Sisters are doing it for themselves...Sept/Oct 2022 trip now!! Update 01/07 The planning continues...

Arrival evening - Raglan Road or D-Luxe (Paying out of pocket for this one)

Never been to either but I have heard good things.

Crystal Palace breakfast - loved this last trip and looking forward to starting this trip at MK, although that all depends on park times.

Yum! And a beautiful restaurant with great characters.

Dinner with the princesses at Akershus!

Another one I have never been to! Maybe I will go for breakfast someday.
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare - I ate here for breakfast on my last trip and I’m looking forward to dinner here and the interaction with the Tremaine sisters.

Good choice! The stepsisters are hilarious and the strawberry soup is delicious!

California Grill

Must try this one day!

Be our guest lunch

Love eating in the castle! Not a fan of the new dinner menu. The old menu had the most delicious steak. So sad it was removed.

Yum!

Never been to either but I have heard good things.

Neither have I, looking forward to trying something new and likewise I’ve heard good things about both places.

Yum! And a beautiful restaurant with great characters.

Aye, in agreement! I love the Winnie the Pooh characters and being able to get into Magic Kingdom before everyone else.

Another one I have never been to! Maybe I will go for breakfast someday.

You should, I loved it though I’m a big kid when it comes to princesses/character interaction. I was looking through my previous trip photos and loved the interaction with Tinkerbell, Rosetta, Aladdin and Jasmine.

Good choice! The stepsisters are hilarious and the strawberry soup is delicious!

I’m looking forward to this and the entertainment value of the stepsisters.

Must try this one day!

Oh yes, you must. I love being able to view the fireworks from here as well after the meal.

Love eating in the castle! Not a fan of the new dinner menu. The old menu had the most delicious steak. So sad it was removed.

I can’t wait to get to experience eating in the castle and all the reviews I’ve seen/read seem to have a similar opinion of lunch beating the dinner menu. Ah, hopefully the steak might return on the menu.

Aye, good job I’ve had my tea as otherwise I’d be salivating again :rotfl:

Morning!

Not much to report at the minute though I will be paying some of my balance on pay day tomorrow.

I’ve been watching Disney Food Blog and other videos on you tube which is helping with the countdown.

The weather has been gorgeous here for a change so I’ve been topping up my tan.

I finally watched Toy Story 4 which I enjoyed, especially the ending and Ducky and Bunny wanting to use laser eyes!! (Don’t worry, I’m not giving any spoiler alerts)

In Disney related news, I’m not sure if this will now be a solo trip as my sister may be coming with me. It all depends on her University schedule. Here’s a photo of the both of us.

99E3939B-B44C-4790-BA22-3C9FCADC02D8.jpeg

If she does tag along I’ll be calling her missy on here (my nickname for her).

I’ll still be having a bit of solo time regardless of what happens going forward.

Anyways on that note I best get ready for work. Hope everyone has a magical day! Also Happy 4th July!!

Tanz
:wizard:

Hi Tanz! I read your trip report to WDW back in 2011 and was happy to see you back on the DIS for another upcoming trip.
You're very right about the weather here right now. Last week was unbelievably hot and sunny in my part of England. Since we have only lived here about a month, people kept telling us, "This isn't normal!!" :rotfl2:

Wow, your resort choices are amazing! AKL is gorgeous, and how great you were able to go from a standard room to club level!

Morning!

Not much to report at the minute though I will be paying some of my balance on pay day tomorrow.

I’ve been watching Disney Food Blog and other videos on you tube which is helping with the countdown.

The weather has been gorgeous here for a change so I’ve been topping up my tan.

I finally watched Toy Story 4 which I enjoyed, especially the ending and Ducky and Bunny wanting to use laser eyes!! (Don’t worry, I’m not giving any spoiler alerts)

In Disney related news, I’m not sure if this will now be a solo trip as my sister may be coming with me. It all depends on her University schedule. Here’s a photo of the both of us.

View attachment 414137

If she does tag along I’ll be calling her missy on here (my nickname for her).

I’ll still be having a bit of solo time regardless of what happens going forward.

Anyways on that note I best get ready for work. Hope everyone has a magical day! Also Happy 4th July!!

Tanz
:wizard:

How fun! I would love to do a Disney trip with just me and my sister. Several of our past trips have been together with our families. We both have little kids though, so no chance of a just the two of us trip happening soon. :rotfl2: I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter how it works out.

Hi Tanz! I read your trip report to WDW back in 2011 and was happy to see you back on the DIS for another upcoming trip.
You're very right about the weather here right now. Last week was unbelievably hot and sunny in my part of England. Since we have only lived here about a month, people kept telling us, "This isn't normal!!" :rotfl2:

Wow, your resort choices are amazing! AKL is gorgeous, and how great you were able to go from a standard room to club level!

Hi Alicia! I remember you doing so and me reading your trip report at the time as well. Aaw thanks, I’ve enjoyed being active on here again.

Hahaha people are right...that was just a lucky time! :rotfl:It’s raining again now...back to normal UK weather. Which part of England have you guys moved to?

Thanks! I to and fro’d so much between resorts but I’m happy with the final choices. AKL is gorgeous...I can’t wait to stay there on my next trip.

How fun! I would love to do a Disney trip with just me and my sister. Several of our past trips have been together with our families. We both have little kids though, so no chance of a just the two of us trip happening soon. :rotfl2: I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter how it works out.

Aye, if it works out with my sister coming it should be fun! Aah you could always escape for a long weekend and not tell the kids :laughing:

Disney Dreaming
Okay, so I’ve just woke up from dreaming about Disney and wanted to share it with you guys! I don’t think I’ve dreamt about Disney before...I mean I’ve day dreamt loads of times but never actually had a proper dream about the magical place!

I actually had 2 mini dreams as woke up and went back to sleep. So, in the first dream I was at Contemporary Resort...we had been offered a room that was near a noisy location (not far from the pool) so I asked if I could be on a different floor before my sister arrived. She was making her way separately and meeting me at the resort. Our second room was much quieter but it did make me wake up thinking if we should be staying at that resort! Don’t worry...I am not making any changes as I like our resort choices at present.

I fell back asleep and my second dream was at the reception of Contemporary Resort. It was very late on our arrival day and I was asking if any of the parks were still open so we could get a bite to eat. I asked if Magic Kingdom was still open to which the CM replied ‘Magic Kingdom is closed for performance purposes’. Although it was a dream, my reaction was priceless. I was like ‘Magic Kingdom can’t close. It never closes...how am I going to see Mickey?!’

Right, this is the most surreal part. My dad, who is the least Disney bothered out of all of us, is circling the character spot in Epcot and informing me that I can meet Mickey there instead. I was hesitant for a second or two and then went on to explain to my dad that there are lots of different countries to explore in Epcot such as Morocco, China and Germany. My dad enjoys travelling and seeing new places as well as experiencing new cuisines. Anyway his response was, ‘I know, I’ve already been!’

Apparently he’d arrived before us and had time to visit a park already! I woke up at that stage but wanted to share my mini dreams with you. Anyway, it’s my day off for Saturday working so I’m going to get a little bit more sleep and you never know...I may get to experience some more Disney magic in that timeframe :wizard:

Hahaha people are right...that was just a lucky time! :rotfl:It’s raining again now...back to normal UK weather. Which part of England have you guys moved to?

Thanks! I to and fro’d so much between resorts but I’m happy with the final choices. AKL is gorgeous...I can’t wait to stay there on my next trip.

We're living around the Cambridge area; a little rain for us but it's waiting until the afternoon so I can take the kids and dog to the park in the morning.

I'm sure you are going to really enjoy both resorts. Being so close to DHS and Epcot will be great, and you're right, AKL is one of the most beautiful resorts on property.

Too funny about your mini dreams! It's definitely safe to say Disney has been on your mind a lot lately. I laughed that you were at the Contemporary in your dream, because in my opinion that resort isn't nearly as nice as the two you are actually staying at!

We're living around the Cambridge area; a little rain for us but it's waiting until the afternoon so I can take the kids and dog to the park in the morning.

I'm sure you are going to really enjoy both resorts. Being so close to DHS and Epcot will be great, and you're right, AKL is one of the most beautiful resorts on property.

Too funny about your mini dreams! It's definitely safe to say Disney has been on your mind a lot lately. I laughed that you were at the Contemporary in your dream, because in my opinion that resort isn't nearly as nice as the two you are actually staying at!

Ah that’s good about the rain waiting till the afternoon...not so fortunate in Manchester!

My brother lives in South Woodford so I visit sometimes...next time I’m down I’ll let you know and maybe we could meet up.

I think I have chosen wisely with the resort options. Like you said being close to DHS and Epcot will be good when staying at Beach Club, especially with F&W festival taking place at that time as well.

Haha yeah you can say that about Disney being on my mind! I was the same...I was thinking is this a sign but having visited all three resorts on my last trip, Contemporary Resort didn’t pull me in the way the others did. Think I’m safe on that score!

Ha! :rotfl2: I love Disney dreams, even though as my trip gets closer I usually start having bad ones, like forgetting things or not being able to ride anything. The good ones are definitely fun!

Ha! :rotfl2: I love Disney dreams, even though as my trip gets closer I usually start having bad ones, like forgetting things or not being able to ride anything. The good ones are definitely fun!

Lolol :laughing: I think this is my first Disney dream, hence the reason I captured it on here! If I had Disney dreams on my last trip I have forgotten all about them.

Eek, I hope I don’t have any bad dreams...this one was bad enough with me being told I can’t experience Magic Kingdom!

Hi guys :wave:

I am really sorry for being absent from the boards for so long but life got in the way!

I started a new job which I enjoy, have been away and catching up with friends/family...I know no excuse! I watched Frozen 2 this weekend and loved it!! I can’t wait to ride Frozen at Epcot and meet Anna and Elsa.

In Disney related news my sister is coming with me!! So this is going to be a sisters trip...can’t wait! :woohoo:

However, after discussing our resort options...there has been another change! Wait for it...insert dramatic music here haha!

So my sister wants to be at a resort that screams Disney (with it being her first trip) and the trip is partly for her graduation so we are now staying at...

In a little mermaid room! I am actually looking forward to this change of resort and using the skyliner.

We are still staying at AKL with a Savannah view but are no longer staying at beach club. The only disadvantage is being able to walk to Epcot for the F&W festival but I’m sure with the skyliner we’ll still be able to enjoy it.

I’ve been on you tube watching vlogs and I’m still keeping a look out for Disney shirts. I’m not seeing much merchandise available at the minute...if anyone has any ideas of where to look please let me know.

I’ll try and be on here more often and not be a stranger.

Love Tanz princess:

My sister and I stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms for her 21st birthday trip! The resort definitely screams Disney.

I like etsy and teepublic for Disney shirts!

My sister and I stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms for her 21st birthday trip! The resort definitely screams Disney.

I like etsy and teepublic for Disney shirts!

Haha it sure does! I’ve been watching vlogs of it and it seems like such a fun resort.

Ah cool, thanks I’ll check them out :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!