Silver Lake Resort Help Needed Fast

Kes

Mouseketeer
Sorry - I have a hold ona unit with RCI so I'm working on a deadline :) I've been offered a 1 bedroom unit at Silver Lake. The description states that it sleeps 4/6 and has a full kitchen. 1BR units OCC: Max 6/Pri 4 have 2 baths, 1 king bed,and 2 queen sleep sofas.

I don't want to get stuck with one of those small 1 bedrooms or with no washer / dryer. Does anyone know if the description above would mean it's a newer unit with the washer / dryer?

Are they a hard sell? I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks spicycat for the quick reply :) I went ahead an confirmed it. It's for February vacation week so at this point, as long as I know it's not an awful place, I'll risk it.

I did have a minute at lunch and called over to the resort. They said that all of the one bedrooms that sleep 6 do have washer / dryers. Hopefully the woman in reservations is correct.

Thanks again!

Love the location:)

I'm sure it'll be fine. Are you exchanging in?

:sunny:

did you think to ask about what they charge for Housekeeping fees....

silver lake seems to charge exchangers for cleaning...

15 for studio
30 for one bedroom
40 for two bedroom

perhaps it is just the points section of the resort that does this, but you might be wise to call and verify this with the front desk .....so you will not be surprised when you get there....if they do happen to charge this fee even though you are exchanging with RCI

I've stayed at Silver Lake over a dozen times and have never seen a one bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms. I can't imagine what they are refering to.

As far as I know, the only one bedroom units with no washer /dryer are in buildings 100-700. Make sure you are not in one of these buildings unless they upgrade you to a two bedroom unit.

lawgs, I did hear about the fee. RCI reviewed it with me when I called to confirm. Since it's school vacation week I didn't want to be too picky. ;)

bearzabout, the description of the one bedrooms I have (that sleeps 6) on RCI's site lists 2 bathrooms, and the description of the 1 bedrooms on the Silver Lake website also lists 2. :confused3 If they don't have it, we'll have to deal. There's only 3 of us so it won't kill us to share.

How did you like the resort? I'd love to hear your experience with them.

Kes (or anyone else) can you describe the layout of this unit? I can't find any floor plans for this particular configuration.

from the description on silver lake website

'Two Hundred Sixty (260) villas have been completed to date: 32 one-bedroom villas; 88 two-bedroom lock-off villas; 84 standard two-bedroom villas; and 56 three-bedroom lock-off villas.

One-bedroom villas feature 735-1470 sq. ft. of living area, a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, two queen-sized sofa sleepers in the great room, two full baths, three televisions with cable hook-up and HBO (including a 48” television in the entertainment area), and a large living/entertainment area with wet bar. '

Thanks, Pat. I did find that description. I'm wondering if the living space (with the two sleepers) is just one big open space, or if it is carved up a little bit.

Sounds like either a really odd configuration, or an almost-two-bedroom one. I'm just not sure which. ;)

I've never seen one of these rooms in person, but I have the floor plan for the units in the older buildings. The space is a little smaller than the two bedroom units. There is a den or extra sitting area off the living room along the back wall. The master is in the center of the unit in between the den and the master bath. The window in the master bath faces the front and parking area. I hope there are good window blinds.

It sleeps six because of two in a fold out in the living room, two in a foldout in the den, and two in the master bedroom. Since the den and living room are combined in an L, privacy is only for 4 - two in the master and four in the L. The TV is in the den. There is a small full bath just off the den and the closet with the washer and dryer is next to the bath, opening into the den.

It looks like a great room to me. Just expect a lot of hard tile that gets slippery when wet and mirrors on most walls. Bring slippers (and a bathrobe).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter