Skyauction What if I can't arrive check in day?

kenzie1226

Earning My Ears
Okay say I win an auction for 7 day stay at one of the resorts like orange lake. Check in day is for Sept 28 and I don't arrive and check in till Sept 30. Has anyone ever done this? I emailed skyauction and they told me they were unsure and couldn't guarantee it. But once I won the auction I could put it in my request. I don't want to bid if I can't do that. I am unable to get there earlier because of the Talladega Winston cup race. But want to win an auction because of the savings. Any other suggestions or is this possible. Please help me we planned this trip very last minute I usually plan way ahead of time. Thanks.

Okay, I really can't remember if I checked in on the first day of my week. I know I checked out earlier. I would call the place you are bidding on. most of the timeshares that are listed are always listed. call a few. I can't see why it would be a problem. I bet you could even call on check-in day to say when you'll be in. You paid for the week.

That's what I was thinking also. I emailed skyauction back to see what they say. I told them I was paying for it but if they couldn't guarentee it I would go somewhere else to bid. I will see what happens. I am looking at shertan safari of radisson resort parkway. Thanks for the reply.

That Skyauction will not make you take the place if they can't honor your request.

I was bidding on a cruise, and we needed more than one cabin, so I asked if we could get more, and they told me I could request it, but they could not guarantee it, and if they could not get me the 2 cabins, I was not obligated to take either.

I would just make sure you get that in writing from them!

I don't see why the resort would care- they get their money if you are there for 5 or 7 days.

call and ask the resort directly - do it before you bid.

just make sure you don't overbid.

if you need the phone number - just ask

I won an auction at Silver Lake condo. I had an emergency that prevented me from arriving until the 3rd day into my reservation.

I called the condo a few days before my original arrival date. With the Ready-Set-Go auction that I had won, the reservation stated that the resort would receive notification of my reservation less than a week before my arrival.

Silver Lake said there is no problem with checking in late, as long as we still checked out by the original check out date. They put a note on my record and had no problems when we did arrive.

Good luck!

If you are considering Radisson Resort Parkway, checkout the mousesaver.com rates. They are competitive with what rates SkyAuction is offering. Plus, you dont have to worry about the auction. I think SkyAuction is a better deal for weekly stays, as some of the nightly stays seem to be the same amounts you can find in other places. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!