Sit-Down Dinner Help?

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Ok, my sister (25) and I (20) as going to Disney in January (around the 6th for a week or so). She wants to have a nice sitdown dinner (she actually wants to get dressed up, but my wardrop contains nothing of the sort). I guess for me, I want something that's not going to kill my pocket. She wants something different (no Applebee's-esk food, she wants something different from steak and burgers). My thing is, I dont want too different. Though I would love to try Fois Gras, I don't want to do it when I have to pay for it. ;)

What suggestings are there? Which restaurants, possibly what food you suggest to get, and how long in advance do you think we should book the reservations?

I think my sister likes the decor of the Rainforest Cafe. So if anyone has any suggests for there also, please feel free to add them! But I'm open to any restaurant.

My advice for one exotic and one semi-picky is to let the exotic choose the restaurant. I.e., it's MUCH easier for California Grill to whip you up a plain grilled steak, than for Concourse Steakhouse to find your sister some foie gras. :)

"Kill the pocketbook" is relative, especially at Disney (*wry smile*), but IMHO California Grill and Artist Point give great value in a nice atmosphere where your sis can dress up and you can be spiffed-but-not-formal, and both of you fit in. (There are a zillion others I love too, but those two come to mind right away.)

The California Grill is where I really want to eat. I always have for as long as I knew it was there.

We loved Artist Point. A little bit edgy but fine for my quite normal palate!! Moderatly expensive. We wore khakis and nice shirt/blouse. This has become a favorite for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter