 PM
That, to me, seems like a whole lot of hassle and also very limiting of park time just to avoid having to fold up the stroller and transfer from the ECV to a seat.

And as previous poster said, AK is not served by the Skyliner. The only Disney transportation to AK is by bus.

The last time I was there, ECVs were driven on the busses and the people were allowed to remain on them.

Strollers must be folded for safety - on ANY bus, not just Disney.

Last edited:

The last time I was there, ECVs were driven on the busses and the people were allowed to remain on them.

Strollers must be folded for safety - on ANY bus, not just Disney.
Yes, the buses have lifts and places for the ECV's to park. Plus, you get to load first and exit first. That can help you navigate a bit more easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter