Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time -12/24-12/31/12 UPDATED 3/4

Having a great time reading your TR. It will be our family's first visit in June~ we have two girls (11,13) and we cannot wait! I'm living vicariously through you right now :)
Welcome!!! Y'all will have a GREAT time!

Wow! Such a great day so far!! Amazing Disney commercial moment. pixiedust: Love the shirts. I am glad DH agreed to wear one. I remember when that "battle" was being waged. :goodvibes

:lmao: yeah he was "ok" with it as long as the design was small and on the pocket, not the middle. He was a good sport. :goodvibes

What great shirts! Oh the part where youngest DD is running to Minnie and Minnie to her, priceless. Got a huge smile on that one. Wow I really like the new cars at TT. Thanks for posting a picture of them. Can't wait to see if you made CP Christmas night. Love that show.

luckylady said:
What great shirts! Oh the part where youngest DD is running to Minnie and Minnie to her, priceless. Got a huge smile on that one. Wow I really like the new cars at TT. Thanks for posting a picture of them. Can't wait to see if you made CP Christmas night. Love that show.

Welcome!

Are the cars cool? I never rode the old one. It was fun though!

I'm here...and following your TR! I haven't started one yet. I was so good about taking digital notes on my phone each day.....in the beginning. :rotfl2:

Love your photos! What camera are you using? I forget, I think it was a new one?

ksromack said:
I'm here...and following your TR! I haven't started one yet. I was so good about taking digital notes on my phone each day.....in the beginning. :rotfl2:

Love your photos! What camera are you using? I forget, I think it was a new one?

It's a canon t3i, that I got for Christmas 2011. I love it! Some are from Dd11s Nikon cool pix too, but so far only 2 in the report. The EPCOT sign and the TestTrack sign. The pool pictures are from my iPad.

Before I get started - I ordered my photopass CD, an ornament and calendar on 1/1. The ornament and calendar came yesterday - LOVE!

The photopass CD shipped yesterday, so I should get it soon and then look out!!
I also remembered that I have an 8x8 shutterfly book for free from buying my ipad at best buy - oh boy!

Ok so back to the trip. I left off with the girls in the pool Christmas day, with us having Candlelight Processional stickers for 5pm. I got the kids out of the pool about 3, and we got back to the bus stop at 330. I figured that would give us PLENTY of time to get to EPCOT, and take the boat over near America and get in line by 430. Best laid plans.... queue creepy music - duh- duh duuuuuh....

So we make the bus stop at 330. I had been watching the lines app all day, and I could tell that EPCOT was crowded. Rumor had it that MK had reached phase 2 closure at 11 am, and I think phase 3 sometime afternoon.

We didn't wait very long for the bus, and it only took 15 mins to get to EPCOT, but the place was SLAMMED. We had "smartly" decided not to take a bag back with us, so it was just us, our lanyards and my camera with the long lens for the processional. we made it through the gates at about 4. I never realized how BIG the WS is until I was on one side, needing to get exactly half way around in 30 mins, in a sea of humanity. We went to the boat launch....
but I bet there were 2, maybe THREE boat fulls of people waiting to get on the next one. Here is a picture of where we walked through the line - people were lined up all the way to the next break in the pathway.
Hannahscamerapictures121_zps0c365c8b.jpg

I looked at DH, he looked at me, we looked across the lake and checked the time, and decided we better just hoof it. AND we went left. I thought I read the line was to the left of the CP.... DUH DUH DUUUUUHHHH....

And away we went, in a single file line with me in the front, the kids behind and hubby bringing up the rear, holding hands. We channeled our college days of navigating New Orleans. Oh MY GOSH. I have never seen so many people in one place in my LIFE (up until that point *foreshadowing*)

And we squeezed, cajoled, darted, practically half jogged our way around the WS. Poor DD11 was taking pictures as we went - talk about "drive by WS photography" here are a few.

Hannahscamerapictures123_zps95ecbb37.jpg

Hannahscamerapictures128_zpsfb41b102.jpg

FINALLY we saw the line...and guess what? it was 427, and it was the end of the standby line. :rotfl2: drat. We went the wrong way! (and that SB long was HUGE) so we kept hoofing it. FINALLY at 435 we saw this

Hannahscamerapictures146_zps42c155d7.jpg

And I asked a CM pointed us to keep going around the WS to the end of the CP line.

Hannahscamerapictures148_zps6e3da520.jpg

FINALLY at 440 we found the end, which was starting to move b/c they were loading the theater. So, bad news is we were out of breath from walking nearly 3/4 of the way around the WS, but the good news is we didnt have to stand in line. :lmao:

I was catching my breath, so DD11 snapped a few pictures as we were walking back toward the CP theater.

Hannahscamerapictures147_zpsf8e8d4ce.jpg

We loaded in the theater and set down next to a couple, near the middle, who had empty seats on the far side. We were settled and relaxing, when the guy in front of my DH put up a video camera on an tripod. The couple told us that the seats on the other side weren't saved so we moved over to the other side of that couple. I was NOT going to watch through a video camera! He had the tripod sitting ON the bench! People kept trying to get him to take it down but he ignored everyone behind him. DD7 laid down on and put her head in my lap and her legs in her dad's, and was out cold in about 2 mins. She slept the 15 mins before the show. I cant remember the last time she took a nap, so she must have been TIRED!

So they were loading the theater, and scrunching us, and we ended up directly in the center. :cool1: and CM came over and told the man he could video, but only if he held it in his hand, he couldnt block the view of others.
He took it down, but as soon as she walked away he went to put it back up on the bench, and this guy behind him about 3x rows back, said I DONT THINK SO BUDDY! And the whole section started clapping. Needless to day, dude kept is video camera down after that. I got tickled, but I was glad "peer pressure" worked. About 10 rows of standby got in for our show. And it was TIME! I had looked forward to this ever since I booked our trip and scored the CP package at Le Cellier. It was a beautiful mild evening, and the music was gorgeous! We had great seats. Gary Sinse did great job, it was perfect!

I only took a few pictures, because I wanted to be 'in the moment' and I didnt want to have my camera up the whole time so people didnt have to look at it. here are a few:

Hannahscamerapictures171_zpsefb7fc6c.jpg

322_zps4e2fcb63.jpg

329_zps538cdb60.jpg

It was so beautiful. A perfect way to spend Christmas evening. I loved every second of it. So did my family. I would TOTALLY do it again (but I'd plan better so we didnt have to walk so fast).

After it was over, we decided since we were coming back on Sunday to just stop by Germany and get some treats, and head to the resort since the crowded just kept getting bigger and bigger! We waited nearly 30 mins for treats in Germany, and they had probably 8 people working the counter?! Nuts! We got a caramel apple, a chocolate apple, and some caramel popcorn. The apples arent snack credits, but the popcorn was. We got them to slice the apples for us and package it all up to go.

We did our single file line again and made it around to the exit - and only got clipped by one stroller in the process. :lmao:

Stopped for a photopass shot outside, this one is on DD11s camera (I had my long lens on, so no good for mine). The photopass CD has a few more I'll add later.

Hannahscamerapictures209_zps8ffaf625.jpg

After a long, but beautiful, fun Christmas, we headed back to POFQ. We spent two CS credits on a pizza package - which is a good expense of credits, if you need to stretch them. And the pizza wasnt bad either. We got water and fruit as the drink and snacks, and nibbled on our snacks from Germany to close out the evening. Everyone got a shower, and it was lights out early, because -12/26 is our MK day, and the EMH was at 7. DH had agreed to "rope drop" but he never actually ASKED what time that was...

Would I be able to get my krewe up and to the bus stop? Would crowds crush us at MK? Stay tuned!

What an amazing Christmas Day! Those pictures of Minnie running towards your daughter are priceless. What a little Christmas miracle! Sometimes on a WDW trip, a wrong turn can make all of the difference! Can't wait to read more.

What an amazing Christmas Day! Those pictures of Minnie running towards your daughter are priceless. What a little Christmas miracle! Sometimes on a WDW trip, a wrong turn can make all of the difference! Can't wait to read more.

Very very true!

Welcome! My photopass CD should be in soon, I'm going to wait for it then I'll write about the MK day on the 26th. :) :goodvibes

Hey everyone, sorry to leave you hanging! I promise I'm writing about MK on 12/26 as soon as my photopass CD comes in! it threatened to rain (and did) that day so I didnt take my big camera, we only had a point and shoot and got photopass, so I wanted to wait until the CD gets here.

Good news, is it shipped and is on the way! I should have it in the next couple of days. :goodvibes

My CD will be here tomorrow, so I will start MK today, and just get to the first photopass shoot. I'm having with withdrawals. :thumbsup2

So after our near perfect day at EPCOT, we went to bed fairly early because we had plans to be in MK before opening. DH was on board with the plan, and so were the kids, after they saw how short (non existent) lines were early.

So the alarm goes off, the family pops up no trouble, had a light breakfast, and headed to the door. When I opened the door, DH said "exactly what time IS it anyway??" Cus it was still dark. :rotfl2: I said sheepishly 550. :rolleyes1

Got to the Bus stop at a couple mins before 6 :banana: (go team!)
Here is a picture from my cell phone at the bus stop.
valsphone311_zps8b6fe968.jpg

Hehe yeah its dark. And yeah, they look at little tired. But we were at the bus stop.

Bus pulls up about 10 after 6, and we are on our way to MK! We get there, get through bag check and the turnstile, waiting by the tunnel by 630. I was so excited!

Hannahscamerapictures218_zps51e805fb.jpg

We got to see the opening show! We didn't take any pictures, we just soaked up the moment! They let us in to the park a few minutes before 7 am! We paused to take an early morning photopass photo by the Christmas tree.

Photo0070FourBySix_zps74a3540f.jpg

Photo0073FourBySix_zps16c2352b.jpg

Then I snapped this with DDs camera - note sun still not all the way up (and it was cloudy)
Hannahscamerapictures226_zps1ac604a3.jpg
there seem to be a lot of people there, but we were at the back of the pack that came in at 7. They were in a hurry, so soon it cleared out

Then photopass one on main street with the castle.

Photo0075FourBySix_zps32d02339.jpg

Photo0084FourBySix_zpsf65d56df.jpg

and we walked pretty much alone to...

TOMORROWLAND!

First ride? BUZZ! It was cool to just walk on. We came around to look at the pictures, but alas, Zerg zapped 'em. Then DD11 and DH wanted to ride Space Mtn, but DD7 didnt. So they headed off to Space, and DD7 and I walked on Buzz three more times in a row! :banana: Zerg zapped all our pictures, and we forgot to give DH/DD11 the card and they didnt know you could write the number down and come back and get the photo. oh well!

We met back up and it was on to Stitch's Great Escape. My DD11s FAVE Character is Stitch so we had to ride. It wasnt AS bad as I thought it would be. :rotfl2: DD11 loved it. Then we did the Laugh Floor, but DD7 wanted to. That was hilarious!! I laughed until I hurt, and I thought it would be cheesy.

Afterwards, I knew it was about time for Stitch to come out to M&G so we went to ask a CM. They told us he was doing the dance party that day, and it would be later. We decided that we should make our way to Fantasyland/New Fantasyland since it was getting close to 8, when the park opened and people would head that way. We wanted to get ahead of the crowds if possible. :cool1:

And now I have to stop, b/c this is where the good photopass starts! And I apologize for the lack of pictures, we left our big camera in the room b/c it was supposed to rain today.

Lovin it lovin it lovin it!!!!!! Just saying :rolleyes1

I can't wait to see the photopass pics as the ones with your dds camera are great!!! It looks like you weren't the only crazy folk up before the sun :laughing:

Look forward to more when you get the photopass cd.

Thanks for sharing!!!

I love that picture of Main Street so early in the morning, with the beautiful Christmas lights on! Great job getting so much done in such a short time.

I'm so excited to see your photopass pics!!

Up and out the door before 6am!?! Thats so great!! I can keep my crew out late but they NEVER want to get up early.

I'm loving your trip report. If I can ever handle going to Disney at Christmas I'm looking for you!

Lovin it lovin it lovin it!!!!!! Just saying :rolleyes1

I can't wait to see the photopass pics as the ones with your dds camera are great!!! It looks like you weren't the only crazy folk up before the sun :laughing:

Look forward to more when you get the photopass cd.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Welcome! There are some good ones on there!

I love that picture of Main Street so early in the morning, with the beautiful Christmas lights on! Great job getting so much done in such a short time.
it was beautiful!

I'm so excited to see your photopass pics!!

Up and out the door before 6am!?! Thats so great!! I can keep my crew out late but they NEVER want to get up early.

They realized that it was worth it at EPCOT the day before when they saw the lines for attractions by 1030. So I had no trouble. We slept in two days on our trip though.

I'm loving your trip report. If I can ever handle going to Disney at Christmas I'm looking for you!

Awww! You could do it! :goodvibes

Got the CD, well TWO CDs, transferred and uploaded them so I'm ready to roll! I hope to get an update out tonight.

Since I already saw the PP pics on FB, I cant wait to hear all the fun details to go along with them! :thumbsup2

Wasnt it great to get so much done during those AM EMH??

Sorry I missed the transition from PTR to TR so I’m playing catch-up in a big way.

Nice that there was no hassle at the airport. I think we had that same MEARS driver on one of our trips from POP to Universal – same jokes anyways. Nice room and looks like a very relaxing place to stay. And another PP+ user! As I’ve said on my own and other TRs, sooo worth it! Our whole fam was doing the exact same thing for our DD11 in trying to get Stitch pins :lmao:

Yay for good CMs! I’m with you as far as the Osborne lights go, I could have stayed there a lot longer than the rest of the fam just taking it in. Nice shot of the girls with Santa Goofy. Sorry that DD7 didn’t have fun on ToT, poor thing. Good call with the ‘retail therapy’.

Way to go Santa with the great (and fully charged) presents for the kiddos!

Funny about the CM not being able to tell you what capacity was at MK. Very cool that you were one of the first families thru and that the CM in the land got you steered in the right direction for Soarin’ FPs. That is SO COOL that your wrong turn brought you to that magical experience between your daughter and the characters. It made me tear up for sure and in the last pic when your daughter turns around from Mickey it looks like one of the CMs was wiping a tear too :goodvibes

TT was in soft opening when we were there and kept breaking down which lead to 2+ hr waits so we didn’t bother. Thank you for giving a feel for it. Now I want to do it just for the car design to see if I can crash a computer too! Certainly a respectable list of thrill rides for Christmas day! :thumbsup2

Sorry you weren’t feeling well for your Le Cellier rese, I know it is something to look forward to in any WDW trip. Good call in leaving and having a relaxing afternoon. I didn’t even know MK closed in phases, learn something new every day.

One hint I can tell you about getting to the processional if you build in the time. Take the park bus to DHS and go right down to the boat launch. Take that boat through the resort hops and on to WS. It’ll put you at the England pavilion and depending on the length of the line you’ll be to it sooner than you think. It does require an hour on the safe side to do the DHS bus and boat ride. Saves a LOT of walking/crowds though. Sorry you ended up going the wrong way :(

What a loser that guy with the tripod was. I’m glad you were able to move on the other side of him and eventually end up in the center. And yay for the CM and the guy 3 rows back putting that guy in his place! A friend of mine was there around the same time as you and caught Gary Sinise and agrees that he was great. Nice shots with the long lens! What a wonderful Christmas, one I’m sure your family will remember for years to come :santa:

I don’t feel quite as bad now about getting my crew up early our first couple of days – I never tried to pull off a pre-6am morning with them :rotfl2: Nice start to the day with all you were able to do in Tomorrowland! Can’t wait to see those PP pics!

Since I already saw the PP pics on FB, I cant wait to hear all the fun details to go along with them! :thumbsup2

Wasnt it great to get so much done during those AM EMH??
Yep, there are some details to add to them, so many good memories! And yes, AM EMH was totally worth it!!!

Sorry I missed the transition from PTR to TR so I’m playing catch-up in a big way.

Nice that there was no hassle at the airport. I think we had that same MEARS driver on one of our trips from POP to Universal – same jokes anyways. Nice room and looks like a very relaxing place to stay. And another PP+ user! As I’ve said on my own and other TRs, sooo worth it! Our whole fam was doing the exact same thing for our DD11 in trying to get Stitch pins :lmao:

Yay for good CMs! I’m with you as far as the Osborne lights go, I could have stayed there a lot longer than the rest of the fam just taking it in. Nice shot of the girls with Santa Goofy. Sorry that DD7 didn’t have fun on ToT, poor thing. Good call with the ‘retail therapy’.

Way to go Santa with the great (and fully charged) presents for the kiddos!

Funny about the CM not being able to tell you what capacity was at MK. Very cool that you were one of the first families thru and that the CM in the land got you steered in the right direction for Soarin’ FPs. That is SO COOL that your wrong turn brought you to that magical experience between your daughter and the characters. It made me tear up for sure and in the last pic when your daughter turns around from Mickey it looks like one of the CMs was wiping a tear too :goodvibes

TT was in soft opening when we were there and kept breaking down which lead to 2+ hr waits so we didn’t bother. Thank you for giving a feel for it. Now I want to do it just for the car design to see if I can crash a computer too! Certainly a respectable list of thrill rides for Christmas day! :thumbsup2

Sorry you weren’t feeling well for your Le Cellier rese, I know it is something to look forward to in any WDW trip. Good call in leaving and having a relaxing afternoon. I didn’t even know MK closed in phases, learn something new every day.

One hint I can tell you about getting to the processional if you build in the time. Take the park bus to DHS and go right down to the boat launch. Take that boat through the resort hops and on to WS. It’ll put you at the England pavilion and depending on the length of the line you’ll be to it sooner than you think. It does require an hour on the safe side to do the DHS bus and boat ride. Saves a LOT of walking/crowds though. Sorry you ended up going the wrong way :(

What a loser that guy with the tripod was. I’m glad you were able to move on the other side of him and eventually end up in the center. And yay for the CM and the guy 3 rows back putting that guy in his place! A friend of mine was there around the same time as you and caught Gary Sinise and agrees that he was great. Nice shots with the long lens! What a wonderful Christmas, one I’m sure your family will remember for years to come :santa:

I don’t feel quite as bad now about getting my crew up early our first couple of days – I never tried to pull off a pre-6am morning with them :rotfl2: Nice start to the day with all you were able to do in Tomorrowland! Can’t wait to see those PP pics!

THIS would have been nice to know on 12/25. Our plan had been to stay at EPCOT all day, trying to catch holiday storytellers so I didnt look into the transportation to get to WS from outside. I knew there was something, but I couldnt recall it, and I couldnt pick up wi-fi from the pool, so we just went with it. But yeah, that would have been nice!! :rotfl2: There is another instance with transportation that could have been avoided later in the trip...next time we go I will be sure I know ALL the options!!

Working on an update, and I posted photopass from DHS and EPCOT in one post, but then added the MK ones back to MK. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter