Single Rider Rides

heybets30

Mouseketeer
can someone update me on all the Single Rider rides in the parks??

My kids LOVED riding matterhorn single rider, basically non-stop, on previous visits, but has that option gone with FP?? What we used to frequent as single riders:
Splash Mountain
Matterhorn
RSR
Indy?? (I vaguely recall going in a separate line & my daughter & I split ...)

Am i missing any???

Thanks!!

Disneyland:

-Space Mountain
-Splash Mountain
-Indy
-Matterhorn

Disney California Adventure

-Grizzly River Run
-Goofy's Sky School
-Incredicoaster
- Radiator Springs Racers

I knew all the others, but how did I not know there was single rider for Space? Dang.

the single rider at Indiana Jones is hit and miss.

This is the procedure.
  1. Ask at the CM stand if they are doing Single Rider, some times they do not.
  2. If they do, you are given a paper ticket and told to go down the exit line, the same procedures as the wheelchair users.
  3. When you go down as far as the CM and show your single rider ticket, you are put into a pen area. If the pen area is full, you wait in line by the wall. The wheelchair users are put into a pen against the far wall.
  4. They take 6 people at a time from the single rider pen about every 15 minutes.
  5. If there are wheelchair users, they get priority, so party of 4 wheelchair line and 2 single riders
  6. Once selected from the single rider line you join the wheelchair line and walk along the wall to the video screen room.
  7. You wait at the video screen room for a CM to let you through and you join up with the standby line.
  8. You join the standby line and continue until you reach the stairs part.
  9. At the stairs part, show the CM your single rider ticket
  10. The CM will open the rope barrier and allow the single riders and wheelchair users through to the elevators.
  11. You go up in one elevator, come out and cross over to the other elevator to go down to the ride loading area.
  12. When you exit the elevator at the ride loading area, there is a single rider wait line. You wait here until the loading CM's need a single rider in a jeep.

Its a bit drawn out and protracted and in the end, its not that much faster than Fast Pass.
In 2017 I gave up twice trying to do single rider, after 15 minutes waiting I wasnt even at the top of the line to enter the first pen, I was still waiting against the wall in the exit corridor. In 2017 I just used Fastpass

In 2018 I stuck with single rider just to finally do it that way, and honestly I prefer Fastpass

I knew all the others, but how did I not know there was single rider for Space? Dang.
You go through the exit for single rider. If they are offering it there will be a sign with an arrow pointing here to go. They don’t offer it if the ride has been broken down.

Oh my good grief. Totally forgot about GRR - my kids did it multiple times, 3 of us 4 did single rider & got a Cm who said “thanks for being so polite, all 3 ride together.” Rarely happens on single rider!

Goofy’s I think I blocked out - i have a vague memory of doing it, but it taking longer than standby line.

Space mtn???? Seriously?!?! Never in 17 trips have seen/known about it!!!! Game Changer if single rider in play.

Is Matterhorn SR line still across from teacups?? Where you used to sort of cut in the middle of line, tell cm single rider??

Thanks!!!!

Oh my good grief. Totally forgot about GRR - my kids did it multiple times, 3 of us 4 did single rider & got a Cm who said “thanks for being so polite, all 3 ride together.” Rarely happens on single rider!

Goofy’s I think I blocked out - i have a vague memory of doing it, but it taking longer than standby line.

Space mtn???? Seriously?!?! Never in 17 trips have seen/known about it!!!! Game Changer if single rider in play.

Is Matterhorn SR line still across from teacups?? Where you used to sort of cut in the middle of line, tell cm single rider??

Thanks!!!!

Space Mountain started offering Single Rider in November 2017. Its awesome, most of the time its less than a 10min wait and if you use it before mid afternoon once people start figuring out it exists, its mostly a walk-on. Ive easily gotten 5 rides in 30mins.

Matterhorn Single rider entrance is now located in front of the chalet (queue building).

For those that have done the single rider on Space, have you gotten apprehension and/or rudeness from other guests? I am sort of weary on doing the closer coaster type SR lines ever since I had a bad experience on Screamin' (now Incredicoaster). Well I've had two of them, acutally. The first incident occured when the lady I was assigned with didn't scoot over. When I called over that I was supposed to ride with her she turned her head and acted like she couldn't hear me. I tried to get a CMs attention but they loaded and launched before I was able to. Another time a guy turned and sighed at me and said "GREAT! Now I get to sit with a random stranger." Not exactly the most comfortable ride.

For those that have done the single rider on Space, have you gotten apprehension and/or rudeness from other guests? I am sort of weary on doing the closer coaster type SR lines ever since I had a bad experience on Screamin' (now Incredicoaster). Well I've had two of them, acutally. The first incident occured when the lady I was assigned with didn't scoot over. When I called over that I was supposed to ride with her she turned her head and acted like she couldn't hear me. I tried to get a CMs attention but they loaded and launched before I was able to. Another time a guy turned and sighed at me and said "GREAT! Now I get to sit with a random stranger." Not exactly the most comfortable ride.

I haven't had a problem yet but I'm sure I will at some point. Some people are just rude no matter what. But I don't care! I just hop back in the line after I'm done and the next person is usually better. And at least it is mostly pitch black so you can snarl at them in the dark. :rotfl2:

I haven't had a problem yet but I'm sure I will at some point. Some people are just rude no matter what. But I don't care! I just hop back in the line after I'm done and the next person is usually better. And at least it is mostly pitch black so you can snarl at them in the dark. :rotfl2:
Haha that's a good point about snarling at them in the dark! And yes, some people are just jerks no matter what! I can't imagine how that must feel to be so negative all the time. Geesh.

Relatively new.

And yes, some people are just jerks no matter what! I can't imagine how that must feel to be so negative all the time.

For people not intending to use single rider, it’s jarring to be seated with one.

That’s a reason it went away at TSMM, because so many were weirded out by it.

Though explain the logic of it being taken away from that well lit ride where you’re always in sight of others, then adding it to space!!!

Be aware that right now, they are not doing single rider for the Incredicoaster at night. So if you were hoping to get on it at night, make sure you pull a fast pass :)
Good to know. I am always single rider. Thanks for the advice, especiallly since The Incredicoaster seems best at night, per online videos. I’ll make my MaxPass selections accordingly.

This is the procedure.
  2. If they do, you are given a paper ticket and told to go down the exit line, the same procedures as the wheelchair users.
  3. When you go down as far as the CM and show your single rider ticket, you are put into a pen area. If the pen area is full, you wait in line by the wall. The wheelchair users are put into a pen against the far wall.
  4. They take 6 people at a time from the single rider pen about every 15 minutes.
  5. If there are wheelchair users, they get priority, so party of 4 wheelchair line and 2 single riders
  6. Once selected from the single rider line you join the wheelchair line and walk along the wall to the video screen room.
  7. You wait at the video screen room for a CM to let you through and you join up with the standby line.
  10. The CM will open the rope barrier and allow the single riders and wheelchair users through to the elevators.
  11. You go up in one elevator, come out and cross over to the other elevator to go down to the ride loading area.
  12. When you exit the elevator at the ride loading area, there is a single rider wait line. You wait here until the loading CM's need a single rider in a jeep.

Its a bit drawn out and protracted and in the end, its not that much faster than Fast Pass.
In 2017 I gave up twice trying to do single rider, after 15 minutes waiting I wasnt even at the top of the line to enter the first pen, I was still waiting against the wall in the exit corridor. In 2017 I just used Fastpass

In 2018 I stuck with single rider just to finally do it that way, and honestly I prefer Fastpass
Indiana Jones is my LEAST favorite single rider line. When I did it, the stand by line was 50 minutes, and I spent 45 minutes in the single rider line. Not worth it..which is saying a lot because that is my favorite ride.

Be aware that right now, they are not doing single rider for the Incredicoaster at night. So if you were hoping to get on it at night, make sure you pull a fast pass :)

There was a big ol’ line Tuesday as late as 9:45 when I used my fast pass. I think it was single rider. (It was a line going up the pier ramp and everyone had little slips of paper - perhaps this was something else?) I wondered how they were going to get through. By the time I got off the ride they were gone so my assumption is they cut it off at 10 and they all got their own coaster at the end.

I’m always kind of surprised Toy Story Midway Mania doesn’t have single rider. Half of those cars go out with 3 people
in them. I guess it’s too awkward to play (and compete) with a stranger.

One thing I’d like to add: if you are a solo traveler, AND purchase MaxPass, AND show up early enough to do rope drop-

honestly, DLR can be your oyster. For me, I do it, and leave the parks between 2 and 4 pm, and come back after dark, because you can get so much done early on.

My suggestion? Sit on a bench. Watch folks enjoy the park. Take one or two things you want to accomplish, and DON’T DO THEM. Save them for the next trip. Don’t let social media tell you how you have to do everything NOW.

I determine how and when I experience DLR. Buzz off.

This is the procedure.

Wow... has it always been like that?
I did it in 2015 and can’t recall it was such a hassle... in my memory it was actually more like the California screamer queue ( wait before the elavator till the CM says to continue...so that there are always 1-5 single riders in position to board...) but I only did it twice with single rider and not 12 times back to back like the screamer so I might very well be mistaken...:confused3

But thanks for the heads up! It is always better to know that you might be facing...:thumbsup2

Wow... has it always been like that?
I did it in 2015 and can’t recall it was such a hassle... in my memory it was actually more like the California screamer queue ( wait before the elavator till the CM says to continue...so that there are always 1-5 single riders in position to board...) but I only did it twice with single rider and not 12 times back to back like the screamer so I might very well be mistaken...:confused3

But thanks for the heads up! It is always better to know that you might be facing...:thumbsup2

I go in June every year, so its peak time and high capacity and long wait times. What you are describing is the shortened version, going direct to the elevators. You would have walked through all the pens and wait areas without realising it. If you go at a less crowded time you probably wont have as much waiting around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter