Sistah Twistah - A January Dining Review- Updated- 6/25 - COMPLETE!!!

Yeh I have the Target red card so I can get the discounted gift cards. :)

Here in the US I was able to book the dining plan with a room only to make it a package, but I had my TA do it. I've heard you can call and do it.

We just never finished all our food. And I actually really like to eat! But, I more like to graze/snack all day instead of do big meals, so it makes more sense for me to be able to just buy a small meal, then a couple hours later get a snack and so on and so forth.

But to each, their own! Different things work for different people, right?

Regardless of WL on your next trip, I'll be watching for another TR! Our trip isn't until June 2017!
Different strokes for different folks ;)
While researching room and package rates yesterday I chatted with a CM on the Live Chat thing that pops up. I asked about getting the DDP when booking room only and I mentioned I did it just this past January. Alas, she said it couldn't be done. But I haven't given up hope yet. Once I'm ready to book I'll call and hope someone can help me out :D

great reviews - thanks for posting:)
Thanks for reading!!!! :)

I'll now be taking a break from researching my next Disney trip (OMG!!!)

Yay! So exciting! (So jealous by the way)

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm such a little kid)

You definitely are not alone :D! And the restaurant does look pretty cool!

26-ghirardhelli-jpg.177408

A warm brownie with a scoop of cookie dough. Oh Lordy!

Mmmmm! I'll just eat vicariously through you as I myself was too full during my brief time at Disney Springs to stop by here.

And look at the shiny new Mickey necklace I just bought!!

So pretty and shiny! Me like!

For her entree, Shira chose the tacos:

28-la-cantina-de-san-angel-2-jpg.177419

Tacos de Pollo - $11.95
"Seasoned Chicken, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans, and Red Salsa"

Looks really really good!

For dessert we both took this miracle:

31-contempo-cafe-4-jpg.177438

31-contempo-cafe-6-jpg.177440

:love::love::love::love:

I'm literally salivating over this!

But our CM was SO friendly and as we had already chosen everything and had it on a tray, she just gave it to us! I was pretty embarrassed but was also grateful!
We could have used our snack credits on those items but she didn't even give us time to think and just said it's ok and comped us! Yay for pixie dust! :cloud9:

That is one wonderful CM

After reading many, many dining reports with both good and bad reviews and now after writing my own, I can say it's mostly a matter or expectations versus reality.
I come to Disney World knowing that I'll have fun and knowing that I'll probably enjoy the food. I also come knowing that even if I don't really enjoy the food, I'll still have fun!

YES! Exactly!

Thank you for your Dining Report! I really enjoyed it. You have a very fun writing style. Plus I can so relate!
Happy next trip planning!

Just binged your report. Sounds like you girls had a great time, and some awesome food. You need to come back end of October/beginning of November. Food & Wine festival is the best. Thanks for writing this. I enjoyed every review.

Thank you for your Dining Report! I really enjoyed it. You have a very fun writing style. Plus I can so relate!
Happy next trip planning!
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your updates!!

Just binged your report. Sounds like you girls had a great time, and some awesome food. You need to come back end of October/beginning of November. Food & Wine festival is the best. Thanks for writing this. I enjoyed every review.
Thank you! So glad to have you here :)
I was lucky enough to experience F&W in 2013 and it was great! I got there not knowing anything about it and I've been wanting to go back since! So my next trip will hopefully be at the end of October-beginning of November! :D

Whew! You go, woman! Way to update and get it done!!!

I am thrilled that you went to Tony's. It is beautiful! I have been afraid to go because of all the Olive Garden comparisons - but many say the same about Mama Melrose and I enjoyed my meal there. People have pooh-pooh'd my beloved Chefs de France as well. I'm not listening to the nay-sayers any more!

It really sinks in how enormous WDW is when you read dining reports. There are SO many restaurants that no report is ever the same. I learn so much from other people's adventures. For every 5 things I wanted to try on our last trip, I feel like I only got one - but I never felt deprived even once! (Ok - there was our Epcot day that was rained out - but even that day had fun surprises!)

Ghirardelli was on my oh-yes-please-let's list, but dessert at Raglan Road won out. I missed it when I went to San Francisco as well. The shame!!!

I am excited that you get to go back this fall. We aren't planning another trip to WDW for 5 years (got some non-Disney travel destinations coming up) - but know I will happily join in on any of your trip/dining reports!!

After we were seated I asked our server for an update on how many DDP credits we had left. To my surprise, I had miscalculated and only had 2 TS credits left for both of us! (Beware the DDP during split stays!!!)
We had already gone and made ressies to both 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon, and that was besides T-Rex! Ahem. That was an embarrassing moment in front of our server... I didn't want to just up and go but we couldn't afford to "waste" our TS credits on T-REX when 'Ohana was waiting for us!
Long story short, there on the spot I cancelled our Whispering Canyon ADR ( :sad: ) and we ended up paying OOP for T-REX.
Oh, no!!

All in all, about 50 minutes of wait time.
Is this typical of O'hana? The long wait to be seated?

Thank God our bus driver at Disney Springs felt bad for us and just sort of drove us back on our own.. without waiting for anyone else! I almost kissed him! (But I didn't. What kind of animal do you think I am??)
:laughing::lmao:

We had a churros party goin' on there!

28-la-cantina-de-san-angel-1-jpg.177418
These look like the homemade churros I make. YUUUUM!

Shira's entree:

31-contempo-cafe-5-jpg.177439
I'm a sucker for some pot roast and mash potatoes :lovestruc

THANK YOU so much for all your reviews! I had a great time reading through your report.

You write with such personality, I had fun reading your review! I laughed out loud more than once. Thanks for taking the time to share!

I promise I haven't left! Although I did just read like 4 pages of your dining report, haha! I love that you went back to Ohana... THE BEST! I want that bread pudding right now!!

All of your meals looked great, dare I say it, even T Rex and Tony's ;) Tony's may be on my list. I love shrimp pasta and that looked so good.

Wow, can't believe I haven't been here in like six weeks! Life just got in the way of my reading Disney Dining Reports! I forgot where I left off in your report, so had to read backwards from the end, lol. I always "like" updates so I know which ones I've read! Great review, DeeDee! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Maybe we'll be able to have a mini DIS meet if our trips coincide in the fall!

Thank you for this, It has really got me back in the WDW mood, now we just booked a big family holiday for Christmas 17
Yes it is a long way off, but, you know....
I really enjoyed your reviews.

I am thrilled that you went to Tony's. It is beautiful! I have been afraid to go because of all the Olive Garden comparisons - but many say the same about Mama Melrose and I enjoyed my meal there. People have pooh-pooh'd my beloved Chefs de France as well. I'm not listening to the nay-sayers any more!
Everyone has their own taste. Listen to your heart/palette and forget what everyone says!

We aren't planning another trip to WDW for 5 years (got some non-Disney travel destinations coming up)
I don't think I'll ever plan a non-Disney destination trip again! o_O

Is this typical of O'hana? The long wait to be seated?
From our double experience and from other reviews I think this might be pretty common. But maybe it's just during the later ADR times because they're backed up. For next time I'll definitely try to book something earlier.

These look like the homemade churros I make. YUUUUM!
YUM!

THANK YOU so much for all your reviews! I had a great time reading through your report.

Thanks for al the reviews! I had fun following along.

You write with such personality, I had fun reading your review! I laughed out loud more than once. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Thank you all SO MUCH for reading along! Your comments made my day! :cloud9:

I promise I haven't left! Although I did just read like 4 pages of your dining report, haha! I love that you went back to Ohana... THE BEST! I want that bread pudding right now!!

All of your meals looked great, dare I say it, even T Rex and Tony's ;) Tony's may be on my list. I love shrimp pasta and that looked so good.
OMG, the shrimp pasta was SO good! And the bread pudding :goodvibes

So bummed your reviews are finished. I really enjoyed reading them! Great job!
Thank you!!!

Wow, can't believe I haven't been here in like six weeks! Life just got in the way of my reading Disney Dining Reports! I forgot where I left off in your report, so had to read backwards from the end, lol. I always "like" updates so I know which ones I've read! Great review, DeeDee! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Maybe we'll be able to have a mini DIS meet if our trips coincide in the fall!
Thank you so much Teresa! It would be fun meeting up!!!

Thank you for this, It has really got me back in the WDW mood, now we just booked a big family holiday for Christmas 17
Yes it is a long way off, but, you know....
I really enjoyed your reviews.
It's not such a bad thing- you have lots of time to plan! :D
Sounds like fun!

Great report, thank you for doing it! :D
Thank you for reading and being here!

Dee Dee I loved your report! I've been reading it over the past couple of days and you ladies ate at so many places I've never been to! Definitely makes me hungry. I definitely want to try the Ohana bread pudding now (did you know you can order it at the Tambu lounge??) and Wolfgang Puck Express! Great work reporting. Can't wait to see what you see, do, and eat in your next adventure!!

Dee Dee I loved your report! I've been reading it over the past couple of days and you ladies ate at so many places I've never been to! Definitely makes me hungry. I definitely want to try the Ohana bread pudding now (did you know you can order it at the Tambu lounge??) and Wolfgang Puck Express! Great work reporting. Can't wait to see what you see, do, and eat in your next adventure!!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you read and enjoyed it :-)
I read on another report somewhere that they serve 'Ohana's bread pudding at the Tambu Lounge but you know what? I enjoyed the whole meal there so I'll definitely be going back! (Already have an ADR booked :rolleyes: )
And I'm shooting for the mac & cheese at Wolfgang Puck Express this time :D
(Gonna be spending so much money on food ::yes:: )

I love love LOVED all of your reviews! Sorry I wasn't very good at following along and commenting, but please know that I've been here lurking and drooling! Please do message me when you start your next one so I can follow along again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter