Since Pop Costs Way More Than All Stars In 2018, Tell Me Why I Should Pay More

The reason we prefer POP over All Stars and pay the extra money: POP is at a better location - not as far away from everything as All Stars. Plus, only 1 bus stop. And, we prefer the food court at POP.

The dates I looked at in Feb, sports and Music were the same price, but Movies was $7 more a night. Not sure why, they were all the same room category
It is crazy how they massage the rates, a little here, a little there, and over a week long stay it really adds up. It forces all of us to have to examine each and every option for true value even though these resorts are all in the value tier.

It is crazy how they massage the rates, a little here, a little there, and over a week long stay it really adds up. It forces all of us to have to examine each and every option for true value even though these resorts are all in the value tier.
And then you get AOA. I will never consider that a value with the price tag that comes with it.

I wouldn't pay more for Pop, but we have always like the AS better (kids included). I don't like the look of the refurbished rooms at Pop, they look like a hospital room to me. People complain about bus sharing at the AS, but we have only encountered that in the middle of the day, not at opening or close, and we drive our own vehicle most of the time anyway.

We stayed at POP to save money on our last trip. After researching the Values, I chose POP for lacation, bus transportation, layout, proximity to AOA for a different food court option, location of the quiet pools, existence and location of pool bar and lower price than AOA. I also got a room discount for my dates I was able to apply after booking. I think I averaged $108 per night excluding tax.

We stayed at POP to save money on our last trip. After researching the Values, I chose POP for lacation, bus transportation, layout, proximity to AOA for a different food court option, location of the quiet pools, existence and location of pool bar and lower price than AOA. I also got a room discount for my dates I was able to apply after booking. I think I averaged $108 per night excluding tax.
Geez I wish I could get a deal for my dates. I’m stuck paying the 177/night. It’s not horrible for our short stay but a deal would still be nice.

Geez I wish I could get a deal for my dates. I’m stuck paying the 177/night. It’s not horrible for our short stay but a deal would still be nice.
It was three years ago so there's that. POP has gotten a bit crazy. I think the secret's out.

It was three years ago so there's that. POP has gotten a bit crazy. I think the secret's out.
Oh darn haha I got hopeful! Well someone is welcome to find a deal for me because I can’t find one. Everyone keeps saying how crazy I am to pay $177/night to stay there but I can’t find anything better except ASSports and I don’t want to stay there this time. We’re staying feb 27-March 4

Oh darn haha I got hopeful! Well someone is welcome to find a deal for me because I can’t find one. Everyone keeps saying how crazy I am to pay $177/night to stay there but I can’t find anything better except ASSports and I don’t want to stay there this time. We’re staying feb 27-March 4

Is it room only? Standard? For how many people? Disney has the fun filled escape offer those nights for $132/night. Cheaptickets has it for 131.50/night is you use the FALLPLAY discount code and undercover tourist had it for $126/night

JerseyJanice is heading in the right direction on the crowd situation so I'll address a few other points.

I can't speak to 2018 prices but it's never been more than $15 for this year and last. I find it to be much cleaner, dedicated bus lines with the exception of drop off from airport on DME as they stop at AoA (<5 minutes) and the ability to take the AoA bus from the park if Pop's bus bay is too busy. I always request 50's with lake view as my two room preferences so that if I do walk from AoA, it isn't long. I understand theme plays a role a most kids would rather walk out and see buzz and woody opposed to hippie peace signs but they won't know what their missing if it isn't discussed ;)

Lastly, don't take those prices to heart. A lot can change now and arrival by way of pop up sales. Cheers.

Is it room only? Standard? For how many people? Disney has the fun filled escape offer those nights for $132/night. Cheaptickets has it for 131.50/night is you use the FALLPLAY discount code and undercover tourist had it for $126/night
It is a Standard room and I have tickets and the DDP with it. We are only doing a 2-day base ticket because we also have tickets for DAH. There are 3 adults and a 9 year old. I know having the 3 adults bumps the price up a little. Since I have the package with tickets and dining, I don't know if I can switch to somewhere else. What do you think?

Can you add the dining plan if you don't book through Disney? I've seen that you can call to add dining to a room only stay.

Last edited:
It is a Standard room and I have tickets and the DDP with it. We are only doing a 2-day base ticket because we also have tickets for DAH. There are 3 adults and a 9 year old. I know having the 3 adults bumps the price up a little. Since I have the package with tickets and dining, I don't know if I can switch to somewhere else. What do you think?

Can you add the dining plan if you don't book through Disney? I've seen that you can call to add dining to a room only stay.

You can't add the DDP without a package (or so I've been told). You can call in, book a ticket less package with the ddp and then you can use the room only promo for the room portion, pay full price for your ddp and order tickets from somewhere with a discount such as undercover tourist.

Did you book the play stay and dine package though? If you did, you might want to make sure that savings on the hotel will still save you more money than whatever package discount you got.

For my vacation I booked my room through Disney with the fun filled adventure promo, my tickets through undercover tourist and skipped the ddp because when I did the cost comparison it was cheaper to just pay out of pocket for my meals I'd planned.

Last edited:
You can't add the DDP without a package (or so I've been told). You can call in, book a ticket less package with the ddp and then you can use the room only promo for the room portion, pay full price for your ddp and order tickets from somewhere with a discount such as undercover tourist.

Did you book the play stay and dine package though? If you did, you might want to make sure that savings on the hotel will still save you more money than whatever package discount you got.

For my vacation I booked my room through Disney with the fun filled adventure promo, my tickets through undercover tourist and skipped the ddp because when I did the cost comparison it was cheaper to just pay out of pocket for my meals I'd planned.
I'm really not sure what to do, honestly. We are definitely doing the DDP no matter what. We are eating at the castle and doing lots of character meals so we should easily make our money's worth with that. I specifically planned it that way because it's my niece's first trip.

I saw the $126/night through undercover tourist, but I can't get the dining plan. I'm assuming I'll just have to book through Disney and just pay the $177/night. The only night I see a room only deal through Disney is my first night.

I didn't book the play, stay, dine package because I didn't see it for my dates.

I'm really not sure what to do, honestly. We are definitely doing the DDP no matter what. We are eating at the castle and doing lots of character meals so we should easily make our money's worth with that. I specifically planned it that way because it's my niece's first trip.

I saw the $126/night through undercover tourist, but I can't get the dining plan. I'm assuming I'll just have to book through Disney and just pay the $177/night. The only night I see a room only deal through Disney is my first night.

I didn't book the play, stay, dine package because I didn't see it for my dates.
I just looked on Disney’s website and it’s showing a Gift of Magic standard room at the rate of $132. Is that not showing up for you?

I just looked on Disney’s website and it’s showing a Gift of Magic standard room at the rate of $132. Is that not showing up for you?
It shows up as $147/night. Are you doing it with 3 adults and 1 child aged 9? That might be why we are getting different prices. DH and I just spent about 2 hours going through our options and we are staying with the DDP. We priced everything out and it makes since to have the DDP with where we chose to eat. I'm thinking about doing the Gift of Magic offer with 2-day tickets and DDP because it will still save us $132.

We chose pop over AS. It was a minimal difference ($70 for the week) which seemed like a no brainer

I don't like the look of the refurbished rooms at Pop, they look like a hospital room to me.
Thank you! ::yes:: I thought I was the only one who immediately thought this last year the second I saw the remodel photos. Those rooms look exactly like a hospital room to me - and unfortunately, I've seen too many hospital rooms. Queen bed and coffeemaker are nice conveniences, but there is no way I'd want to stay there - even if the rate was LESS than all stars. It would be too depressing to me.

Thank you! ::yes:: I thought I was the only one who immediately thought this last year the second I saw the remodel photos. Those rooms look exactly like a hospital room to me - and unfortunately, I've seen too many hospital rooms. Queen bed and coffeemaker are nice conveniences, but there is no way I'd want to stay there - even if the rate was LESS than all stars. It would be too depressing to me.
I thought this way at first, but after people started staying in the rooms they mentioned that they don't seem as sterile in person. I'm hoping to get a refurbished room to make the decision for myself.

So I can save about $200-$300 if I book the Play, Stay, Dine package, but I can only get Preferred or Standard Pool View. I currently just have a Standard view. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. Would it be better to keep my Standard view in hopes of getting a refurbished room or should I switch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter