Sky Ranch Lodge - Sedona...anyone been?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
We may do a road trip from Chicago the first week of June..meeting DD who will be heading from San Franciso. Never been to AZ but DS dream to see Monument Valley, GCNP if we can. Not into expensive stuff, we like to just explore and see what winging it brings us. I was able to reserve a room for under $600 (pre-tax) for 7 nights..which would make this trip happening a huge possibility. Any info , opinions, suggestions, good and bad welcome. DS also loves aircraft of any kind so , yeah, this lodge looks to be quite the find for us.

Thanks!!

It has been several years, but yes, I have stayed there. The place was very nice. It is up on a hill, near the airport, so the views of Sedona and the red rocks, especially at sunset are amazing.

Other than driving up and down the hill, it is centrally located to Sedona for shopping, eating and tours.

P3180072.jpg

If you go that way, you might as well pass through Moab.

I don't know of anything in the world I'd rather return to see more than Delicate Arch.

800px-USA_Arches_NP_Delicate_Arch%281%29.jpg

Thank you...I read some fairly negative reviews on the interior of the rooms so while the price is awesome, would like to know a trip won't be ruined by staying here.
Photos are awesome, thank you guys!

My husband and daughter stayed there for one night. The views are excellent, and they said it was a basic hotel room, but we're not horrified by it. They would stay there again.

Do you have to stay in Sedona? Flagstaff is 30 minutes north and has a lot more options that are not as pricey as Sedona. If i stay in Sedona it is usually at the Matterhorn inn. Its right on the main drag and the rooms are fairly basic but the staff is friendly and it’s clean. Plus it’s usually the cheapest thing going in the area plus your downtown

Do you have to stay in Sedona? Flagstaff is 30 minutes north and has a lot more options that are not as pricey as Sedona. If i stay in Sedona it is usually at the Matterhorn inn. Its right on the main drag and the rooms are fairly basic but the staff is friendly and it’s clean. Plus it’s usually the cheapest thing going in the area plus your downtown

No, Sedona isn't a must. Matter of fact we may alter and head to Page instead. The must -see is Monument Valley, and there are SO many amazing sights in both Utah and AZ that going from there is so hard to decide. We are throwing this together a bit too late to have optimum hotel choices, but we have been lucky so far to find things in budget. We are most likely meeting up w/our DD who will be traveling from San Francisco. If she flies, she uses SW which is only into PHX, so Sedona was our base of sorts. Now however, DS and DD both hope to hit Estes park for a few days as well, so now she may fly into Denver and we will head down and over from there, and probably drive her back to SF...THEN we have the looooooooong ride back to Chicago...we are ALL over the map with this so far. One big plus of Flagstaff is NAU...DS is really interested in transfering there in a year..would be nice to see the campus but not a lot of spare time so far.

Flagstaff has a lot of neat things to do. I would hit walnut canyon state park. Its very neat. You actually get to hike down into the old Indian ruins. If you do stay in flagstaff make sure to get a hotel away from the railroad tracks. We usually stay at the Drury inn and suites or the courtyard Marriott. Both are close to campus. Downtown has a lot of little shops and restaurants and you can drive along old route 66. If you venture east at night you can go to the town of Williams about 30 minutes away and this is where they took a lot of the inspiration for Cars and the whole neon nighttime look. Also during the day you can catch a train that goes up to the Grand Canyon and back. It gives you about 3 hours or so in the canyon and then brings you back to Williams.

Flagstaff has a lot of neat things to do. I would hit walnut canyon state park. Its very neat. You actually get to hike down into the old Indian ruins. If you do stay in flagstaff make sure to get a hotel away from the railroad tracks. We usually stay at the Drury inn and suites or the courtyard Marriott. Both are close to campus. Downtown has a lot of little shops and restaurants and you can drive along old route 66. If you venture east at night you can go to the town of Williams about 30 minutes away and this is where they took a lot of the inspiration for Cars and the whole neon nighttime look. Also during the day you can catch a train that goes up to the Grand Canyon and back. It gives you about 3 hours or so in the canyon and then brings you back to Williams.

We actually have 3 nights booked at the Drury as a back-up, lol-but it looks kinda close to the tracks...am I wrong?....and DH and I just watched Cars again over the weekend, how funny! Thank you for all the info..Williams sounds fun and would love to see it. With all this to do we may just put DD back on a plane for her return, we just do not have time to make the drive all the way from SF back to Chicago.

We actually have 3 nights booked at the Drury as a back-up, lol-but it looks kinda close to the tracks...am I wrong?....and DH and I just watched Cars again over the weekend, how funny! Thank you for all the info..Williams sounds fun and would love to see it. With all this to do we may just put DD back on a plane for her return, we just do not have time to make the drive all the way from SF back to Chicago.

Yes, Drury Inn is close to the tracks. However, Flagstaff has a no train whistle ordinance so train whistles shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if you go to Williams, check out Bearizona. It is a drive through wildlife park with bears.

Yes, Drury Inn is close to the tracks. However, Flagstaff has a no train whistle ordinance so train whistles shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if you go to Williams, check out Bearizona. It is a drive through wildlife park with bears.

I forgot they passed the ordinance a few years ago. I used to live downtown and slept with ear plugs in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter