Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

soooooooo, any plans on any upcoming meet ups??

I think I've nailed down my solo trip for April 27-May 1 or 2 or 3. Any one planning to be down at that time? :banana::sad:

Where are y'aaaaaal????? :sad:

We (in colorado) Have really only had 2 big snowstorms this year, like enough to close things down. The east coast seems to be really getting slammed, but here, its just up and down, drives me nuts! One day its 65 and the next its below zero, no joke.

On a side note.......MY broncos are going to the Super Bowl! And we are going to win it of course.

I'm on a consulting gig with a guy from Colorado and I didn't really believe him when he told me of the temperature swings...guess I should have haha

...good thing I'm not a Patriots fan or working with him would have taken a toll this past Sunday :)

I think I've nailed down my solo trip for April 27-May 1 or 2 or 3. Any one planning to be down at that time? :banana::sad:

Waiting on ROFR, then scheduling my first trip around any vacation time I can take off at the time... Hopefully it's sooner rather than later :D

If you mean beign a glorified babysitter for 4,000+ drunk people at techno concerts then you must be a glutton for punishment. :rotfl2: It's a fun job but it has it's sucky moments.

haha! there are plenty of people who would be willing to say that "glutton for Punishment" perfectly describes me. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
WELCOME NEW BABY!​

Whatever Im sure Ive missed, I wanted to cover it all!! Miss chatting with you guys immensely. With the job, the child, my side buzz business booming, and a mortgage, I just feel like I just don't have time to come here any more. Just a quick update on me - my now 8-year old and I just came back from a week-long vacation at WDW. Aww man, it was a blast - except for getting stuck on Space Mountain AND Expedition Everest lol. I was starting to take it personally. I am now planning my annual solo fun trip. Haven't nailed down dates because Im trying to schedule them around my parties but Im hoping for end of March/beginning of April time. Still employed, still have a mortgage, didnt have any more children, and happily single. Im sure Im the only one still single by now lol. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing great and I hope I can catch up with you soon!!

Glad to see you poke your head up again. :) It's good to hear you are doing so good these days. :goodvibes

Hi there everyone!

This is my first post here, and looking to do my best to keep up/up-to-date! Looks like a great fun community here! :D

An abbreviated bit about me, from NJ, graduated from an upstate NY college in May, and am currently working for a consulting firm out west. Right now I am working in Berkeley, CA but will possibly move to a project in Seattle, or Santa Fe, NM. I'm a huge Disney fan and actually have a contract pending ROFR for some BLT points. I love family and hope to use my points to get my siblings together for a special weekend every couple of years.

:) Oh, and I'm the only single person out of my co-workers haha :cool1:

Look forward to Chatting!

Cheers!

:welcome: to the group! It's always great to see people join in the fun around here. :) As you've probably already noticed, we can be a lot of fun and are very welcoming of new people joining the group. Feel free to pull up a chair and pour yourself a drink. :drinking1

Good question. anybody want to look into starting the planning for the 2014 meets?

Oh... and in other news.... It's not yet official, but I'm expecting a job offer for a new position within the company (promotion! :cool1: ) within the next couple weeks. Cross your fingers and send some good vibes our way that everything works out and the offer/relocation package end up being enough to make this all happen. ;)
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

DCTooTall said:
Good question. anybody want to look into starting the planning for the 2014 meets?

Oh... and in other news.... It's not yet official, but I'm expecting a job offer for a new position within the company (promotion! :cool1: ) within the next couple weeks. Cross your fingers and send some good vibes our way that everything works out and the offer/relocation package end up being enough to make this all happen. ;)
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am hoping for a May trip but not sure of dates. Its all pretty fluid right now...

And good luck! I hope the promo/relocation is to warmer climates! I am soooooo over winter!

Just added a trip ticker! Spoke with my parents yesterday who were heading down to FL for a few weeks again this year. Pretty easy decision to fly down and crash with them in Ft Wilderness for a week or so for Food & Wine. So I'll be down from 10/23 to 10/31 ... may even come down a day earlier on 10/22 depending on airfare prices. I found that week to be great last year for crowds. Most of the fall breaks were over, and it hit before the marathon and closing weekend of F&W.

Really hoping they have the 3D Dessert Party again during the weekend I'm down. The Sweet Seats at the party last year was one of my all time favorite F&W events!

So I'll be down from 10/23 to 10/31 ... may even come down a day earlier on 10/22 depending on airfare prices. I found that week to be great last year for crowds. Most of the fall breaks were over, and it hit before the marathon and closing weekend of F&W.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a small contract, and hope to possibly be able to get a weekend in during F&W. Are there any particular times, like this which have relatively lighter crowds? :) This would be my first F&W if I'm able to make it :)

I'm waiting on ROFR for a small contract, and hope to possibly be able to get a weekend in during F&W. Are there any particular times, like this which have relatively lighter crowds? :) This would be my first F&W if I'm able to make it :)

If you're planning a weekend at F&W, you should try to include either a Monday or Thursday. All of the weekend crowds at the World Showcase during F&W are insane ... as many folks on this board have seen. The locals start coming in to F&W around late Friday afternoon, with Saturday being the worst. By Sunday evening the crowds will start to clear.

F&W generally has two parts/pieces ... you have the numerous food kiosks scattered around the Showcase, and then there are the events/demonstrations. During the weekdays is the best time to hit the kiosks and eat/drink around the world. There are also affordable smaller demostrations/seminars during the week. Fri/Sat/Sun usually has the higher priced ticketed events. As long as I have a ticket for one of the weekend events, I'll head over to Epcot, otherwise I'd try to stay away on the weekends.

As far as October crowds in WDW in general ... I've been heading down to Food & Wine in October for the last 8 years. Crowds used to be extremly low, with early to mid October being the best time. More and more schools are going year round now. I've noticed that mid-October now gets pretty crowded due to all the Oct fall breaks for the schools. Best crowds tend to be the 1st and last weeks of Oct.

Wow, great information. Thanks!

If you're planning a weekend at F&W, you should try to include either a Monday or Thursday. All of the weekend crowds at the World Showcase during F&W are insane ... as many folks on this board have seen. The locals start coming in to F&W around late Friday afternoon, with Saturday being the worst. By Sunday evening the crowds will start to clear.

F&W generally has two parts/pieces ... you have the numerous food kiosks scattered around the Showcase, and then there are the events/demonstrations. During the weekdays is the best time to hit the kiosks and eat/drink around the world. There are also affordable smaller demostrations/seminars during the week. Fri/Sat/Sun usually has the higher priced ticketed events. As long as I have a ticket for one of the weekend events, I'll head over to Epcot, otherwise I'd try to stay away on the weekends.

As far as October crowds in WDW in general ... I've been heading down to Food & Wine in October for the last 8 years. Crowds used to be extremly low, with early to mid October being the best time. More and more schools are going year round now. I've noticed that mid-October now gets pretty crowded due to all the Oct fall breaks for the schools. Best crowds tend to be the 1st and last weeks of Oct.

Thank you very much!! Hopefully I will be able to take some vacation time and maybe head down for some week days as you suggest. I was at the Flower and Garden Festival this past May and it was very nice, then again I was able to go during the week. I am definitely excited to try some of the kiosks if I'm able to make it. :)

The Philly area got crushed by one of the worst ice storm in its' history! Just in Philly and the burbs over 500,000+ still without power. It was 42F in my house this morning and will continue to drop over the next several days. The power company is saying they're trying to get our power back by 11 PM SUNDAY!! They said this ice disaster is only 2nd to Hurricane Sandy. Basically living at work now, getting here into the warmth as early as possbile and showering here where we have hot water. Really concerned about my pipes at home freezing.

This is the worst winter I've ever been through and we're only into early February. Philly is just getting pummeled. Snow is bad enough, but this ice storm was unreal :furious:

The Philly area got crushed by one of the worst ice storm in its' history! Just in Philly and the burbs over 500,000+ still without power. It was 42F in my house this morning and will continue to drop over the next several days. The power company is saying they're trying to get our power back by 11 PM SUNDAY!! They said this ice disaster is only 2nd to Hurricane Sandy. Basically living at work now, getting here into the warmth as early as possbile and showering here where we have hot water. Really concerned about my pipes at home freezing.

This is the worst winter I've ever been through and we're only into early February. Philly is just getting pummeled. Snow is bad enough, but this ice storm was unreal :furious:

I know it's crazy!!!Jersey hasn't been too much better although we haven't lost power (thank God!!) but the side roads are horrible everywhere. AND....we're getting more this weekend...and of course work has been crazy because of all of the power issues. being a contractor to the utility companies kinda sucks right about now...all my crews are out and working insane hours IN THE FREEZING COLD!
Sorry you have to "live" at the office, one of my co-workers just brought her dog in because she has no power either (she lives in PA too) and didn't want to leave the dog home in the cold...cute fluffy dog and quiet so this should be a fun day...

Hi! As long as it doesn't snow President's week, I want my flight to Orlando to go off without a hitch! They can snow me in on the way back though :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter