Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor Question ...

RIFamily

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if it is possible to do both of these places in one day? Are they located across from each other (within walking distance)? I know that separate admissions are required but I was wondering if we could do Six Flags in the morning - go over to Hurricane Harbor for 3-4 hours and then go back to Six Flags after that. I would appreciate any help if you know ... :confused3

They are right next to each other. You might check and see if they have a combo ticket. Depending on when you are going, Hurricane Harbor can get quite crowded in the summer, as it often gets into the high 90's and 100's.

Yes you could do both in one day but I really don't think you could do everythig you would want to do or see in one day at both parks. They are next to each other so no problem walking from one to the other. The parking lot is even close so you could store your swimming gear and wet clothes....... BUT again I think it might be better to rethink your decision and pick only one to see/do the most.

Thanks for the information. I know it's not the most ideal situation but I can't see devoting a whole day to each. We are going to buy the front of line passes for Six Flags so I hope that helps us to get on what we need to and then we can get some time in over at Hurricane Harbor and then go back to Six Flags at night. :thanks:

We went to Magic Mountain last year about July 20th. We had been at Disney and Universal, before that day and it was really hot. We had planned to do both parks if needed just to cool off. I think your plan is a pretty good one. The entrances are next to each other. Last year I wore bathing suit shorts and a t-shirt to Magic Mountain, just to dress lighter and not worry about getting really wet. We rode the river rapids ride and got really wet. It felt great and I was dressed for it. I wore flip-flops too.

I would suggest taking any stuff you would need in Magic Mountain and use the lockers in the park. That would make it easier to go between the parks.

We didn't stay all day and the water rides helped alot so we decided not to hit the water park.

Oh a side note....the front of the line passes are only for certain rides on certain days. The list is at customer service before you buy and on the tickets or handouts they give you. My main goal was to ride Superman and the X coaster. Neither of these were a part of the front of the line thing. The line for X was 3 hours at about 11am. We didn't get to ride it.

I think we paid $17 for a set of 4 or 6 coupons for front of the line access. We bought several of these, because we are spoiled and hate to wait in line. But by any standards I think 3 hours for 1 ride is not good. I would suggest get there early before opening, go straight to the 1 or 2 must-rides you want, then get the coupons.

That's great advice. We are spoiled too and I will pay whatever I have to to get to the front of the line. I think I read that it was $15 for 4 rides so for a family of five that would be $75 extra for four rides. I was going to get two sets ($150) so that we could do eight rides of our choice without lines. But, I did not know that it doesn't work for all rides so that is GREAT advice! Thanks so much! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter