Sisters are doing it for themselves...Sept/Oct 2022 trip now!! Update 01/07 The planning continues...

TanzUnited99

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

A short introduction...my name is Tenzeela or Tanz and I have previously been on these boards but not for a while. I look different from my previous Disney pics so here’s one of me on my way to my other favourite place...a shopping mall!

My previous TR can be found here:

Previous Trip Report

That was back in 2011...how time flies! I have been considering a return trip for a while and have finally taken the plunge. This will be a slightly different trip in that it will be just me, myself and I...means I can do whatever I want and there will be no one else to consider in my plans :cool1:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Fantasyland expansion since my last visit - I need to read some Trip Reports in preparation. I'm also looking forward to making all my reservations and dining plans, especially the character breakfasts/dinners!
popcorn::

One other change from my previous trip is where I will be staying. We stayed at Pop Century last time around and although I loved the resort I'm looking forward to spending my upcoming trip at Caribbean Beach Resort! It looks gorgeous and nice and relaxing, which is how I want it to be when I'm not in the parks.

Although I want to try and pack in a lot on this trip (I'm planning on visiting for 10 nights and then spending 4 nights in Miami) I also want to relax and smell the roses!

Apparently my favourite ride on my last visit was Tower of Terror! I'm looking forward to seeing if that changes on this trip as I thought it might have been Splash Mountain or Soarin'.

It's getting late in the UK so I am going to leave this here for now. Please come and say hello and I look forward to chatting with some familiar faces as well as getting to know some new ones.

Tanz x

Last edited:
Joining in! A solo trip sounds great- no worrying about making sure anyone else is happy with the plans!

10 nights in Disney followed by a trip to Miami sounds perfect!

:welcome: My sentiments exactly! I did a bit of a solo stint in Epcot on my last trip and loved it!

Thank you, I can’t wait even though I’ve got a while to go! :rotfl:

Disneyland 2019

As I have started my PTR a tad early (I’m excited to be returning to my happy place!) I thought I’d share some photos from my short stint to Disneyland for new year.

I went on a coach/ferry trip and it was very busy but soo worth it! The countdown to new year was magical and I managed to get on a couple of rides including Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - the last time I visited Disneyland was with my family when I was 16!

Looking through my photos took me down memory lane and at the same time made me even more excited for my upcoming trip. Hope you enjoy :wizard:

7DCA4F18-3D7F-4B0C-B8E4-ED572C51ECD5.jpeg

700B9244-B243-4301-91DA-28950EFC92EE.jpeg

328774FB-5207-47A8-B010-D6979BC91579.jpeg

4CC1470A-ABDD-4754-A661-F237F43CC060.jpeg

A230DD53-B0AF-41AB-B0E2-93E234A231C4.jpeg
Tanz x

Last edited:
Followed your link to your PTR!!

A solo trip sounds great!! A few times on our family trips I've taken an afternoon to explore on my own and it was nice!

We stayed at Caribbean Beach years ago and loved it! I'm interested to hear all about your trip and see all the changes at the resort! :)

Followed your link to your PTR!!

A solo trip sounds great!! A few times on our family trips I've taken an afternoon to explore on my own and it was nice!

Thank you and :welcome:

I’m excited about having a solo trip!! I, likewise had a solo afternoon in Epcot on my last trip and thoroughly enjoyed doing things at my own leisure.

We stayed at Caribbean Beach years ago and loved it! I'm interested to hear all about your trip and see all the changes at the resort! :)

I’m so happy to hear you loved Caribbean Beach on your stay! I stayed at Pop Century last trip and loved it so was slightly hesitant to book a different resort. Hopefully I’ll love it as much as you did and look forward to finding out what has changed when I finally share my trip details ;)

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend and Monday.

I’m sitting here with a glass of vino and waiting for Love Island to start so thought I’d make a quick post.

3166664D-A339-4293-BDEB-324C662810F1.jpeg

So today at work I couldn’t stop thinking about Disney World. Although my trip is a while away I kept thinking of my plans and which restaurants I wanted to visit...sad that I’ve left it this long in between trips but soo excited to be returning! :woohoo:

Anyways, I visited Primark and Uniqlo in my lunch hour because I fancied purchasing something Disney related, however didn’t like the shirts in store and the ones I did were not available in my size.

I returned to my desk slightly disheartened but then went online and purchased the following:

C00F2754-56AD-4DD0-A0AC-E330D885C817.jpeg

1237700E-A385-45BC-BA6F-E13E6141D3B4.jpeg

I love my purchases and can’t wait to pick them up/try them on! I’m sure I’ll be purchasing more than I need seen as I have a longer wait then most for my trip 🤷‍♀️

Have a lovely evening.
Tanz x

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend and Monday.

I’m sitting here with a glass of vino and waiting for Love Island to start so thought I’d make a quick post.

View attachment 406008

So today at work I couldn’t stop thinking about Disney World. Although my trip is a while away I kept thinking of my plans and which restaurants I wanted to visit...sad that I’ve left it this long in between trips but soo excited to be returning! :woohoo:

Anyways, I visited Primark and Uniqlo in my lunch hour because I fancied purchasing something Disney related, however didn’t like the shirts in store and the ones I did were not available in my size.

I returned to my desk slightly disheartened but then went online and purchased the following:

View attachment 406010

View attachment 406011

I love my purchases and can’t wait to pick them up/try them on! I’m sure I’ll be purchasing more than I need seen as I have a longer wait then most for my trip 🤷‍♀️

Have a lovely evening.
Tanz x
Nothing like some Disney shopping to make the time go by! Did you find those at Uniqlo? I have been ordering some skorts in a light dry fit fabric as the are cool and comfortable to wear and look cute paired with a tank top. I think I have a complete Disney wardrobe, lol!

Nothing like some Disney shopping to make the time go by! Did you find those at Uniqlo? I have been ordering some skorts in a light dry fit fabric as the are cool and comfortable to wear and look cute paired with a tank top. I think I have a complete Disney wardrobe, lol!

I sure did and yay, I love Disney shopping! Ooh skorts sound fun...may have to look into investing in some! :thumbsup2

Change of resort

Soo I’ve been umming and aahing about staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and maybe upgrading to a different resort. The only thing making me hesitant was the journeys to the parks, however after looking online the journeys can be similar due to the number of stops within CBR itself.

As there was not much difference in price, after having spoken to a lovely CM, I will now be staying at

DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!party:

I’m super excited!!

1BEBE8FE-9845-495A-B925-4A18962B00F1.jpeg

Tanz x

Those shirts are adorable!

AKL is gorgeous! I love visiting it and I need to stay there one day! Great choice!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I’m having to return the Mickey one and I’m slightly gutted. They didn’t have my size so I chanced it with a smaller one. I’ve subscribed to get notification if my size does become available. Otherwise I’ll keep a look out for one similar.

Thanks! I loved visiting it last time and really enjoyed my meal at Sanaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts