Thirteenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City! *INFO COMING SOON*

Disney is reportedly cutting the Frozen short from the beginning of Coco on December 8th. This happens the day before our meet. If you want to see the Frozen short, I recommend catching the movie sometime between now and Thursday. If not, I can't wait to see this movie again with fellow Disney fans this Saturday!
I just saw that! I was actually looking forward to seeing the short but not enough to pay for two separate movie tickets :P Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they release it somewhere else.

I just saw that! I was actually looking forward to seeing the short but not enough to pay for two separate movie tickets :P Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they release it somewhere else.
I asked about that on the New Round Up thread and several posters thought either it would be released on cable eventually or perhaps even sent to Netflix or something (I guess maybe Disney's own streaming service now if that gets up and going before they release it). Aaron was sorta looking forward to it.

By teacher breaks, I just mean breaks from school. Winter, MLK, Presidents Day, Spring, Summer (July, summer school is required). My July is usually pretty open. Restaurant Week is coming up in January.
This is good information to know!

Only 16 days until our 10 day trip!!!!!
Have a great trip :) :) I've been missing Disney already :(

My husband and I get to spend a few days in NYC in 2 weeks I'm pretty excited to see NYC in Christmastime :)

Fifth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *OFFICIAL INFO BELOW*

Hi everyone. For those of us in the KC area, we are looking into meeting for the fifth time in the past several months. For those of you that did not join us for any of our previous meets, you are more than welcome to join in on this next event! If anyone has any recommendations on where we can meet or different activities in the KC area, please let me know.

Date: December 9, 2017
Address: 12075 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe, KS 66062
Time: Meet at the theater at 4:30 p.m. (Coco showing at 5 p.m.)

For those who want to meet for dinner:

Dinner location: Panera Bread @ approx. 7:30 p.m.
Address: Northridge Plaza, 15108 W. 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062

This event does not include tickets and dinner. Please be advised that the cost of the event could be around $10 per person for the movie, as well as, where we decide to go to dinner.

We have options for the movie:
5 p.m. showing or 7 p.m. showing. 5 p.m. showing has more seats for it. I'm only asking this incase people want to eat before the movie or after the movie. Let me know. :)

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Even though it means a bit later dinner I would vote for the 5pm showing. Looking at AMC online it's in a big theater which means more availability for seats since we'll be purchasing our tickets at the theater just prior to the movie showing. I don't know how busy each showing will be though.

Even though dinner would be later in the evening it would leave less time constraints for getting to know each other if we saw the movie first since we wouldn't have a movie to try to get to. Only time constraint would be how long people would want to chit chat away at dinner.

I'm good with Panera as well but if anyone has a different suggestion I'm up for that as well (just in case someone doesn't prefer Panera)--as long as it isn't seafood lol.

If we need to do dinner first and movie later I'm fine with that as well just putting my vote out there for my preference :)

Even though it means a bit later dinner I would vote for the 5pm showing. Looking at AMC online it's in a big theater which means more availability for seats since we'll be purchasing our tickets at the theater just prior to the movie showing. I don't know how busy each showing will be though.

Even though dinner would be later in the evening it would leave less time constraints for getting to know each other if we saw the movie first since we wouldn't have a movie to try to get to. Only time constraint would be how long people would want to chit chat away at dinner.

I'm good with Panera as well but if anyone has a different suggestion I'm up for that as well (just in case someone doesn't prefer Panera)--as long as it isn't seafood lol.

If we need to do dinner first and movie later I'm fine with that as well just putting my vote out there for my preference :)

Agreed! My vote is the 5pm showing for the same reasons. Panera is fine with me :) though I’m a big popcorn eater so who knows how hungry I’ll be after!

Hey guys just wanted to post that reportedly Olaf's Frozen Adventure will be shown on TV on December 14th from 7:00-7:30pm Central Time. I did try and see if it was available to record yet but doesn't look like it's updated on the guide. It's said to be shown as part of the "25 Days of Christmas" on ABC's TV Network...like I think it originally was supposed to be before they decided to put it in front of Coco. I'm hopeful that this story turns out that it's true. I picked up the news from the News Round Up thread. Here's the link for the story: http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/908275-olafs-frozen-adventure-to-debut-on-abc-december-14#/slide/1

ETA: This appears to be true. Other posters on the New Round Up thread chimed in and were able to set it to record. Looks like the description on your provider's guide may throw you off. I believe I selected the right programming as it's on 12/14 at 7:00-7:30 Central time. We have U-Verse and the description reads The Wonderful World of Disney: Holiday Special. I was looking for Olaf's Frozen Adventure before lol.

Last edited:
Just wanted to echo what AMusicLifeForMe said in the post above. It was so fun to see "the regulars" again and I know we all enjoyed getting acquainted with the new faces. I want to encourage anyone who has been lurking and considering coming to a meet, please know you are welcome. We come from all walks of life, but because we're all longtime Disney lovers it's like we've known each other for much longer. If you love Disney you'll meet old friends for the first time!:earsboy:

REQUESTING OPINIONS ON DATES FOR MEETS 6, 7, AND 8!!!

We have come up with the following potential dates for our next couple of meets in Kansas City. Please reply back to this thread with the dates that would work best with your schedule. Thank you!

6th Disboards Meet in Kansas City: *Dates will be posted in January*

- Saturday, February 3rd
- Sunday, February 4th
- Saturday, February 10th
- Sunday, February 11th

7th Disboards Meet in Kansas City: *Dates will be posted in February*

- Sunday, March 18th
- Saturday, March 24th
- Sunday, March 25th

8th Disboards Meet in Kansas City: *Dates will be posted in April*

- Saturday, May 12th
- Saturday, May 19th
- Sunday, May 20th

Dates can change due to weather, so make sure you always check back for up to date information.

Last edited:
The date for the January Meet will be coming out at some point this week.

I do want to run by an option for a May meet. For those who don't know, the Lion King is coming to Kansas City from May 9-27. I don't know when I am going to see it yet, but we could possibly schedule a Disboards Meet on a day we could go see the musical if anyone is interested.

The date for the January Meet will be coming out at some point this week.

I do want to run by an option for a May meet. For those who don't know, the Lion King is coming to Kansas City from May 9-27. I don't know when I am going to see it yet, but we could possibly schedule a Disboards Meet on a day we could go see the musical if anyone is interested.

I'm definitely interested!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!