Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time -12/24-12/31/12 UPDATED 3/4

debrapagliasotti said:
3 rides on TSM -- you guys rock!! :thumbsup2

Cute face painting -- and good to know they touch up for free all day with the receipt.

Yes! It was awesome. But three in practically a row was enough. Ha.

I thought that was neat too, and it held up well. You'll see!

After our trip through Andy's room, and having a tiger join us, we were on our way to Lights! Motors! and Action! with our surprise FP from earlier. It was still drizzling, so it was nice to find a seat under the overhang. We enjoyed it, but DD7 was scared of the final fire. HA.

Of course we had to snap a pic of Lightening!!

valsphone463_zpsff7322d9.jpg

valsphone464_zpsf8405a91.jpg

After our show finished, DD11 and DH took the FPs to RnRC and DD7 and I went to get FP for Star Tours. We remembered to give DH the lanyard this time too! :cheer2:

42889980000_zps0dc12936.jpg

By the time they got through the FP line the first time, the window was over so the didnt get to ride twice. They caught back up with us, and it was just a few minutes before it was time to use our Star Tours FP, so we shopped at a couple of the booths around Star Tours, and did some pin trading. Rode Star Tours - none of us had been on that ride. We like it SO much we got another when we came out. This FP was for just after lunch, so we made our way to Pizza Planet! The pizzas were good, and we enjoyed getting off our feet. I didnt take pictures of the pizzas, but I DID snap a pic of this
valsphone465_zps3ab13381.jpg

Yummy!

After our lunch was finished it was time to ride Star Tours again! so back we went. Very fun again! The whole family loved this ride! So much we grabbed another FP for it. :rotfl2:

In the mean time we decided to head over to the animation building. We wanted to try the Animation Academy. There was already a class in, so we got in line for Mr Incredible and Frozone.

Photo0395FourBySix_zps39e82d0d.jpg

Photo0400FourBySix_zps38038808.jpg

The kids didnt want to wait for Sorcerer Mickey, or Wreck it Ralph, so we got in line for the Animation Academy. It was nice to get to sit on a bench for awhile while we waited for our class. Dh didnt want to draw, so he sat on a bench outside. The girls and I love to paint, so we thought it would be fun. We had someone in our class who had been a LOT and so we ended up having to draw Jack Skellington. DD11 and I had a blast, but DD7 got very upset b/c she didnt think her drawing was good. I thought they were all fine, but she started crying, which washed off part of her face paint.

After we calmed her down, we headed out and rode Star Tours for the 3rd time. HA. We were going to do the muppets, but the kids didnt want to wait for it. They were spoiled by short lines! It was about 330 by this point, and we had reservations at the 50s Cafe at 4. We found a bench to rest our feet, and DHs uncle called to let us know that he and one of his sons and DIL were there, waiting by the 50s. So we went there and spent about 30 mins with them before we checked in! We had been trying to catch them all week, but they were just as planned out as we were. DD7 ran up to her great uncle and said "Disney has taken ALL my money" :rotfl2: He got so tickled that he handed her $40 and said here sweetie, have a coke and a candy bar on me. :rotfl2::rotfl2: He gave DD11 some too, even though she tried to tell him she wasnt out yet. Funny stuff. They stayed at AOA, and said it was nice. We never got to see the other son, his wife and the grand babies, or DH's aunt. They were taking a nap, they had started the day early at CRT.

We checked in at the 50s Cafe, and our "mom" called for us shortly. She was a hoot. We enjoyed our meals. I had the meatloaf, DH had chicken pot pie, DD11 got pot roast, DD7 got mac and cheese but our mom said she wouldnt like it and brought her french fries too. :rotfl2: She did though, she loves mac and cheese. For dessert, DH, DD11 and I got chocolate malts (yum) and DD7 got an ice cream sundae. I didnt take any photos, sorry, I was a baaaaad DISer.

We felt very refreshed and happy after our time with mom, and came out ready to make our way out of the park. DD7 bought some light up Mickey ears and a Spinning Minnie light up toy with her money from her great uncle, and we decided to get the girls faces touched up before we left since we it had been a long time.

We waited in line at the FP booth - the SAME girls were still painting faces. It was about 6pm now, and we had gotten there faces painted at 9! The got DD11 in the chair to touch her up, and the CM told me that she really wasnt supposed to touch up unless 50% or more of the paint was still there, but she would fix it around her eyes. I told her that was fine, and thank you, b/c she had gotten upset and cried after she thought she messed up her drawing. She looked at DD and said, ohh no one should cry at Disney - come one lets fix it. And she fixed the WHOLE thing. She didnt have too, but it made DD7s day.

We decided to head back to POFQ now, and everyone still felt great. We stopped on our way out to have a picture taken.

Photo0401FourBySix_zps016e3dfb.jpg

On the bus, everyone talked about how much fun we were having, and how we felt great - so we decided to rest up at the resort for a little while, and go to MK before wishes started - to see if we could get some more rides in that we hadn't gotten do before. :cool1:

Next up, Late night at MK!

News Flash, I'm slowing down b/c I dont want my trip to be over yet. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Say it isn't so! I'm really enjoying your trip report. Love the pics of the family. Love how much you were able to accomplish, even though it was the busiest week of the year. I even like the details about the girls having troubles. Thanks for doing this!

mmeb144 said:
Say it isn't so! I'm really enjoying your trip report. Love the pics of the family. Love how much you were able to accomplish, even though it was the busiest week of the year. I even like the details about the girls having troubles. Thanks for doing this!

Awww thanks!! I'm doing it mostly for me haha but I'm glad you enjoy it!!

So after all our fun in early mornings, and a great day at DHS, we decided to try a late night at MK.

12/28 the park was open to 1 am, and it wasnt EMH, so we rested after we got back from DHS, and planned to head to MK just before Wishes, and try to do some of the park we hadnt seen.

We arrive at MK about 10 mins to 10. And the people STREAMING out of the park was insane! there was ONE single file line of people trying to get into back check - the rest of the walk way was shoulder to shoulder people trying to leave. once we made it to bag check we were golden though. No trouble getting in at all. We made our way around too...

Haunted Mansion! Love that ride!
Came out as the fireworks were going off,we decided to split up. DD7 wanted to ride the carpets, and DD11 wanted to ride Big Thunder. DD7 and I rode magic carpets 3x in a row! DH and DD11 rode Big Thunder and Splash Mountain the same amt of time.

DD7 and I decided to had to Fantasyland, while DD11 and DH kept riding the Mountains (now guess what? I forgot to send the PP+ lanyard with him again)

DD7 and I rode:

valsphone472_zpsc15473e7.jpg

Then we went to meet Ariel

Photo0406FourBySix_zps111219df.jpg

Photo0407FourBySix_zps9b4adb72.jpg
(no wait!)

Then we went and rode Dumbo, and they didnt even make us get off! We rode 2x in a row then went to Pete's Silly Sideshow.
Photo0412FourBySix_zpsffd0054c.jpg

Photo0419FourBySix_zpsd4ecb6e2.jpg

Photo0425FourBySix_zps6406899c.jpg

Photo0442FourBySix_zps7e8bd3bd.jpg

Photo0461FourBySix_zps9ec18e38.jpg

Photo0463FourBySix_zps8efa531a.jpg

Got a txt from DH, and decided to meet back up with him and DD11. They had ridden all three mountains and astro orbiter.

Everyone wanted to do the LaughFloor, and had the BEST time there!

They picked DD7, by saying: "There is a human with four ears!!!" and then he said....AND she is WITH a "half tiger half human, meow" and they got asked questions, giggling the whole time. Soo cute.

DD7 wanted some popcorn, so we made our way back to the hub, and had a photopass shot taken:

Photo0469FourBySix_zps703b3bfa.jpg

Got some popcorn, and decided to make our way out since it was about 1245. Stopped by main street bakery and bought two cinnamon rolls for the next day with snack credits, and a couple drinks.

Saw the line for the princesses as 0 wait :rotfl2: So we got in line to meet the princesses at 12:59 am. Giggling the whole way!!

Photo0473FourBySix_zpsd93dcc5d.jpg

Photo0479FourBySix_zps8094c79e.jpg

Photo0483FourBySix_zps4e752220.jpg

Photo0490FourBySix_zps532f2e1e.jpg

We laughed our tired selves back to the bus stop, and in no time were washing face paint off and crashing at about 215 am.

We had grand plans of trying to hit all 4 parks on our last full day at WDW - but not starting until our BREAKFAST at KONA! I had been looking to this ADR as much as I had Le Cellier!!!

Could we do it? Last day, and make it all the way???

Stay tuned....

I'm waiting with bated breath to see if you made it to Kona! It was much anticipated for us too....and I had to move that one to our last day when I was able to snag a last minute, almost pre-park opening at Crystal Palace.......we ended up canceling Kona :( We were so tired and not packed so logic won and slept in that last day at POR, then packed up and checked our luggage early.

I can just taste that Tonga Toast! I've made it at home before....but it just isn't the same!

I missed your update a few days ago somehow (the Lights, Motor, Action one).

You guys got so much done -- major kudos!! And your late night at MK sounded great ;)

Love your late night at MK!! What a great day :) Your TR report makes me want to grab my girls and get on a plane and go back now'

I'm waiting with bated breath to see if you made it to Kona! It was much anticipated for us too....and I had to move that one to our last day when I was able to snag a last minute, almost pre-park opening at Crystal Palace.......we ended up canceling Kona :( We were so tired and not packed so logic won and slept in that last day at POR, then packed up and checked our luggage early.

I can just taste that Tonga Toast! I've made it at home before....but it just isn't the same!

hehehe. I'll let you know soon! ;)
I missed your update a few days ago somehow (the Lights, Motor, Action one).

You guys got so much done -- major kudos!! And your late night at MK sounded great ;)
Thanks! We had a blast. I wish I were there now instead of here at work.

Love your late night at MK!! What a great day :) Your TR report makes me want to grab my girls and get on a plane and go back now'
thanks! Me too. I want to go back so bad. :rotfl2:

I am loving your trip report.. We are considering going this time next year but the crowds scare me and your trip report makes it seem doable...

I am loving your trip report.. We are considering going this time next year but the crowds scare me and your trip report makes it seem doable...

My family did this week a few years ago. One of the best trips ever! We did the same things the OP did, up early and out late. Very fun. :cool1:

you can do it. I cant stress rope drop enough. The best touring time BY FAR was early. And then that one late night. That was good too. Dunno how the change to fp/fp+ will effect it though.

My family did this week a few years ago. One of the best trips ever! We did the same things the OP did, up early and out late. Very fun. :cool1:
Fun times!!

Love you TR...Great update! :)
THANKS! :goodvibes

you can do it. I cant stress rope drop enough. The best touring time BY FAR was early. And then that one late night. That was good too. Dunno how the change to fp/fp+ will effect it though.

Fun times!!

THANKS! :goodvibes

I have just caught back up....have been offline due to floods & cyclones over here but so good to get back & catch up.

You guys have got through so much! Good one!! Love the late night at MK & to meet the Princesses at 1 oclock in the morning....who would've thought huh :-)

Can't wait for more. Have you booked that next trip yet :laughing:

I have just caught back up....have been offline due to floods & cyclones over here but so good to get back & catch up.

You guys have got through so much! Good one!! Love the late night at MK & to meet the Princesses at 1 oclock in the morning....who would've thought huh :-)

Can't wait for more. Have you booked that next trip yet :laughing:

My goodness! I hope everyone/thing is ok. we had some nasty weather here last night. I hate tornado threat during the night.

No, we dont have one booked...though I keep pricing them. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I only have one more full day and then the departure day left to talk about in this trip. :eek::faint:

1stvisit0909 said:
My goodness! I hope everyone/thing is ok. we had some nasty weather here last night. I hate tornado threat during the night.

I only have one more full day and then the departure day left to talk about in this trip. :eek::faint:

I don't want your TR to end!!

Thank you hun. We are getting there...our house was totally unscathed. ....just nonpower, water or sewage for 4 days but my parents had their business inundated with flood water and my brother lost his home & car....had to get the rescue boat out :-( but theres stories like that all aound here at the moment.

We have had our fair share of natural disasters in the last few years....worldwide!!!! I wonder if someone is trying to tell us something!!!! Maybe spend as much time in Disney as possible to escape the real world hehehe

You keep checking those prices :-) I just paid the deposit for a Disney cruise next May and we are going to stay in Orlando for a month as well. Can't wait. Our airfares are so lomg and expensive we thought we would make the most of it and stay for ages!!!!

Looking forward to hearing the end of your awesome trip :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter