Simpsons returned - Move to AKL Day 4

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
Threw the few things we had unpacked back into the suitcases and went down to the desk to ask them to store our luggage for the day. Made our way to IOA taking the usual pool photo on the way.

IMG_7530.jpg

Glen and I went to the Hulk (I was being really brave this holiday, for his sake, the others didn't want to go on so poor old mum had to do it), we did the Bilge ride that John and Ashley had done yesterday, Glen took Ashley on Cat in the Hat in which they got stuck. I didn't really notice they had been gone for a while as I was chatting to the CM on the door, she originated from Blackpool and was homesick after just 6 weeks. Finished off with One Fish, Two Fish etc. and the carousel. Called in US to see Beetlejuice and also saw the Madagascar penguins who were very amusing to watch, they were dancing to a Beach Boys song in between greeting guests.

IMG_2911.jpg

Returned to HRH lounge for a quick drink, the staff there called us a taxi which was waiting by the time we had recovered our luggage. Enjoyed the club level, filled up on breakfast and had lots of drinks but never saw any other food offerings, they were never out long enough for us to see and wasn't very happy that they charged $15 daily if you used the fridge. We didn't as there were cold drinks in the lounge, but if we had stayed in a regular room we would have wanted a fridge. All these extras certainly add up your bill, we didn't have a car but the parking I believe is $12 a day.

IMG_7540.jpg

We had a company called Rockstar taxis (cost $43 + tip) drive us to AKL where we were welcomed home. We were upgraded to Savannah view from standard view and were put in Uzima. The desk staff said we had an envelope waiting which turned out to be from my pen friend in Idaho, she had sent some Moleskin plasters and a lovely card with confetti in which went all over the floor when I opened it! Took the usual photos of the room before anyone touched anything.
Just love the wallpaper.
IMG_2965.jpg

Looking out at the views from the corridor.

IMG_7542.jpg

Called in Mara to buy the refillable mugs before heading to Boma for our first meal in Disney.

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

After a very satisfying meal we grabbed our first of many refillable drinks, headed to the pool and stayed there till 10am.

Thoughts of the resort so far, very nice however the beds left a lot to be desired, very, very crispy sheets that made a noise when you moved added to which the bed frames creaked dreadfully so between the 4 of us there always seemed to be someone moving, the noise took some getting used to! Also noticed that we had no toiletries, there was 1 container of hand lotion and 1 bar of hand soap, good job I had cleared the stocks we had acquired at the Radisson and HRH before leaving otherwise showering that night would have been a problem. None was left the next day either we had to end up going to the desk and asking for some - bad marks for housekeeping that day. We also found for a room with 4 guests they only left 2 drinking mugs, plus side is free fridge.

Shame about the not so great mousekeeping and the creaky beds but am looking forward to hearing how the rest of your holiday at AKL went! :thumbsup2

Aww the boys look really happy with their dinner at Boma!:goodvibes

Sorry that Mousekeeping let you down on your first night. Did you pay for the upgrade or did they do that for you? Sorry I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take a lot!)

Moleskin plasters?? Is there a story behind that or did she just think you would be getting plenty of blisters during your stay? :rotfl2:

AKL looks good - shame about the beds though.

I love Boma however my DD didn't eat a thing there apart from chocolate mouse.

Great on the upgrade however shame about mousekeeping,

We had 2 bars of soap and 2 shower gels left out at All Stars music which we didn't use as had our own stuff from home however they kept leaving more out each day so we ended up with tons of the stuff that wasn't being used still in the wrappers, I found that rather strange that they would keep leaving it out.:confused3

Aww the boys look really happy with their dinner at Boma!:goodvibes

Sorry that Mousekeeping let you down on your first night. Did you pay for the upgrade or did they do that for you? Sorry I'm a bit confused (it doesn't take a lot!)

It was a free upgrade, I do know someone who works at Disney and she knew we were on our way so whether it was organised for us or whether we were lucky I don't know. When we were shown which room we were given I daren't query it in case it was wrong and we were put over the parking lot:thumbsup2

Moleskin plasters?? Is there a story behind that or did she just think you would be getting plenty of blisters during your stay? :rotfl2:

AKL looks good - shame about the beds though.

Yes there is a story. We shared a Wishes and Illuminations cruise with a family from Idaho in 2007 and we have kept in touch since. During our preparations for the 2007 my pen friend said she was doing last minute shopping which included Moleskin! I wondered what they were, she must have remembered and sent us some for our poor aching feet, and yes we did use some, its very good, very thick and soft plasters. Both Ashley and myself had lovely large blisters on the soles of our feet, not from the Crocs we practically lived in but from cheap water park shoes that we used at DC.

The pictures of the pool at HRH are all lovely. You got the courage to ride the Hulk - good for you! Did you like it or was once enough like it was for me? Looking forward to hearing more about AKL!

Jean

Shame Mousekeeping doesn't seem up to par so far...the room looks lovely though!

The pictures of the pool at HRH are all lovely. You got the courage to ride the Hulk - good for you! Did you like it or was once enough like it was for me? Looking forward to hearing more about AKL!

Jean

Hey - I laugh in the face of danger :rolleyes:You will see later in my reports it wasn't the last time I went upside down or was shaken to bits!!!!

As only DD was tall enough for Hulk I got to chicken out this time. Impressed that you did it :worship:
Shame out mousekeeping by score on the upgrade :thumbsup2

How lovely that you got an upgrade. Waking up & looking over the savannah is just the perfect way to start the day. :cloud9:

I've bought some moleskin for our trip as I always get blisters so I am glad to hear that it helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter