Size of the queen beds? WL

emilymad

DIS Veteran
I am trying to convince by DBF to head to Disney for Marathon Weekend. (I want to try running the Family 5K) Our last trip we stayed at POP and this time I promised we would stay somewhere more "grown up". He isn't a big Disney fan if you can tell! :lmao: So, I am looking at booking the WL but the standard rooms only have two queen beds. How big are they? That is what we sleep on at home but I always feel that each bed is different. My other choice is a king room at one of the moderates. Since we are only there for a few days I thought the location of the WL would be better. And it has a nicely manly vibe from the pics! :rotfl:

Oh, one more question, am I correct in assuming this weekend books up fast? DBF wants to discuss more in August but I thought I should reserve now just in case.

Thanks!! :)

Hi,

Queen beds are a standard size everywhere: 60 inches wide by 80 inches long.

As stated Queen Mattresess are standard everywhere. The actual bed might seem larger or smaller due to the style of the bed, but the mattress will be the same.

They were just like our Queen at home. Nice plush mattress and nice bedding, you will be very happy. The Kings in the mods are also very comfortable- I would recommend Port Orleans French Quarter with a nice view of the river..

Bev

The beds have a standard size. The only noticeable difference is the plushness. The matress at your house might be softer than the ones at the hotels.

~SImon :)

A good choice for a resort..he will love it! Also the rooms have been recently renovated so that's a plus too..all new decor! :cool1:

can anyone tell me the actual size of the beds in the standard room at the Carribean Beach Resort...the room with 2 beds...I would surely appreciate your help...popcorn::

The queens are the standard size as everyone has mentioned, but if you want, WL does have king bed rooms as well. You just have to request them and provided they are not already taken.

Caribbean Beach beds used to be full size...at least when we stayed there. Smaller than a queen size. However, it was my understanding at that time that they were a longer full size. Meaming longer than the average full size bed..but not any wider. Of course, this may have changed since it's been mamy years since we've stayed there. We made the switch to WL...and haven't been able to go anywhere else since! We've stayed Poly and Beach Clulb also..still prefer the WL. They do offer king size beds at the WL if that is what you are interested in. There isn't any difference in rate..just based on availability. Simply request that when you make your reservation, it will be noted.

There aren't any King beds if you book a Standard room. Only if you have other views which are more expensive. I wanted a king too for our anniversary but can't afford the better view prices. The CM my DH talked to said they no longer offer the King in a Standard view room since they redid everything.

Thanks for all of the great information!!!

If we stay at WL the budget will only allow the standard room. Since we are only going for a few days I am not concerned about the view. Maybe we will hope for an upgrade!

I seriously thought about POFQ but I think I would prefer to be in the better location this time. Oh well, another reason to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter