Simpsons returned - BB,Chef Mickeys & MK Day 6

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
Wednesday 22nd July 2009.

Promised to be a real scorcher today, it was morning EMH at AK so Glen and I caught the bus just to go and ride Everest. We had no bags so straight through the entrance. We were back at the AKL by 9am and ready to go to a waterpark. We were planning on TL but we waited for the bus for what seemed like ages and when a BB one turned up we got on that! Bought a sticker costing $6.50 for our re-usable mug bought in 2007 and hired a large locker for $12. To keep Ashley happy we headed for the lazy river.

IMG_3327.jpg

Had a coversation on the move with the Photopass lady who was fascinated by John's underwater housing for his camera.

IMG_3436.jpg

Being lazy on the lazy river!

IMG_3358.jpg

Image044-1.jpg

A genuine smile from Ashley (even though its underwater), he's happy now he's at a waterpark.

IMG_3346.jpg

Saw Goofy standing having photos taken on a bridge so got out of the water and he just started to move away to a different location so we followed him and were first to have pics taken at the new spot. This is certainly a good place to meet a character. we had quite a conversation with him before anyone else turned up. We asked where Max was, Goofy indicated he was surfing, when asked how good he was Goofy fell over!

Image052.jpg

Must be in a good mood, he's giving me a hug.

IMG_3451.jpg

Glen was somewhere behind us and we were waiting to move on and thought this a good observation spot to try to see him. Took a while and it was baking hot.

IMG_3462.jpg

This was fun, the line to go up the lift was very long so we decided to go up the singles line. John 1st, Ashley 2nd, Glen 3rd and me last. All got on lifts one after the other then after a few seconds it ground to a halt, so we sat waiting and waiting, getting hotter and hotter, I just hoped Ashley wasn't panicking and not understanding what was happening! It all turned out OK.

IMG_3416.jpg

We ate lunch at Lottawotto Lodge (burger, nuggets, chicken wrap and fries).

IMG_3413.jpg

We'd had enough shortly after this and made our way back to get cleaned up. Ashley asked to go to the arcade at AKL so we settled him in there and sat just outside with a coffee till he'd spent the points on his card. Ash and Glen went back to the room while John and I explored the hotel and grounds some more. I'll post the pictures we took on a different thread. We had an ADR at Chef Mickeys, the queue just to check in was sooooo long, we were past our time before we'd even reached the podium. We passed on having the photo taken and sat waiting for about another 20 minutes before being seated. We had a dog at the next table, it wasn't a guide dog and there was no indication it was a hearing dog so I don't really know what it was except it was overweight (same as its owner) and smelt dirty!

Look at our sons, they can't even wait to have their photo taken before starting to eat!

IMG_7638.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

John always has to have a picture of Donald as he's on his golf towel!

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

Time to visit the Magic Kingdom - hurray!!!!

IMG_3520.jpg

They were getting ready for Spectromagic, so we hopped on the train around to Adventureland and found a spot there to watch. Talk about good timing.

Just the one pic, we took too many to put on here!

IMG_3524.jpg

Had a brief look around before deciding to head back before the mass exodus after the fireworks, we were very hot and Glen seemed to be suffering the most. Just got down Main Street as they said the fireworks are about to begin. No one was moving so we just turned around, sat down and watched them. I felt a bit bad really as I know people stake out spots ages in advance and we had just walked up but everyone else around us was doing the same and no one said anything so here is the view.

IMG_7665.jpg

We did go back to AKL after this, some little tiny tots were fast asleep on the bus, it doesn't help when they put the lights out on the busses as it had a relaxing effect on us too. We were in bed with lights out by 11pm.

Chef Mickey's sounded like it was fun (despite the smelly dog!) - we're looking forward to trying Chef Mickey's for the first time in just over 4 weeks! :banana:

wow, I am impressed you keep going for so long, especially with the heat

. . . We had a dog at the next table, it wasn't a guide dog and there was no indication it was a hearing dog so I don't really know what it was except it was overweight (same as its owner) and smelt dirty!

Wendy,

Service dogs in the US not only guide the blind and aid the deaf, some are trained to detect an oncoming seizure and help during an episode. Most recently dogs have been trained to help soldiers who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan with post traumic disorders and/or brain injury, which sadly seem to be the predominate injuries of these wars. People with neurological problems usually look "normal" so I imagine their service dogs raise questions (or at least eyebrows) everywhere they go.

Made me smile to see that the camera caught Ashley smiling several time on this day--great big smiles!

Looks and sounds a busy, but enjoyable day :)

Like everyone else that is a smile to treasure :)

Wendy,

Service dogs in the US not only guide the blind and aid the deaf, some are trained to detect an oncoming seizure and help during an episode. Most recently dogs have been trained to help soldiers who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan with post traumic disorders and/or brain injury, which sadly seem to be the predominate injuries of these wars. People with neurological problems usually look "normal" so I imagine their service dogs raise questions (or at least eyebrows) everywhere they go.

Made me smile to see that the camera caught Ashley smiling several time on this day--great big smiles!

Well you learn something new every day, thanks for that. The dog was with an elderly lady and her family, I try very hard not to judge people, I know from experience sometimes you get 'looks' from people who don't understand what you are going through, of course we didn't mind the dog being there, Disney wouldn't have let it in if it wasn't for a very good reason but it would have helped if it didn't smell so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter