"Skip the drama, stay with mama, MOTHER knows best" Our Mother Daughter trip 5/2013

Howdy!! :wave2:

I'm Camille, I made my way over here when your Momma posted on my PTR! :)

She says we are sisters, so I figured I better get to know who my long lost sister is! :rotfl:

Since no one has said anything about your dining options I thought I'd take a wack at them.
:upsidedow

:cool1:WE PROUDLY PRESENT OUR DINING RESERVATIONS!!!:cool1:

05/28 Coral Reef @ Epcot
Mom is REALLY excited about this one.

The food here was really good for us. I loved the Wave for dessert, and I think I had the steak here. It's been a while (May 2007) so I couldn't say for sure. :rolleyes: I hear the food can be hit or miss, but the atmosphere can't be missed!! ::yes::

05/29 Be Our Guest @ MK
I LOVE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Haven't eatin here before, so I couldn't say. But I'm sooooo looking forward to eating there!! :goodvibes

05/30 Fantasmic Dining Package Mama Melrose @ HS
Fantasmic is seriously one of my favorite Disney shows so I am super excited about this one.

This one was also back in 2007 and I was not impressed with the pasta, at all. My husbands steak was very good and I hear the flat bread is pretty darn good too.

05/31 Cape May Cafe @ MK

06/01 Yak & Yeti @ AK

Haven't done either of these. Sorry.

06/02 Akerhaus Character Dining @ Epcot
As a side story, I was at school today and I got a text in the middle of class from my lovely mom who decided just today that dining with the princesses was going to be a must!! I cannot contain my excitement right now!!!

Loved, loved, loved this one!! I liked the food a lot and the princess interaction.

06/03 Ohana @ Poly

GO HUNGRY! You'll enjoy this meal, it's a lot of food, but a protein dieters dream. :rotfl:

*All our ressies are for Dinner except for the one at Yak & Yeti, that one is for lunch!

So as you can probably tell I am really excited about eating at all these places. However seeing as this is our first time, anyone have any advice, reviews, suggestions, or favorite restaurants they want to share?!

You'll have a great time at all of these, enjoy and expect a looooot of food. :thumbsup2

Camille, Sisters in conquering the elusive bathing suit!! Look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for your input on dining! WE have never done table service except the 50s diner once. We are excited. :cool1:

Camille, Sisters in conquering the elusive bathing suit!! Look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for your input on dining! WE have never done table service except the 50s diner once. We are excited. :cool1:

Yes!! We did conquer the suits, didn't we?!?
9de418e13826d5e468b9843220b8659b_zpsa301b868.gif

Thank you, I'm having fun planning our trip. It's almost here!! :goodvibes

No problem on the input, y'all are going to loooove the dining plan. It totally frees you up, just like you talked about. :thumbsup2 Even my husband will brag to others while on the trip about how great the dining plan is. :laughing:

Royal Room or non Royal Room??? It will be Riverview either way.........can you give me your opinions?? I can't decide if we should 'upgrade' to a Royal Room or stay as is........

Joining in...Saw the title of your PTR, and had to check it out. Our trips sort of overlap. We're arriving on June 3 for the week.

A mother/daughter trip sounds like so much fun. I'm actually taking just my kids this trip-leaving DH at home this year.

The Nemo story is great. What a wonderful memory to have!

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans! :)

A big welcome to those just joining us. It has been a busy week here and we haven't had time to do much Disney related planning. Melissa is so busy with school but she will do an update on the weekend. She is a nursing student and is busy with clinicals right now along with a heavy course load at school. I think the countdown to Disney is helping to keep her sane. Also....she had a car accident last Thursday. One of those calls you never want to get. She is fine but Mom is very traumatized and she needs to search for a new commuter car now......

Can someone walk me through putting links in a table of contents for the more important posts?.

I hope you guys are all enjoying our pre trip report so far...we are brand new to this trip report thing!!!:confused3

Guess who's ba-ack!!! I know you all missed me.;) As my mom said, school has been crazy as I have only a few weeks left before I'm done for the year. Crazy, I know! Anyways I'm here to give a little more background on the cast that isn't joining us on this magnificent trip and also a little bit of a Disney background on the stars of this trip! So....Here weeee goooooooo!!!!!!

THE OTHER GUYS

This trip is going to be wonderful and amazing, what Disney trip isn't right?However, it is also going to be a little difficult leaving some very important people behind. Seeing as this is an all girls trip, we are leaving my dad, and all 3 of my brothers behind...and the dog too! So here is a little information about each of them....

First up is my wonderful father Martin! He is pretty great. He loves Disney but not quite as much as some of us! He isn't into the big rides but LOVES Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. He's a little bit jealous of our girl trip, well more like a lot. ;)

daddy.jpg

Next up is my one and only older brother Matt, he is 2 years older than me and he is kind of a closet Disney fan. He loves the parks when we are there, but he's not too into the major rides but loves Big Thunder. He's pretty jealous too...::yes::

matt.jpg

Possibly the one who is the most jealous of this grand expedition is Aaron. He is the next one younger than me and definitely loves Disney and the parks. He loves all of the Mountains and, well basically all the rides. :thumbsup2 He keeps telling me how badly he wants to go back to Florida and its making me feel a little bad. A few years ago Aaron, my Mom and I went to Disney to watch Matt and his school band perform. It was a surprise trip and ever since then he has been my Disney sibling of the family. He's also a big goof!

aaron.jpg

Lastly is Andrew, he is the youngest of the kids and is very special. He is the reason we went on our first Disney trip as it was his Make A Wish Trip that introduced us to the wonderful world of Disney. He LOVES Disney, Playhouse Disney, Disney Originals, Disney Parks, Disney EVERYTHING. His current favorite movie is Wreck It Ralph but it changes quite frequently. He also loves every single ride at all the Parks. He is a complete daredevil!

andrew.jpg

And last but certainly not least is the beloved puppy of the family! Our 6/7/8 year old mutt! (I forget how old he is :rotfl:) His name is Kody. I'm pretty sure he secretly loves Disney...:confused3

kody.jpg

Next up...OUR DISNEY FAVORITES!!!

:cheer2:Alison's Favorites:cheer2:
Favorite Movie: Cinderella
Favorite Princess: Cinderella
Favorite Character: The Fab Five (She just can't choose one they are all soo great!!)
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom, she says this is a tough one because she loves all of them.
Favorite Song: She loves too many to list!

princess:Melissa's Favorites princess:
Favorite Movie: I love basically any Disney movie however my #1 is definitely TANGLED, No doubt about it, but The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are a close second!
Favorite Princess: Another hard one cause I LOVE every single one however I'm going to have to go with Rapunzel (big surprise I know...;)) But once again I also love Belle and Ariel....and Cinderella...and Tiana...and Aurora....and Snow White.....and Mulan....and Jasmine. I basically love all princesses...
Favorite Character: I cannot choose just one! But sticking with the classics I'm going to have to go with Mickey and Minnie.
Favorite Park: Hands down Magic Kingdom. Words cannot describe my love for that park.
Favorite Song: Once again I love them all!!! But right now it would have to be "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid...Just ask my mom, every time I hear it in the car or on ANYWHERE I just get this sudden need to literally belt it out.

Anyways that's a little bit of Disney related background info on the two of us! I'm sure my mom will be keeping you all posted with plans and everything. I will try and be part of it as much as possible! Only 63 Days!!!!:jumping1:

Great update Melissa!
Congratulations on getting to 10 posts!!:cool1::cool1:

I am glad you can post photos now because you are so much better at it than I am.

It has been a blur of a week. A little work and lots of watching volleyball and doing other kid related things have made this week fly by. In fact it is hard to believe it but on Friday, if the Almighty Disney site is working correctly:rotfl:, we can do online check in!!

I will also have our trip other than spending money paid in full this wekend!! Now that is exciting!!:thumbsup2

I am hearing that Canadians can not do onlie check in until 10 days before.......how sad tomorrow is 60 and I want to check in..........does anyone know if this is true??

I am hearing that Canadians can not do onlie check in until 10 days before.......how sad tomorrow is 60 and I want to check in..........does anyone know if this is true??

I heard that too, not sure why. I am still trying to decide if I will do the online check-in tomorrow. Either way, we only have 61 days left! I was looking at the calendar, and that is a little over 8 weeks!

I heard that too, not sure why. I am still trying to decide if I will do the online check-in tomorrow. Either way, we only have 61 days left! I was looking at the calendar, and that is a little over 8 weeks!

I know!! It is so exciting!!:cool1::cool1:

I guess I will find out about check in when tomorrow comes if there is a box to do it or not!!

Why are you thinking you might not check in early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter