Skip the line at Star Wars rise of the resistance - Backstage Magic?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Do you get to skip the line or get vip access to Star Wars Rise of the Resistance on the ABD California Backstage Magic Tour instead of joining a boarding group?

There aren't any ABD Backstage Magic tours going on right now and they have been canceled for the rest of the year so, nobody knows the answer to this question. However, I'd seriously doubt you would get VIP access to RoR.

Prior to COVID-19, neither Backstage Magic or any of the VIP tours included special access to ROTR. The same was true for WDW.

Who knows what may happen going forward in 2022? It's anyone's guess.

ETA: Well, apparently here's the answer for WDW VIP tours: This just changed last week!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/private-vip-tours-have-access-to-rotr.3844462/

I haven't found anything about VIP tours at Disneyland yet.

2nd ETA: Looks like Disneyland Private VIP tours now include ROTR with no boarding pass required, also!

https://*****.com/2021/07/disneylan...spider-man-adventure-without-boarding-groups/

Whether this will translate to Backstage Magic including ROTR with no boarding pass is still anyone's guess, though. But this is a good sign.

Sayhello

Last edited:
There aren't any ABD Backstage Magic tours going on right now and they have been canceled for the rest of the year so, nobody knows the answer to this question. However, I'd seriously doubt you would get VIP access to RoR.

I’m not going on the tour till 2023

I edited my post to say WDW has changed, and just last week started including ROTR in it's private VIP tours. I haven't found anything in regards to Disneyland yet, though.

Sayhello
Oh that sounds promising, but as they Disney vip tours I guess they are different to Adventure By Disney Tours so it may not be the same :(

DL VIP tours do currently have access to ROTR, but they don’t skip the line. They stand in the same line as everyone who got a boarding group. However, the Backstage Magic ABD does not do a typical VIP tour where you go on as many attractions as possible. ABD takes you on a couple of attractions “backstage” to discuss how the attraction was designed or how it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter