Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time -12/24-12/31/12 UPDATED 3/4

On our quest for WORLD domination, we had breakfasted at KONA, taken a nap, went to AK, and then to DTD. We'd been on buses, the monorail and a boat. We'd missed the chance to get to EPCOT, and were back at the POFQ at about 945.

DH and DD7 tapped out. After our wonderful meal at WPE, I was ready to go, and DD11 was to. So we hopped on a bus to DHS! It closed at 11, and then Fantasy in the Sky was at 1150, so we were hoping we could pull off both!

We arrived at DHS right about 10. DD11 had wanted to see Honey I Shrunk the Kids, but we didnt know the hours. We darted over there to find out it was closed, but she spotted a Maleficent pin on a CM lanyard, and traded one of her pins for it for me! I love that kid!

So we decided to walk through the lights again, and let it snow on us. We posed for a couple of photos.

Photo0514FourBySix_zps39f604d4.jpg

Photo0509FourBySix_zps0d055069.jpg

Then we went and rode Star Tours, walk on. Had the best ride yet!! We were wowed again by this ride!

Then we went and rode the Great Movie Ride, DD11 wanted to the other day, but DD7 declared it looked "boring". It was walk on as well, and we got the gangster scene. DD and I were in the front row. It was pretty cool.

I let DD take a few more pictures and it was close to 11. So we walked out, posing one more time...

Photo0503FourBySix_zpsec76e402.jpg

Got to the bus stop and DD and I debated about MK. Should we? Shouldnt we?

Would we? Did we?

I love the Cinderella Coaches that the pearls were in. I have never done a pick a pearl before. I saw the sign saying the pearls were $15.99. How much were the necklaces? Love that! Dinner looked yummy too! We love WPE.

I was just getting ready to ask this. I got a pearl last trip and just got a simply silver cage for it. I love this one. So off to ebay I went immediatly. I just got one also for $5. If anyone is interested search for cinderella pearl cage. Fyi there is also a mickey head one. I ordered one also, lol. So I guess I need to get a new pearl when I go. Dh is gonna laugh. Even reading a trip report gives me a reason to go shopping, lol.

And I love love love this trip report. So informative. We are planning our trip next year. Jan 26th thru Jan 3rd. First trip this time of year. Thanks for all your hard work writing this!!!

Don't leave me in suspense. Did you go for it? :dance3:

What?? You cant leave us hanging like that??!!! I wanna know if you went to MK??!!!

Y'all gotta wait!

I was just getting ready to ask this. I got a pearl last trip and just got a simply silver cage for it. I love this one. So off to ebay I went immediatly. I just got one also for $5. If anyone is interested search for cinderella pearl cage. Fyi there is also a mickey head one. I ordered one also, lol. So I guess I need to get a new pearl when I go. Dh is gonna laugh. Even reading a trip report gives me a reason to go shopping, lol.

And I love love love this trip report. So informative. We are planning our trip next year. Jan 26th thru Jan 3rd. First trip this time of year. Thanks for all your hard work writing this!!!

Ohhh a Mickey head one???! I didnt see that one when I bought the carriages! I would have liked a Mickey one. And thanks! You'll have fun - but do plan. Trust me, its worth it!

Well, after much deliberation, we decided to go to the resort.

When we arrived there, at about 1125, there was a bus waiting about to leave for MK.

We ALMOST got on it. I mean got "this close" to getting on it. We stood by it for a minute, but in the end DD11 was just too tired.

I wish now we had pushed through, but we were deliriously tired!

The next morning had to get up and pack.

We ate some breakfast in the Sassagoula Float Works. The girls got chocolate chip pancakes, and I got Mickey Waffles! Im not sure what DH got I cant remember.

We loaded up our suitcases and took them to the RAC desk.

We walked around and snapped some pictures of the resort, it was a beautiful day.

All too soon, we were waiting by this....

valsphone474_zpsfc79a6bb.jpg

And boarding DME for our trip to MCO. We got there with plenty of time, but got held up in security like you wouldn't believe! Before we knew it we were boarding our flight, leaving the happy place.

Next up:

I think I will do a few "Best of/ Worst of" posts before I wrap up my trip report.
Whatcha think?

I would love to read some best of worst of :-) especially dining!!!

Thank you so so much for sharing your trip with us all. You guys sure did pack a lot in!! You should benproud of how your girls did....though I get the feeling you are :-)

Look forward to more posts before it all wraps up.

AJ

Ok so I talked to my family, and we are going to each weigh in on best of/worst of. We are going to do food, and rides/attractions in parks, and experiences. And any other thing I can think of.

First topic: Counter Service

Best of:

It was unanimous, all of us rated Wolfgang Puck's Express as the BEST counter Service we ate. Though DD7 wanted to give a plug for Pizza Planet in DHS. I think it was the cupcake that put that up there though, plus the atmosphere of Toy Story.

Worst of:

ME: Floatworks at POFQ. The pizza we had one night was fine, but the burger I had one night was very bland. meh at best.

DH: POR food court: the burger he got there was meh

DD11: Floatworks: the chicken and ribs plate was "gross"

DD7: Cosmic Rays.The kids chicken nuggets were gross. (I think thats probably true of all WDW kids nuggets, but that was the only place she got them)

Next up, Snacks!

Please oh please dont say your done? I have so enjoyed reading this and you have helped me immensely in planning our upcoming trip. I want more best/worst of!!

cujochurch said:
Please oh please dont say your done? I have so enjoyed reading this and you have helped me immensely in planning our upcoming trip. I want more best/worst of!!

I'm not one, we've just has the flu. I hope to do a couple more this weekend.

So on to our next installment:

I polled the family

Best Snack:

DH and me: Dole Whip Floats (pineapple)

DD11: turtle cluster from Goofy's (She spent her snack credits on this twice)

DD7: Gingerbread cupcake at DHS (I agree it WAS awesome! and my 2nd fave)

Worst: We all thought the rice cripsy treat mouse heads from the Goofy's. Maybe we got a bad batch.

Honorable mention goes to the caramel popcorn from Germany in EPCOT

Thats funny ou said worst snack Mickey head rice crispy treats -- one of ours was AWFUL too!!

Question about POFQ -- how far is the walk over to POR food court? I am booked at POFQ for ToT 10 miler wknd and was just curious in case I want something to eat other than what POFQ offers.

Just read your whole TR start to finish and - WOW!!! I am so impressed with how well your trip went- BRAVO:cool1:

DH is a teacher and I am dying to see WDW at Christmas but we have never considered the busiest week of the year :scared: Your TR is making me think again!

debrapagliasotti said:
Thats funny ou said worst snack Mickey head rice crispy treats -- one of ours was AWFUL too!!

Question about POFQ -- how far is the walk over to POR food court? I am booked at POFQ for ToT 10 miler wknd and was just curious in case I want something to eat other than what POFQ offers.

Maybe 5 mins tops once you hot on the path. Not bad at all. And it's a gorgeous walk!

ProudMommyof2 said:
Just read your whole TR start to finish and - WOW!!! I am so impressed with how well your trip went- BRAVO:cool1:

DH is a teacher and I am dying to see WDW at Christmas but we have never considered the busiest week of the year :scared: Your TR is making me think again!

Thanks! We had a blast.

Great TR, thanks for letting m go aloung with you. We got the rice crispy mickey heads and they were bad. It's one thing I won't try again.

Table Service Time!

Best of:

DH: Le Cellier
Me: tied for me, The Wave for Dinner, and Kona for Breakfast.
DD7: Tusker House
DD11: Le Cellier

Worst of:
DH, DD11 and I felt that 1900 Park Fare was the worst meal (dinner)
DD7 said for her it was Le Cellier. The kids spag was "gross" though she liked the cheddar soup!

DD and DH did want to point out that the Malts at 50s in DHS was awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter